• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 24 Minute NBA Draft II QF3 : Milk vs UK

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MILK

FIRST HALF
PG - Russell Westbrook - Thunder
SF - Paul Pierce - Celtics
SF - Grant Hill - Pistons
PF - Charles Barkley - 76ers
C - Dwight Howard - Magic

SECOND HALF
PG - Kevin Johnson - Suns
PG/SG - James Harden - Rockets
SF - Scottie Pippen - Bulls
PF - Karl Malone - Jazz
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Lakers

VS

UK

FIRST HALF
PG/SG - Sid "The Squid" Moncrief - Bucks
SG - "Pistol" Pete Maravich - Jazz
SF - George "Iceman" Gervin - Spurs
PF - Kevin McHale - Celtics
C - Nate "The Great" Thurmond - Warriors

SECOND HALF
PG - Steve Nash - Suns
SG - Clyde Drexler - Blazers
SF - Kevin Durant - Thunder
PF - Pau Gasol - Memphis
C - Shaquille O'Neal - Lakers

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MILK - 2
UK - 5

VOTED - Femur, Mookie, Milk, Sushi, UK, Meebs, 500

Race to 5

Last edited:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk because he is damn hansom and His team is damn good...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go UK. His roster and lineups are more cohesive and better fits.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go UK. His roster and lineups are more cohesive and better fits.

hey sushi... can you elaborate?? I want to learn for NEXT(YUCK) basketball draft... how I can improve... I honestly thought I had the better team... But you all know, I don't know basketball well...

I honestly think that Harden gets a lot of disrespect around here...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST HALF

SECOND HALF
PF - Karl Malone - Jazz

VS

I think if you draft Harden you want specific players around him...I take fit into the equation a lot more with current players bc some guys like RW or Harden need the ball in their hands. KJ is a traditional PG as far as I know, not a great shooter. Pip wasn't a great shooter. The better lineup is to put shooters around Harden...overall Milk doesn't have too many shooters.

Also, Pierce at SG? He was an underrated defender but in this specific matchup he is guarding Pistol Pete...only for one half but I don't like Pierce at SG regardless. Overall, the 1-3 positions UK just has guys that are natural fits imo

Moncrief can guard the 1 or 2. Pistol Pete or Gervin can handle the ball. Nash can play off ball and great shooters, KD or Nash can handle the ball. Fastbreak offenses I would lean UK as well.

The matchup is still close though

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST HALF

SECOND HALF
PF - Karl Malone - Jazz

VS

I think if you draft Harden you want specific players around him...I take fit into the equation a lot more with current players bc some guys like RW or Harden need the ball in their hands. KJ is a traditional PG as far as I know, not a great shooter. Pip wasn't a great shooter. The better lineup is to put shooters around Harden...overall Milk doesn't have too many shooters.

Also, Pierce at SG? He was an underrated defender but in this specific matchup he is guarding Pistol Pete...only for one half but I don't like Pierce at SG regardless. Overall, the 1-3 positions UK just has guys that are natural fits imo

Moncrief can guard the 1 or 2. Pistol Pete or Gervin can handle the ball. Nash can play off ball and great shooters, KD or Nash can handle the ball. Fastbreak offenses I would lean UK as well.

The matchup is still close though

so I should have swapped Pierce with Pippen?? Pierce was a pretty decent three point shooter...

and I purposely picked Kevin Johnson because he averaged over 9 assists per game... didn't want him to be a shooter...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I should have swapped Pierce with Pippen?? Pierce was a pretty decent three point shooter...

and I purposely picked Kevin Johnson because he averaged over 9 assists per game... didn't want him to be a shooter...

I actually like Pippen in this lineup...the issue for me is KJ. If you have a good shooter at PG or a guy that can play off ball more I really don't mind this lineup at all. I don't think it is a bad lineup, I think there could have been options out there. I mean if you took a SG/shooter with that last pick I like this lineup a lot more. It could be worse though. For me you can work with a Harden lineup more than a RW problem...so I guess for me the issue is RW....in almost any lineup LOL

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Pippen in this lineup...the issue for me is KJ. If you have a good shooter at PG or a guy that can play off ball more I really don't mind this lineup at all. I don't think it is a bad lineup, I think there could have been options out there. I mean if you took a SG/shooter with that last pick I like this lineup a lot more. It could be worse though. For me you can work with a Harden lineup more than a RW problem...so I guess for me the issue is RW....in almost any lineup LOL

my thinking was that I didn't want someone who demanded the rock, I wanted someone who gave up the rock... But I guess I was wrong with that thought...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey sushi... can you elaborate?? I want to learn for NEXT(YUCK) basketball draft... how I can improve... I honestly thought I had the better team... But you all know, I don't know basketball well...

I honestly think that Harden gets a lot of disrespect around here...

I actually really liked your second half. KJ's not the ideal fit, but not a terrible one either. But I liked the Harden/Malone P&R combo with KAJ there.

The problem for me is that I didn't find your first half very complimentary. Hill was a great pick for your SF with that lineup though. What I think hurt mostly is having Russ, Pierce and Barkley all on the same squad. Those guys are methodical players who really need the ball in their hands to be most effective. Then you have Howard who provides almost no upside on offense without put backs and it makes your lineup a bit inconsistent. A guy like Bill Walton would have made your team much more efficient than Dwight Howard. Pierce at the SG would be at a disadvantage, particularly defensively.

At least with UK's team, they have designated roles. He has two combo guard-ish type players who can play off of each other. Gervin's the gunner and scorer. McHale and Thurmond are a great defensive backline.

Additionally UK's second half squad could keep up with yours. He has the most dominant center ever, paired with three elite floor spacers for their positions.