• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a credible source where absolutely categorically we got the best offer.

We didn't take the best offer, but nobody knows what that offer is yet. I'm guessing it will find it's way out in time and we can revisit.

I would be shocked if somebody offered us a 2nd though. A 3rd MIGHT have been a possibility? In either of those cases, Ryan Poles would be extremely generous and I can see your point. If it's a 4th or later? It's not worth worrying about. Dude threw the kid a bone.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a credible source where absolutely categorically we got the best offer.

It didnt happen.......
We didn't take the best offer, but nobody knows what that offer is yet. I'm guessing it will find it's way out in time and we can revisit.

I would be shocked if somebody offered us a 2nd though. A 3rd MIGHT have been a possibility? In either of those cases, Ryan Poles would be extremely generous and I can see your point. If it's a 4th or later? It's not worth worrying about. Dude threw the kid a bone.

Nah,there was no other offers.......think about the ramifications if Poles catered to a less than stellar player over worrying about job 1,the Bears.......
If there was better offers,why did Poles not take it......??

Its a business and every player in the NFL knows this.......

Fuck Fields,he did nothing here to deserve being catered to other being a great teammate.......
Theres plenty of great teammates,maybe Poles should start trading them off for absolutley nothing for now on.....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didnt happen.......

Nah,there was no other offers.......think about the ramifications if Poles catered to a less than stellar player over worrying about job 1,the Bears.......

Fuck Fields,he did nothing here to deserve being catered to other being a great teammate.......
Theres plenty of great teammates,maybe Poles should start trading them off for absolutley nothing for now on.....

Courtney Cronin, Bears ESPN beat reporter, reported that we did have a stronger offer-but no details as to what that was. They've been going on and on about it on the morning radio show in Chicago. I mean, if your position is she's making it up, ok...but the report is what it is.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah,there was no other offers.

I love the absolute statements like this from a guy who spends most days with his head up his ass.

You have no idea what happens behind closed doors in an NFL GM's office. There could have been 4 offers. There could have been 8.

Blindly stating that you know absolutely there wasn't another off is beyond fucking silly.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should take the guy who's in charge of making the city of Chicago sweat and let him make the nfl deals also.

He is obviously an extremely talented negotiator.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How in the world do you know this? Multiple reports saying otherwise. I trust those sources more so than I trust you.

Looking at all the smoke, common sense tells me, there were other teams involved which means there must have been better offers but Poles just happen to trade with the Steelers (again) who robbed Poles before just so Fields can play with his hero Russell Wilson.

It's almost like Poles himself is sending out news reports saying "look what a great guy i am, i did JF a solid, everyone come play for me"

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world do you know this? Multiple reports saying otherwise. I trust those sources more so than I trust you.

Looking at all the smoke, common sense tells me, there were other teams involved which means there must have been better offers but Poles just happen to trade with the Steelers (again) who robbed Poles before just so Fields can play with his hero Russell Wilson.

It's almost like Poles himself is sending out news reports saying "look what a great guy i am, i did JF a solid, everyone come play for me"

Courtney Cronin, Bears ESPN beat reporter, reported that we did have a stronger offer-but no details as to what that was. They've been going on and on about it on the morning radio show in Chicago. I mean, if your position is she's making it up, ok...but the report is what it is.

I love the absolute statements like this from a guy who spends most days with his head up his ass.

You have no idea what happens behind closed doors in an NFL GM's office. There could have been 4 offers. There could have been 8.

Blindly stating that you know absolutely there wasn't another off is beyond fucking silly.

I do believe its made up......if there was offers,then the offers were close to if not worse than what Pitt offered.
Thats the only thing that makes sense.....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles does tend to buy high and sell low. (But still not as dramastically as Ryan Pace.) The market is very stingy when it comes to picks. Of the QB deals:
  • Mac Jones traded for a 6th.
  • Pickett traded for two 7ths in 2025 (and swapped a 3rd for a 4th).
  • Howell traded basically to move up a round (swapped a 3rd for a 4th, and a 5th for a 6th).
Keep in mind they all have better passing stats than Fields.

Other than non-QB Keenan Allen and CB Carlton Davis, no player this off season was traded for higher than a 5th. And even in the Carlton Davis deal, Tampa gave up two 6ths along with Davis to get the 3rd.

Safe to say we all wanted more for Fields. Sadly the market was not there for Fields to garner a better draft pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Mac Jones traded for a 6th.
  • Pickett traded for two 7ths in 2025 (and swapped a 3rd for a 4th).
  • Howell traded basically to move up a round (swapped a 3rd for a 4th, and a 5th for a 6th).
Keep in mind they all have better passing stats than Fields.

Other than non-QB Keenan Allen and CB Carlton Davis, no player this off season was traded for higher than a 5th. And even in the Carlton Davis deal, Tampa gave up two 6ths along with Davis to get the 3rd.

Safe to say we all wanted more for Fields. Sadly the market was not there for Fields to garner a better draft pick.

☝️This is absolutley correct.......☝️

We were this close > < to making the playoffs last season......We are making very nice strides to getting there this season and now we are turning down better offers because JF is a nice guy and should be traded for less than what other teams offered.....wow,talk about dumb thinking.

Its conflict of interest of whats best for the team......JOB NO.1 is to do best for the Bears.......even the NFL shows I have turned on every morning says it would be a dereliction of the Bears interest to take less.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe its made up......if there was offers,then the offers were close to if not worse than what Pitt offered.
Thats the only thing that makes sense.....

Believe whatever you want.

It’s entirely possible that Poles took a list from Justin’s agent of places Fields preferred to go and worked with that.

Rumor was Fields wanted to go home to Atlanta. The second they signed Cousins that went off the table. It’s not inconceivable that Pittsburgh was his number 2 or number 3 choice.

Poles said he wanted to do right by Fields. It’s entirely possible he stuck to that.

But random guy on message board has his own reality.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe whatever you want.

It’s entirely possible that Poles took a list from Justin’s agent of places Fields preferred to go and worked with that.

Rumor was Fields wanted to go home to Atlanta. The second they signed Cousins that went off the table. It’s not inconceivable that Pittsburgh was his number 2 or number 3 choice.

Poles said he wanted to do right by Fields. It’s entirely possible he stuck to that.

But random guy on message board has his own reality.
It is very possible,anything is possible......

Rumors are not offers......

But yet message board guy believes all stories that are written......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's about taking the totality of what's out there and coming up a good hypothesis what reality is. Despite everything out there, you choose to stay on your own island believing in whispers in your head just to fit your own narrative.

Poles has a history already of making bad trades involving picks, common sense tells me what's out there already better fits that history.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about taking the totality of what's out there and coming up a good hypothesis what reality is. Despite everything out there, you choose to stay on your own island believing in whispers in your head just to fit your own narrative.

Poles has a history already of making bad trades involving picks, common sense tells me what's out there already better fits that history.
I know exactly what youre saying here,Claypool trade was awful,and Im not in for the 5th for Bates(I hate that trade),so yes theres been a few bad onrs.

But this is one where I firmly do not believe that another team offered more than Pittsburgh,and we took the lesser
I firmly believe Poles did take the best offer,cause it was the only one.

Minnesota took Darnold....
Raiders took Minshew.
Mac Jones gies to the Jags.
Denver is without a qb.

No one wants a Bears castoff.......thats why Poles took what he could get.
Poles most likley wanted more,but the best Pitt could do was up the offer to a 4th next season if he gets enough snaps.....
That should tell you Pitt is not sure if JF can out wrestle Wilson for that job.....

I myself,believe that he can........But thats for another story.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota took Darnold....
Raiders took Minshew.
Mac Jones gies to the Jags.
Denver is without a qb.
Add Pickett, Howell,...

i take the upside of Fields moreso than any of the QBs mentioned here or before. Quite frankly, it's not even close. Comparing what those other QBs fetched to JF is erroneouse

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Pickett, Howell,...

i take the upside of Fields moreso than any of the QBs mentioned here or before. Quite frankly, it's not even close. Comparing what those other QBs fetched to JF is erroneouse
Hey,thetes something I agree with.......

When those qbs fetch jobs before JF,it shows you where he stands.......and what Pttsburgh thought of him as well.

Crazy isnt it......

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didnt happen.......

There were no other offers besides the Eagles 7th round pick offer.

The media has been covering and lying for Fields since he came into the league.

It's a shame they can't call it straight.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no other offers besides the Eagles 7th round pick offer.

The media has been covering and lying for Fields since he came into the league.

It's a shame they can't call it straight.
Please explain how you know this? Whispers in your head?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. 6th is ridiculous. Last year we could have gotten a late 1. 2 is fair.

It’s easy to be bold about Fields after the fact.
Lol. I've been shitting on Fields since he started playing. He's awful, and I have stated as much time and time again.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I've been shitting on Fields since he started playing. He's awful, and I have stated as much time and time again.
Fair. I am very aware of your hatred for Fields from the start vs grey pubes's love affair with Fields from the start. lol it's shocking how often that old guy gets it wrong. WTF is he even doing on this board. Back in the 40s when football was simpler, he probably got it. Now it's just completely over his old ass head.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t recall saying I believed anything. I’m saying I don’t know for sure.

You on the other hand have absolutely said none of it is true.

See the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.