• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TG's Interview with Langenbrunner

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fire & Ice

There's some interesting stuff. Unfortunately, there isn't much new info, but it's at least interesting to hear about these things from his perspective.

I'm most interested in the remarks about how his feuding with Lemaire didn't scratch the surface about what was wrong. Honestly, we'll never get the full story, but it's still interesting.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah agreed it's interesting.

No surprises he's not telling the full story on what actually happened.
I'm sorry though the fact he had to learn not to let something get to him like that just doesn't do for me. Captain of the team, and considered a vet now as he's been around a while.

I'll never see him as captain material i'm afraid. Granted it's hard to compare him to our previous captains before Patrik because well yeah haha. But I think even if i believed Jamie was a good leader i'd still say Zach should be captain instead.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really do believe jamie is a great player to haveon your team, but not to be the heart and soul of the team.... its good that he says he's learned and i hopes its true...

the one bright side is he is basically acknowledging in the article that he kinda fucked up.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
mm yeah i see what you're sayin', to be honest if he wasn't captain i don't think i would have as big of a problem with him as i do now. I was really against the decision to give him the 'C'. It just didn't make sense to me, to me he is like you said a group player. A decent one to have, but not a star player. In my opinion.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really do believe jamie is a great player to haveon your team, but not to be the heart and soul of the team.... its good that he says he's learned and i hopes its true...

the one bright side is he is basically acknowledging in the article that he kinda fucked up.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party and dragging up some old threads.

I agree that he is a good guy to have, but maybe not captain material. An 'A' yes, a 'C' no. When he was first named captain I was against it but the guys seemed to respond to him and he played very well with the young kids, (at the time) Zajac and Parise. Then after last season's meltdown, I am down on him wearing the C.

The2000cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
um.. i basically agree with everything you guys see about langenbrunner.. decent player.. but his ways of leadership are questionable. Did you guys see the guys the devils put on waivers? Eh.. i thought Brad Mills was impressive at least like for a 4th line.. and i think sesitito and gionta are nice fiesty players as well.. thought any of those 3 the least of those gionta had a chance at the 4th line.. but now im thinking zharkov leblond and pelley might be locks