• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is the reason why our guard and center sucks balls.

Only Bears fans...
Jesus fuck, give it up. He is terrible. You are watching a different game. Our line is not world-beaters by any means, but goddamn dude, there is VISIBLY other issues. Maybe you can argue it's cumulative , and that he's chasing ghosts because of inconsistent line play, but there is mountains of evidence that when it's there, he's missing it. Dude is habitually late, line or no line.

It is actually weird you are still so defensive of him? Like the weirdo Ohio State fans that are still rubbin' their cocks against their own legs.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fuck, give it up. He is terrible. You are watching a different game. Our line is not world-beaters by any means, but goddamn dude, there is VISIBLY other issues. Maybe you can argue it's cumulative , and that he's chasing ghosts because of inconsistent line play, but there is mountains of evidence that when it's there, he's missing it. Dude is habitually late, line or no line.

It is actually weird you are still so defensive of him? Like the weirdo Ohio State fans that are still rubbin' their cocks against their own legs.

He was shit today. He’s been shit through 3 games.

He isn’t the reason the center and guard suck.

Maybe you should learn how to read and you wouldn’t get so upset.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was shit today. He’s been shit through 3 games.

He isn’t the reason the center and guard suck.

Maybe you should learn how to read and you wouldn’t get so upset.
Fields is the reason why our guard and center sucks balls.

You are, once again, defending Fields' godawful play, while simultaneously calling everyone else stupid.

"hERr DErr, bUt doN'T geT uPSet, heRrR dErrr"

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are, once again, defending Fields' godawful play, while simultaneously calling everyone else stupid.

"hERr DErr, bUt doN'T geT uPSet, heRrR dErrr"

Please point out where I defended his play.

I’ll wait.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Fields the reason why Whitehair and Patrick suck?

Does saying he isn’t mean I’m saying he’s good?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.5 packs of Kool cigarettes and a half-eaten bag of grape Big League Chew. No low balls, I know what I got.

Jets offer Zach Wilson straight up, you in?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets offer Zach Wilson straight up, you in?
No. Not really. I'd prolly run Fields til' he died, if I were coach, so that there was no controversy moving on to Bagent. lulz

I'm team Bagent, until proven otherwise.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore grey pubes. The old fart has absolutely no idea what he is watching. He’s a forever Fields apologist.

He also thought we were a backup TE away from winning and the D would be top 5 in sacks. Shocking the level of ignorance this guy has.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the lack of mental capacity confirmed during draft camps?? Guess Bears thought he would fit in nicely.
no, they actually pushed the fact how classroom smart he was. I am not even sure he understands that the reason to put his receivers in motion if to identify the defense. As soon as the defense moves for the motion, there are 40 other quarterbacks who already know where the ball needs to go. I say 40 because there are probably more backups that can do that.

Way to leave him in the game down 41-0 so he can get concussed
Its the same way we need to get Eddie Jackson off the field.

I have a real NFL question though, how soon before the NFL can change the televised schedule? Do we have to wait til week 12 before they can change the national televised schedule? I am sure Fox loved all the Taylor Swift shots, but between watching the bears and only having a choice of Jets because of aaron rodgers is going to make this fall cringe tv.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many things wrong with this Team, don't believe trading Fields for Mahomes would do anything.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To work back into the premise of this thread, I'm going to say that trading Fields wouldn't have ended up any better-arguably worse-in retrospect.

I know...The reaction you're having to that statement is "What? Fields has been absolute sh*t. His trade value will NEVER match what it was at the beginning of this offseason."

I get that. But I'm fully off the Eberflus/Getsy train now. And we did (Thank God) get an O-lineman (Darnell Wright) and an extra 2024 first rounder out of Carolina out of trading the first pick instead. Whatever QB we would have taken with the #1 overall this past draft would have had a complete disaster around him, as is proven. So there would be actually no growth in 2023 for whoever it was, and then he'd be with his second coach in two years just like Mitch and Justin before him. We need to reset that wheel from top down.

The best option (hope) is that we move on from Fields with a whole new coaching staff and QB this offseason. It's really the only way from a practical standpoint. But not just that standpoint, also from a marketing standpoint if you want to think of it from a GM/Ownership perspective. Nobody in our fanbase is going to believe in this team if we trot back out with either Fields OR Eberflus & Co at this point (much less both). They've all earned their impending pink slip.

And it's SO BAD that IMO Poles has earned his pink slip as well.

I don't like giving Genius too much (read: any) credit, but he's been dead on when he says we need to just start drafting/signing more linemen. It's f*cking mind-blowing how bad we are in the trenches. Our interior o-line is horrible outside of Jenkins, who is always hurt. Our LT was a big risk as well, and it appears he's going to be a bad decision and needs to be supplanted. Center was such a f*cking glaring hole that to not even TRY to draft one was so infuriating.

How is this even a thing when your GM is a former O-lineman? LOL.

Don't even get me started on the D-line. We'd be here for days talking about how pathetic our group is in comparison to even marginally good d-lines in the NFL. And that, too, was a glaring weakness all offseason long.

Yes, the ownership is FUBAR, but that's not changing. And Warren just came on so that position is not changing. So we need to clean house from GM all the way down...from the highest possible point within reason/reality...and that is Poles.

Just a full revamp and hope that group can perform above and beyond what they are limited from by the McCaskeys. That's it. That's our hope.

I guess cross your fingers.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to deal with. I was always fine with the bears having a nobody at QB as long as the defense was dominant. Ever since the cutler crap when the entire identity of this team went to the offensive side of the football have we been in trouble.
I am worried that we start to see some glimmer of hope when we are 2-12 to think something has finally been figured out. I would be OK if Everfluke was fired and a new coaching staff took over and we saw a better team, but even that means they executed the fifth year option of Fields and most likely pay him 40 million.

We are going into the first definite picked win for the bears against the Broncos, who just gave up 70, in Chicago, and the broncos are favored to win. This is firing week for the fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.