• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best worst-case scenario for this season...

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is to finish the season with a similar standing to where we are now (9th - 10th) in the East. We give up our mid-first rounder to OKC and the pick will no longer haunt us in future seasons.

whatever happens, happens. im happy no matter what. the pick is nicely protected both ways.

i think it'd be good for our team to make the first round of the playoffs and have their asses handed to them by Miami, just so they see how much harder they got to work to get to that level, i think it would be good for them.

and if one day we give up the 4th-6th pick and miss out on the second coming of jorge garbajosa, then we got something to bitch about for the next 10 years. win-win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
whatever happens, happens. im happy no matter what. the pick is nicely protected both ways.

i think it'd be good for our team to make the first round of the playoffs and have their asses handed to them by Miami, just so they see how much harder they got to work to get to that level, i think it would be good for them.

and if one day we give up the 4th-6th pick and miss out on the second coming of jorge garbajosa, then we got something to bitch about for the next 10 years. win-win.

It's not impossible...not even improbable, which is pretty amazing considering the pathetic performance we had in November. However, in order for that to happen, we would need to: a) consistently beat teams with decent records - think teams that are just over .500 and Milwaukee will be a good test for us; and b) have either Boston, Milwaukee or Brooklyn implode for a string of games, so we can get closer to challenging for that 8th spot.

And let's be honest, there will never be another coming of Jorge Garbajosa. He is irreplaceable.

Last edited by a moderator:

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think we'll end up 9th seed.....so we'll lose that pick......but whatever.....I dont see us making the playoff....Boston is the current 8th seed and is at 17-16.....the east records are good....milwaukee is screwing everything up.....

I think we should pull the trigger on calderon and davis for gay.....calderon's value has went up and so has davis's.....even though some of you think davis is going to be really good i doubt it...his shot is gross.....

and calderon is such a troublemaker.....he deceives you into thinking he's good......i think we would've beat all these crappy teams with lowry starting as well......not saying he played bad....but he's not the future....

even if we go 10-3 in our next 13 like our last 13 we'll still be at 22-25....still under 500...playoffs is a tough...dont see it happening...

people are worried about the lakers and they pretty much have the same record as us....if people are worried about them that puts the raptors situation into perspective..

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whatever they do they can't tank. Leagues riggs lottery now, stern picks balls in backroom which means raps will never get a top 3