• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That is... the absolute... most brutal...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Fucking loss.

My... god. I cannot possibly begin to swallow that.

What a complete joke of a game. I'll be the first one to tell you I'm happy with a lot of the things this team has done this year, but my god... have they just handed away three games on a silver god damned platter. That was utter nonsense. An absolute joke.

What the hell is wrong with Robbie Gould. That is a god damned chip shot. No wind, spring time weather. 35 yards in a building you've kicked on for 10 years.

My god... I'm at a loss for words.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Fucking loss.

My... god. I cannot possibly begin to swallow that.

What a complete joke of a game. I'll be the first one to tell you I'm happy with a lot of the things this team has done this year, but my god... have they just handed away three games on a silver god damned platter. That was utter nonsense. An absolute joke.

What the hell is wrong with Robbie Gould. That is a god damned chip shot. No wind, spring time weather. 35 yards in a building you've kicked on for 10 years.

My god... I'm at a loss for words.

I don't understand wtf I just watched?? How??.....what?....just unreal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand wtf I just watched?? How??.....what?....just unreal.

Exactly. I am sitting here stunned. I have no words. I cannot believe they lost that game. My god. Sickening.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I am sitting here stunned. I have no words. I cannot believe they lost that game. My god. Sickening.

I sat like that for most of the game. Like, wtf am watching? Why is it still 13 to fucking 13??

I mention in the game thread, that some dirtbag stole our Christmas lights last/this morning....(it was one of thse laser deals that project the shit onto yer house.)

I've felt like kicking the dog since about 10 this morning.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Robbie deserves no gold...but...

it is the offense that sucked when it mattered, Terrible.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no excuse to not throw to the end zone at least once when SF thinks you are content to attempt the field goal, even when you are content to try a field goal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no excuse to not throw to the end zone at least once when SF thinks you are content to attempt the field goal, even when you are content to try a field goal.

Throw to the end zone? Why? Risk an INT, or a sack when you can run it down and kick a chip shot game winner? That's silly.

At the end of the day, Robbie Gould needs to make a 35 yard field goal, and if you don't trust your kicker to do that. You don't have an NFL kicker. Bears did the right thing, they just didn't execute.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie deserves no gold...but...

it is the offense that sucked when it mattered, Terrible.

Actually the offense went right down the field when it really mattered, to give the Bears the 7 point lead late in the 4th quarter. Then the defense blew it, and then the kicker blew it. The offense had a poor game overall, but it came through when it mattered late in the 4th quarter. Too bad the defense didn't come through to hold the lead, and then too bad the kicker didn't come through after special teams set up what should have been an easy game ending FG. Just a terrible way to lose a game and fall out of the wildcard race!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this needs to be Goulds last year. If I am not mistaken, he cost us another game earlier in the year. He used to be great, but maybe it's about time we started finding another kicker.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game never should've even been a contest. With the way the D and Special Teams started that game...The Offense HAS to capitalize on all those great starting field positions.

Ridiculous that with all the talent on the field, and SF players dropping like flies every two minutes....we couldn't score dick.

First time, Bennett, Forte and Jeffrey have been on the field together all year and it was arguably our ugliest performance.

Damn shame.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game never should've even been a contest. With the way the D and Special Teams started that game...The Offense HAS to capitalize on all those great starting field positions.

Ridiculous that with all the talent on the field, and SF players dropping like flies every two minutes....we couldn't score dick.

First time, Bennett, Forte and Jeffrey have been on the field together all year and it was arguably our ugliest performance.

Damn shame.

Yeah, I get the feeling if that hold on the punt return TD (which was very unnecessary) never happens. They probably build a good sized early lead and they win by a couple scores. Still should have, regardless.

God... I can't believe he missed that kick. I get that he's been in a little bit of a funk recently, but usually you would still be able to count on him when it counted. I mean, that's a complete chip shot considering the weather.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Ok, for sure, Robbie Gould sucked.

But if the opposing team comes into your field, does almost zero on offense, you have country club field position all day, and you lose, that's not because of a missed field goal.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Actually the offense went right down the field when it really mattered!

Because you are a complete retard, you think game ending drives matter more than the entire game. That's fine, believe whatever you want, but please stop quoting me,'because your football universe is that of a two year old. Thanks.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are a complete retard, you think game ending drives matter more than the entire game. That's fine, believe whatever you want, but please stop quoting me,'because your football universe is that of a two year old. Thanks.

Why so harsh? I was just giving my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, but there's no reason to get nasty. When a kicker somehow misses a chip shot 35 yard FG in perfect weather that should easily win the game, he gets the most blame for the loss IMO. It was a tough game for the team overall and especially the offense, but good teams find ways to win games when they don't play well. The Bears looked like they did it, but unfortunately Gould missed the easy kick at the end of the game. He blew it, PERIOD.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw to the end zone? Why? Risk an INT, or a sack when you can run it down and kick a chip shot game winner? That's silly.

At the end of the day, Robbie Gould needs to make a 35 yard field goal, and if you don't trust your kicker to do that. You don't have an NFL kicker. Bears did the right thing, they just didn't execute.

because Gould already missed a 40 yarder and you have an elite quarterback you need to trust to make a throw or throw it away on a 50 degree day with little wind. There was still time with an in completion to kneel and let the clock run down if you fail, but after Careys run (which he was actually never touched down) a throw on play action was the right call.

They could have put the 49ers away those first two drives when they settled for field goals, even one TD and one FG

C

cubzzzfanincali

Ugh, this looks no better in the morning. If you had told me "the defense will surrender only 7 points in the first 59:30, we'd have four sacks to their one, almost get a return touchdown, and our starting field position will be:

SF 41
CHI 47
CHI 33
CHI 20
CHI 33
CHI 20
CHI 20
CHI 19
SF 46
CHI 41
CHI 17
SF 28
CHI 15"

before the game, I would have guessed the score of the game would have been something like 42-7.

So....I'm not laying this one on Cutler. No, he didn't play perfectly, and in fact he made one or two boneheaded throws that should have been picked off, but mostly he actually passed reasonably well. The interception....IMO, that's totally on Gase. In that Packer game, I think we ran that exact same play from the exact same alignment like 5 times. It was so bad you could call it coming, even during the Packer game I was telling my buddies "if the Packers just jump this route..." Well, I'm pretty sure Tomsula's team watched the tape of that game, and knew exactly what to do.

I thought Cutler played much worse than most people thought against Green Bay, but I partly blamed the weather for a number of terrible passes, including the 2 worst passes (from an execution standpoint) he has made all season. But he got away with it because Green Bay's passing attack had such an awful night. Yesterday, though, I think he basically played well enough to win, assuming of course the numerous miscommunications on mistimed or ran routes were the fault of the WRs, and not of Jay.

In fact, I was trying to tell someone just now how we lost the game, and I can't do it. How did we lose this game? How?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame goes on Gase and the offense. Gase has got to open things up a little. I'm tired of seeing 2nd and 1 and just running up the middle. Throw a deep one in that situation. Try and put points on the board. This offense has the talent to be much better. I'm not a Gase fan, so go ahead and jump me. He is just average in scheme and way to conservative for my taste.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, this looks no better in the morning. If you had told me "the defense will surrender only 7 points in the first 59:30, we'd have four sacks to their one, almost get a return touchdown, and our starting field position will be:

SF 41
CHI 47
CHI 33
CHI 20
CHI 33
CHI 20
CHI 20
CHI 19
SF 46
CHI 41
CHI 17
SF 28
CHI 15"

before the game, I would have guessed the score of the game would have been something like 42-7.

So....I'm not laying this one on Cutler. No, he didn't play perfectly, and in fact he made one or two boneheaded throws that should have been picked off, but mostly he actually passed reasonably well. The interception....IMO, that's totally on Gase. In that Packer game, I think we ran that exact same play from the exact same alignment like 5 times. It was so bad you could call it coming, even during the Packer game I was telling my buddies "if the Packers just jump this route..." Well, I'm pretty sure Tomsula's team watched the tape of that game, and knew exactly what to do.

I thought Cutler played much worse than most people thought against Green Bay, but I partly blamed the weather for a number of terrible passes, including the 2 worst passes (from an execution standpoint) he has made all season. But he got away with it because Green Bay's passing attack had such an awful night. Yesterday, though, I think he basically played well enough to win, assuming of course the numerous miscommunications on mistimed or ran routes were the fault of the WRs, and not of Jay.

In fact, I was trying to tell someone just now how we lost the game, and I can't do it. How did we lose this game? How?

So much the bolded.

I kinda felt like that the whole game. I think I mentioned it somewhere, but it was 13-13 for like 33 minutes. The way the D started the game...the field position we had....game should've been a fucking rout.

C

cubzzzfanincali

eh, just watched the 22 twice. Man, this hurts, not so much of anything playoff related (you already knew I thought Bear playoff hopes were absurd),but just in football terms, this is a horrible, horrible loss.

I have to give some credit, although with a caveat, but this is literally the first game the Bear run defense was mostly very awesome. Of course, it came against a second rate line and a third rate RB, but they finally did a nice job. A lot of the matchups, they won. I'm still concerned about ability to hold point of attack, but the run D showed some quickness at least. That's something. And obviously it failed horribly the very end, but given how much the defense stifled SF and set the offense up in this game, to blame the defense is nothing short of football lunacy of the first rank.

So here's my best diagnosis. The problem is a very basic one. On third downs when we were in the redzone or needed to be moving into position to core with one more first down, we choked way too often. A lot of these were incompletions. Cutler and his receivers were simply not on the same page. This was not Seattle, where the coverage was stifling, or Green Bay (either game), where Cutler's mechanics sucked. This was just flat out not being on the same page. Period. It's eird, because we haven't seen a lot of that this year. Have we?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had told me "the defense will surrender only 7 points in the first 59:30,

And obviously it failed horribly the very end, but given how much the defense stifled SF and set the offense up in this game, to blame the defense is nothing short of football lunacy of the first rank.

Ugh...it was a bad game. Period. To call anyone who thinks either side was the culprit or sole reason they lost is "football lunacy of the first rank"... is just mean and internet tough guy stupid.
The reasons the Bears lost to the 49ers are 3:
1. Offense couldn't capitalize on short fields all day.
2. Defense couldn't hold a 7 point lead with 2 minutes left. (after they were brilliant all day)
3. Robbie Gould needs to make the damn short kick.

It's that simple... ALL those reasons combined are why they lost- IF ONLY ONE of them doesn't happen Bears Win.

1. If offense capitalizes on short field even half the time- they come away with easy win, and we are all more worried about losing Gase. (and Culter for MVP)
2. Defense holds onto lead at end and doesn't let Gabbert look like M. Vick= we are worried about losing Fangio to HC jobs.
3. Robbie makes that kick... everyone is still pissed about a lackluster performance, but would quickly move on with a .500 record and playoff talk would continue.