• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

that was a good super bowl

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until the refs got involved in the end. calling holding on defense, when there was no holding.

just to give the chiefs a first down...

can they win anything without help? lol.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't Mike Hilton nominated for MVP of the Super Bowl? The dude made one quip about "BurrowHead" and the Chiefs started playing better football than they played the entire season. I mean, shit, Travis Kelcey was trying to say that they were the team nobody believed in even though they were a 1 seed with the MVP at QB. Mahomes (real) dad is still talking about Joe Burrow. I never knew they were so damn sensitive.... But I give them credit because they play better when they're mad.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like I stand corrected. the player that committed the foul admitted he was holding the jersey and hoping he would just get away with it.

would still be nice if fouls didn't decide the last 2 games the Chiefs played.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like I stand corrected. the player that committed the foul admitted he was holding the jersey and hoping he would just get away with it.

would still be nice if fouls didn't decide the last 2 games the Chiefs played.
Fouls didn't.

Eagles defense allowing a 24 pt run by KC did. Eagles defense forcing exactly zero punts in the 2nd half did. Eagles defense collecting zero sacks did. Eagles offense not sustaining drives did. Eagles making a key mistake at a critical time did.

The flag didn't decide anything. The player screwed up and committed the foul. It is the job of the ref to call a foul. He did his job 100% correctly. The argument of "let the players decide" is so full of crap it is probably my #1 sports pet peeve.

If the player "decides" to commit a foul - and the referee calls the foul...he is not deciding the game...he's doing his job as described. Now, on the other hand - if the referee doesn't call the foul that he sees - he is blatantly ignoring his job, and thus THEN he's actually deciding the game...so the argument that people use is actually 100% wrong!

So, no - I don't think the flag decided the game. KC came out in the 2nd half and whipped what was supposed to be a very good Eagles defense up and down the field. Hell - Mahomes missed, I think, ONE PASS in the 2nd half....One. It was a throwaway. Meaning, when targeting actual receivers - Mahomes was 100% passing completion.....but, yeah - let's blame the flag.

All the same is still true for the Bengals game....Bengals could have won that game, but shot themselves in the foot. You don't have to like KC, and think things broke fortuitously for them, and that's fine - but those games weren't given to them as much as the other teams who had chances to win those games simply wilted and couldn't make the play(s) needed to stop them.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fouls didn't.

Eagles defense allowing a 24 pt run by KC did. Eagles defense forcing exactly zero punts in the 2nd half did. Eagles defense collecting zero sacks did. Eagles offense not sustaining drives did. Eagles making a key mistake at a critical time did.

The flag didn't decide anything. The player screwed up and committed the foul. It is the job of the ref to call a foul. He did his job 100% correctly. The argument of "let the players decide" is so full of crap it is probably my #1 sports pet peeve.

If the player "decides" to commit a foul - and the referee calls the foul...he is not deciding the game...he's doing his job as described. Now, on the other hand - if the referee doesn't call the foul that he sees - he is blatantly ignoring his job, and thus THEN he's actually deciding the game...so the argument that people use is actually 100% wrong!

So, no - I don't think the flag decided the game. KC came out in the 2nd half and whipped what was supposed to be a very good Eagles defense up and down the field. Hell - Mahomes missed, I think, ONE PASS in the 2nd half....One. It was a throwaway. Meaning, when targeting actual receivers - Mahomes was 100% passing completion.....but, yeah - let's blame the flag.

All the same is still true for the Bengals game....Bengals could have won that game, but shot themselves in the foot. You don't have to like KC, and think things broke fortuitously for them, and that's fine - but those games weren't given to them as much as the other teams who had chances to win those games simply wilted and couldn't make the play(s) needed to stop them.
I definitely agree about last night's game. KC abused Philly on defense all of the second half. Even if they only get 3 there, Philly still has to tie or win in regulation.... Or they have to beat Mahomes in an overtime game that he is guaranteed a possession. Philly had a huge advantage due to milking a lot of clock and taking a 10 point lead into half. But their D was not effective at all in the second half and KC looked like the better team.

With the Bengals game, I definitely agree that the Bengals had their chances to win. Burrow had the ball twice in the 4th quarter with a tie game and a chance to either win the game or put his team in good position to win the game. The only thing that sucked about that game is that Mahomes also had his team in similar position and he couldn't do it against us either. Both were 0 for their last 2 before Mahomes got the ball with just a little time left before the quarter ended. And KC does not win that game in regulation if Ossai doesn't make a bad play. Who knows what would have happened in overtime? But, I hate the narrative that will emerge, which is that Mahomes was able to get it done in that spot while Burrow was not. To me, both were getting beat by the D.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just mean, it's less entertaining when a team wins just because someone f'd up.

I mean, mistakes are part of the game, but it's the super bowl. both teams should be playing a good game, not holding players hoping to get away with it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just mean, it's less entertaining when a team wins just because someone f'd up.

I mean, mistakes are part of the game, but it's the super bowl. both teams should be playing a good game, not holding players hoping to get away with it.
I get it - the timing of the mistake stinks - but there are mistakes throughout the game - any game at that.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea.

just anti-climactic. Kinda like when Tyson bit off Hollyfield's ear. that should have been a classic fight, and I guess it was, but for all the wrong reasons.