• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Best Andrea Bargnani Comparison...

Derrick Martin Jr.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...is, I couldn't believe it when I saw it.... Michael Beasley!!!!

look at their stats for this season....

Andrea Bargnani Stats, News, Photos - Toronto Raptors - ESPN
Michael Beasley Stats, News, Photos - Minnesota Timberwolves - ESPN

They are almost identical. The only difference is Bargnani takes more threes, and Beasley shoots a better percentage taking his threes. Otherwise their statlines are identical.

The big difference here of course is that Beasley is 22, and locked up for 19mill over the next three seasons, while Bargnani is 25 and locked up for 50mill over the next five seasons.

Now of course these guys have different styles of games (I'm assuming, I haven't watched Beasley all that much). But if I ever get to ask Bryan Colangelo a question face to face it would be this: what is such a big difference between Michael Beasley and Andrea Bargnani, that one you would sign to a 5 year 50 million extension, while the other guy you wouldn't take in a trade FOR FREE for far less money. That is a gigantic difference in how you handle personnel for two guys that there really isn't that big of a difference between.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i went on record in the offseason saying that beasely would have a better year then the magician and i was close. They are similar thogh Beasely to me is much more capable of guarding/playing the three and could be a wing when all is said and done while bargnani is the big goofy loafing seven footer that can guard centers when he tries but cant rebound.

I'll tell ya mcbeastly would look pretty good as our SF right now but there was no way colangelo was going to let Beasely come in here and influence derozan and bargnani to smoke grass. Colangelo coming from a rich family and a gated community is completely out of touch and has no idea that bargnani is high half the time anyways and derozan is from the hood where baby's are allow to smoke grass(seen it on youtube)

bad move by colangelo not taking beasely, im sure he knows it but lucky for him he's either a really good drafter or really lucky because ed davis and rossanne will be the steals of their years

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's actually not that surprising to me. I haven't seen a lot of Beasley, but during games that I have watched of his, he was an instant scoring machine (barring slumps), and both him and Bargs have jumpshots that are so money, even the cashman would allow them to trade it for gold. On the other hand, they were both bad rebounders and were mediocre on defense at best. Had we gotten Beasley, we really would've become Phoenix Suns Jr. I could understand why Colon jello went in another direction, but Beasley would've been pretty cool to watch during those games all our guys were out and our offense went to shits