• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thanksgiving Day: Eagles @ Cowboys

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances with 10 days rest in the rematch. The rematch is a win or go home for the playoff hunt.

I am tired of these win or go home games. I am getting sick already lol

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the short turn around hurt bad, Romo needs time to rest his back between games. Getting in at 3am from New Jersey didn't help much either. The boys looked tired to me, hopefully they come out firing on all 8 cylinders this coming Thursday. Need a win, a loss could be the end if Philly beats Seattle.

Boy would that be a nightmare. Lose to Chicago and go to Philly giving them the chance to end our season. Another new way to lose!! I don't think I can take it. This just can't happen to us again we have suffered enough.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the short turn around hurt bad, Romo needs time to rest his back between games. Getting in at 3am from New Jersey didn't help much either. The boys looked tired to me, hopefully they come out firing on all 8 cylinders this coming Thursday. Need a win, a loss could be the end if Philly beats Seattle.

Actually, that might be our easiest way into the playoffs. Say Seattle beats Philly and we beat Chicago. Then we are tied with the Eagles, but would HAVE to beat them, or be one game and the tiebreaker, basically two games back with two to play. Now, if we beat Chicago and Philly beats Seattle, we would be a game up on Seattle plus the tie breaker for the wildcard, really 2 games up with 3 to play. Then if we beat Philly, great, but even with a loss to Philly, we'd still get in over Seattle for the WC if we won our last two, no matter what

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of scenarios. One is we go 11-5 and not even make it. How bad would that suck? Another would be win out and finish 12-4 and still have to go to a 7-9 New Orleans. Definitely hard to predict with 4 weeks to go. I will say I don't think we make it unless we go 11-5.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of scenarios. One is we go 11-5 and not even make it. How bad would that suck? Another would be win out and finish 12-4 and still have to go to a 7-9 New Orleans. Definitely hard to predict with 4 weeks to go. I will say I don't think we make it unless we go 11-5.

11-5 - we're in.

10-6 - nice door prize.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-5 - we're in.

10-6 - nice door prize.

If they ever figure out 'homefield advantage' they might actually start making bigger strides. Top teams don't have such a poor home record but Dallas does ever since they moved into the Death Star.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they ever figure out 'homefield advantage' they might actually start making bigger strides. Top teams don't have such a poor home record but Dallas does ever since they moved into the Death Star.

Hopefully we can remain Road Warriors this week. Obviously, in the NFL, we could end up 12-4 or 8-8, but on paper, the Bears game looks like an absolute must win. I could see us beating Philly at their place and Indy here, but it would take our best game both weeks IMO. The last weekend of the season, in Washington, there's no doubt the Skins would love to salvage something from the wretched season they've had by knocking us out of the playoffs. The Chicago game will probably be the easiest remaining game the Boys have. Thats scary, because while the Cowboys offense should dominate their sorry defense, the thought of Brandon Carr trying to stick with Marshall or Jeffrey is pretty scary....

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that might be our easiest way into the playoffs. Say Seattle beats Philly and we beat Chicago. Then we are tied with the Eagles, but would HAVE to beat them, or be one game and the tiebreaker, basically two games back with two to play. Now, if we beat Chicago and Philly beats Seattle, we would be a game up on Seattle plus the tie breaker for the wildcard, really 2 games up with 3 to play. Then if we beat Philly, great, but even with a loss to Philly, we'd still get in over Seattle for the WC if we won our last two, no matter what

I guess you are forgetting about Detroit, the only reason we are on the outside looking in right now. If not for the three way tie we would be the 5th seed right now because of the head to head win at Seattle. Do you really think Detroit is going to win out? We must win this Thursday or it isn't really going to matter but I still want the Eagles to lose. I would vomit just thinking about rooting for them. I still think Seattle will win their division, the Cards are lost without their starting QB and now their running back is banged up. If that happens Seattle won't even matter when it comes to our playoff chances. I think it comes down to the lions and how far down the Cards fall, and of course how many we win. Seattle beating Philly won't be why we don't get in.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are forgetting about Detroit, the only reason we are on the outside looking in right now. If not for the three way tie we would be the 5th seed right now because of the head to head win at Seattle. Do you really think Detroit is going to win out? We must win this Thursday or it isn't really going to matter but I still want the Eagles to lose. I would vomit just thinking about rooting for them. I still think Seattle will win their division, the Cards are lost without their starting QB and now their running back is banged up. If that happens Seattle won't even matter when it comes to our playoff chances. I think it comes down to the lions and how far down the Cards fall, and of course how many we win. Seattle beating Philly won't be why we don't get in.

No, I think Detroit goes 11-5. I think Dallas goes 10-6, and I hope Seattle goes 10-6 and we beat them in a tiebreaker. If Philly beats Seattle, Seattle would have to go 3-0 to finish 11-5

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless the Lions have an EPIC collapse they will win 3 of 4 (they won't beat GB in Lambeau). They are all but guaranteed a playoff berth. The Cowboys need to do the same at the very least.

Tomorrow night's game is massive. Lose it and they damn near have to run the table @Philly, here against the Colts and @WAS. And - I don't see that happening - especially the Colts at home.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: