• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where all the shock comes from. News flash, Fields is moldy dogshit. His athleticism masks a lot, but let's be real, he's a pretty shitty QB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think they should've got for him?
At the very, very least it should have been one of THIS YEAR's picks - even if that had turned out to be a 6th. There's the ultimate insult, it's not even a pick for this coming draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More details on Fields trade to Pitt:

Important note on the Justin Fields trade: At least four additional teams inquired about trading for Fields, but Fields’ representation asked for him not to be traded there. He wanted the #Steelers, and the #Bears did right by him.

Someone tell fucking Poles this is a business. If there were atleast 4 other teams certainly he could have gotten better than a 6th round pick. This is insanity.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Important note on the Justin Fields trade: At least four additional teams inquired about trading for Fields, but Fields’ representation asked for him not to be traded there. He wanted the #Steelers, and the #Bears did right by him.

Someone tell fucking Poles this is a business. If there were atleast 4 other teams certainly he could have gotten better than a 6th round pick. This is insanity.
Until it comes out who the teams are,its fake.....

But say he could of gotten more and didn't because of sentimental feelings,he should be fired on the spot......
His job is to dk what us best for the team,not because of his feelings for someone.....I too am kinda saddened to see Justin go,but thats the way business is conducted.....
Now if Justin was a 10 year vet had a resume to brag about for our team,I could see him sending him wherever he wanted to go.....but what has he done to earn that......??

And I also read that the Steelers are gonna be extending Russells contract......If so,Justin is probably screwed and gonna be another Trubisky hopping from team to team benches.....kinda sad.

**edited for spelling**

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very, very least it should have been one of THIS YEAR's picks - even if that had turned out to be a 6th. There's the ultimate insult, it's not even a pick for this coming draft.
A 6th may as well be a release anyway...at least it has a chance to be a 4th.

Dude's not a good QB. He was never gonna fetch anything of great value.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers brass probably was willing to go only a 6th this year,but Poles wanted more,so I think Pitt said the best we can do is if Justin gets 51% percent of snaps next season, we can make it a 4th.....jmo

Plus if there were 4 teams making offers,who were they and what were their offers.......seems like the writer knew of those trades,how did they not know of who and what?

Makes me believe that story was clickbait......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until it comes out who the teams are,its fake.....

But say he could of gotten more and didn't because of sentimental feelings,he should be fired on the spot......
His job is to dk what us best for the team,not because of his feelings for someone.....I too am kinda saddened to see Justin go,but thats the way business is conducted.....
Now if Justin was a 10 year vet had a resume to brag about for our team,I could see him sending him wherever he wanted to go.....but what has he done to earn that......??

And I also read that the Steelers are gonna be extending Russells contract......If so,Justin is probably screwed and gonna be another Trubisky hopping from team to team benches.....kinda sad.

**edited for spelling**

Steelers brass probably was willing to go only a 6th this year,but Poles wanted more,so I think Pitt said the best we can do is if Justin gets 51% percent of snaps next season, we can make it a 4th.....jmo

Plus if there were 4 teams making offers,who were they and what were their offers.......seems like the writer knew of those trades,how did they not know of who and what?

Makes me believe that story was clickbait......

And to add to this if Poles wanted to do Justin right,why would Justin wanna go to a team to be the backuo when thete are a few teams out of the top 10 that would have given up a lot less than what they will actually be giving to move up to get
Who they want......makes no sense.
And Justin would rather be a backup than a starter.....??....not buying it.

Story that was written is wanted clicks.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is "doing right" by Justin when you feel like you are doing him an injustice. My guess is, upper management approved this action. Because you are not wrong in saying it is a business, you do what is best for the business, unless as an owner, you make concessions understanding the consequences. Owners get that privilege.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Parkins live on FNIC was asked about other teams offering up more for Fields than what Pitt offered.....I believe,I forgot who it was that wrote the story,but the NFL insiders ran with it......dumb.

Parkins reponse" no I dont bellieve they passed up significant compensation because that is dereliction of duty by Poles" maybe if it was a 5th round pick I could see.....as I also believe and said.

When Minshew and Darnold become starters and Justin was left out,there is something wrong......

I believe tho,Justin was just not in anyoones eyes myself......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance. Just cuz we fucked up the Claypool deal, doesn't mean other teams will do the same.

A 4th rounder is the absolute ceiling, imo.
Easy to say no chance NOW.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been easy to say he sucks all along. He is not a good QB. Never has been.

It was never realistic to think he'd fetch a high dollar.
Disagree. 6th is ridiculous. Last year we could have gotten a late 1. 2 is fair.

It’s easy to be bold about Fields after the fact.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting when the real story comes out a year or two down the line how this all went down. I don't think we're getting anywhere near 100% of the story.

Of course Genius is b*tching though...as if that will change anything. It's done troll. Let it go.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. 6th is ridiculous. Last year we could have gotten a late 1. 2 is fair.

It’s easy to be bold about Fields after the fact.

First of all,that was a whole season ago,and no way in hell was Justin worth a no.1 last season,maaaaaybe a no.2,,but not a chance in hell a no.1.....
Don't even know who the last player we had that was worth a no.1.......

DJ Moore could possibly get us a 1,if we was to trade him to the Chiefs or one of the bottom 1sts,but Im pretty sure he would not net us a 1..........Did not Roquan teach you anything.......??

JF fetched us the best we could get........and there was no ploy by Poles trading him off for a 6th when he could have gotten more......

His days would be numbered here and no other team would take him as gm because of it....

Its absurd to think......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF fetched us the best we could get........and there was no ploy by Poles trading him off for a 6th when he could have gotten more......
How do you know this exactly? You have no clue. People in the industry says 4 teams some of which had better offers. I certainly trust their sources more than you.

Beginning of this thread ppl talking about a top 4 pick for JF. Now that we only got a 6th people on here acting like they know his value. Please.

A lot of history in here of idiot fans not knowing values of players. Me not included. So calm down there sporty.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know this exactly? You have no clue. People in the industry says 4 teams some of which had better offers. I certainly trust their sources more than you.

Beginning of this thread ppl talking about a top 4 pick for JF. Now that we only got a 6th people on here acting like they know his value. Please.

A lot of history in here of idiot fans not knowing values of players. Me not included. So calm down there sporty.
Show me a credible source where Poles was offered a 2nd round pick? Until then, you're just spouting theory/conjecture.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a credible source where Poles was offered a 2nd round pick? Until then, you're just spouting theory/conjecture.

Show me a credible source where absolutely categorically we got the best offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.