• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chase

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lucky enough to talk to the "Captain" again this week, as he was in for the quarterly numbers, and to show off his newest trophy. I thought I would share some of his thoughts with y'all.

He still is not a huge fan of the new chase set-up. Himself personally he said he has put more money into his teams than he has previous years. Not that it was a bad thing, but he said if your cars are not top notch and cutting edge then your just racing on a prayer. He went onto say that the chase will and is starting to kill the fans as far as viewer ratings and such. As he asked me if my driver was out of the chase, and I told him yes, but there is still a driver I am pulling for. He understood and chuckled at me and said but if your driver(s) were out, would you watch any more this year. I said, probably not. With that he smiled and said how many thousands of other fans feel the same way, especially since two drivers, Johnson and Jr, with very large fan bases are now out of the chase.

He went onto say that there is talk of possible tweaking to the chase again next year, so it doesn't look as if there is a solution in site to the chase debacle just yet.

I couldn't help myself, so I had to ask him about the whole BK thing at Charlotte. Because I thought he was rather quiet at the end of the Dega race.... He said he briefly spoke to BK and reminded him of one thing, He said to BK, "Do you remember Kurt Busch?" and he left it at that!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lucky enough to talk to the "Captain" again this week, as he was in for the quarterly numbers, and to show off his newest trophy. I thought I would share some of his thoughts with y'all.

He still is not a huge fan of the new chase set-up. Himself personally he said he has put more money into his teams than he has previous years. Not that it was a bad thing, but he said if your cars are not top notch and cutting edge then your just racing on a prayer. He went onto say that the chase will and is starting to kill the fans as far as viewer ratings and such. As he asked me if my driver was out of the chase, and I told him yes, but there is still a driver I am pulling for. He understood and chuckled at me and said but if your driver(s) were out, would you watch any more this year. I said, probably not. With that he smiled and said how many thousands of other fans feel the same way, especially since two drivers, Johnson and Jr, with very large fan bases are now out of the chase.

He went onto say that there is talk of possible tweaking to the chase again next year, so it doesn't look as if there is a solution in site to the chase debacle just yet.

I couldn't help myself, so I had to ask him about the whole BK thing at Charlotte. Because I thought he was rather quiet at the end of the Dega race.... He said he briefly spoke to BK and reminded him of one thing, He said to BK, "Do you remember Kurt Busch?" and he left it at that!!!

Of course that will happen. NASCAR can't leave anything alone at all from formats to the rule book. If he had any sense at all, the tweak he'd make is to go back to the pre-2004 season long format but use the same points scoring (42 for 2nd, 41 for 3rd,etc on down) but also give extra points for wins. It's so fucking simple.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so want Ryan Newman to win the chase with zero wins & only 3 top 5's!!! That would be such a huge slap to Brian France's face. LOL

Then look back at last year if they used this dumbass format Dale Jr would have won with zero wins.
Never in the history of Nascar has their been a champion with zero wins, yet when Brian tries to put emphasis on winning, I would laugh my ass off if the champ has zero wins :pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so want Ryan Newman to win the chase with zero wins & only 3 top 5's!!! That would be such a huge slap to Brian France's face. LOL

Then look back at last year if they used this dumbass format Dale Jr would have won with zero wins.
Never in the history of Nascar has their been a champion with zero wins, yet when Brian tries to put emphasis on winning, I would laugh my ass off if the champ has zero wins :pound:

I thought it was Matt Kenseth doing that which started all this stupid chase crap.

Edit: Just checked, you are right, he had 1 win that year.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm also behind Newman now, for that very reason. Plus I DGAS about any of the remaining teams.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that will happen. NASCAR can't leave anything alone at all from formats to the rule book. If he had any sense at all, the tweak he'd make is to go back to the pre-2004 season long format but use the same points scoring (42 for 2nd, 41 for 3rd,etc on down) but also give extra points for wins. It's so fucking simple.

First if you think I am refering to the "Captain" as being brian france, there is no way in hell I mean that idiot france!!

Secondly, this is what he was talking about.... Every year there is more changes to the point system, or changes to the chase format you lose that many more fans to his ignorance. His line of thinking is with every new change to give more drivers a chance, the more fans he is going to pull in. When in fact the more changes he makes, the harder it is for us as fans to follow and the less interested we become. That being said, france is hoping to draw new fans to the sport, and failing miserably, while taking away from the fans who have been with Nascar for however long!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is back in the day I watched pretty much every race and the points system wasn't the highlight of the race, the racing itself was. Sometimes the points was part of it, but if it wasn't - it wasn't a big deal. I have no problem with the winner of the season being known weeks before the final race.

It may seem crazy, but I like the races where some guy wins by a huge margin from time to time. If someone laps the entire field - that's kind of awesome to me. I don't want to see it every week, but I don't need manufactured cautions either.

I like fuel mileage wins.

Someone wins every race - I don't need the points to be about winning. And back in the day, I liked that veteran guy knew that "points racing" was important. I never saw any driver not care about a win, and if they were playing it "safe", there was some other guy who wasn't. It was still an exciting race.

I like soft tires and boxy cars. Otherwise known as mechanical grip. It made the racing good. That entire aero package Dale Sr helped create was all about making the cars more boxy at the plate tracks.

Mechanical grip means the veterans know how to save their stuff, how that little bit saves tires for the longer runs. And the fool kid who goes full speed right out wears his shit out and....get's passed. You know, that thing they try to highlight every week, but at many tracks doesn't happen very often. Why doesn't it happen? Because it's all about harder tires that never wear out and aero grip. It makes the racing suck.

Oh you are mad at Goodyear because your tire blew out? Suck it up and learn how to drive better. You wanted that much camber in your setup, deal with it.

And here's the kicker - this isn't rocket science and it's not hard to figure out. But Nascar doesn't want to really "fix" it, they want control. And as long as Nascar is more worried about control for the sponsors than it is the racing, they will just keep coming out with gimmicks.

PS: Bring back Rockingham you fucking idiots. A unique track that had excellent racing.

:rant:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First if you think I am refering to the "Captain" as being brian france, there is no way in hell I mean that idiot france!!

Secondly, this is what he was talking about.... Every year there is more changes to the point system, or changes to the chase format you lose that many more fans to his ignorance. His line of thinking is with every new change to give more drivers a chance, the more fans he is going to pull in. When in fact the more changes he makes, the harder it is for us as fans to follow and the less interested we become. That being said, france is hoping to draw new fans to the sport, and failing miserably, while taking away from the fans who have been with Nascar for however long!!!

Please, no way I thought that. Everyone knows who the Captain is.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, no way I thought that. Everyone knows who the Captain is.

My bad then, The wording you used made me think the wrong thing then!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad then, The wording you used made me think the wrong thing then!!!

No worries. Did he mention anything about the RTA aka "the union that's not called a union"? At some point, they have to push back against NASCAR.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I'm sure you already know france doesn't hold much stock or care to listen to what the RTA has to say. The "Captain" did say they are trying to work together (RTA) to get the push they need to persuade france and Nascar into making changes they all agree on and not just france and his goofs sitting down and just changing things that they 'think' will work. For example this years chase elimiation garbage. "Cap" says although both of his drivers are in, he will still feel back lash from it because he and others feel with 3 of Nascar's more popular drivers now out of the chase, how bad is that going to hurt revenue for the remaining races???

The "Captain" had said one of the biggest changes they want to press Nascar into is the TV revenue share and the schedule. He said the track owners make out like bandits but it is the car owners who take the biggest risks with each and every race. France's answer to that was that they need to allocate their resources better and then he subsequently took away any practice sestions on tracks for the next year.
Scheduling example, at the begining of the season for the first part of the season they go back and forth across the country and its costing teams in the high millions to do this. The RTA wants swings to the west, like 3 to 4 races on the west coast tracks so they can cut cost pretty much in half, Nascar and france agree but they are doing little about it!!

But yea, "Cap" says the RTA is working to improve things, they just need that one thing to force their hand over france and his goofs. The free run they have had over the whole operation is really begining to hurt the sport in every aspect.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I'm sure you already know france doesn't hold much stock or care to listen to what the RTA has to say. The "Captain" did say they are trying to work together (RTA) to get the push they need to persuade france and Nascar into making changes they all agree on and not just france and his goofs sitting down and just changing things that they 'think' will work. For example this years chase elimiation garbage. "Cap" says although both of his drivers are in, he will still feel back lash from it because he and others feel with 3 of Nascar's more popular drivers now out of the chase, how bad is that going to hurt revenue for the remaining races???

The "Captain" had said one of the biggest changes they want to press Nascar into is the TV revenue share and the schedule. He said the track owners make out like bandits but it is the car owners who take the biggest risks with each and every race. France's answer to that was that they need to allocate their resources better and then he subsequently took away any practice sestions on tracks for the next year.
Scheduling example, at the begining of the season for the first part of the season they go back and forth across the country and its costing teams in the high millions to do this. The RTA wants swings to the west, like 3 to 4 races on the west coast tracks so they can cut cost pretty much in half, Nascar and france agree but they are doing little about it!!

But yea, "Cap" says the RTA is working to improve things, they just need that one thing to force their hand over france and his goofs. The free run they have had over the whole operation is really begining to hurt the sport in every aspect.
you know it is a matter of time now that they formed a union, that they will get some leverage on some of these idiotic moves Nascar/Brian has been making. The capt. & others are some smart mofo's

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know it is a matter of time now that they formed a union, that they will get some leverage on some of these idiotic moves Nascar/Brian has been making. The capt. & others are some smart mofo's

That's pretty much what the RTA is, is a union but they don't want to be refered to as such.

I have met and spoke with the "Captain" on a few occations now, and have met Richard Childress and I have never met two more incredible human beings in my life. If the other owners are even half what those two gentleman france and Nascar best be prepared!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That qualifying at Talladega was so bizarre and frustrating, I wonder what shit France was smokin' to come of with that insanity.