• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to hope replacements are known to be better. How many well known pitching coaches are available?
If the money is right they will probably be available. I would start with the Dodgers and Rays organizations.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers all time most hated starting line up (CRAWLER EDITION)

starting pitcher : Chan ho park
relief pitcher 1: Michael Kirkman
relief pitcher 2: Sam dyson
relief pitcher 3: Shawn tolleson ( Tollie time)
relief pitcher 4: Tony Barnett ( looked like a stanky homeless dude)

Catcher: Taylor Teagarden ( almost made major league all star team while at double AA because of a radio show joke campaign to get him votes. He had like 40 at bats and 35 of them strike outs. This guy sucked.

1st base : Mitch moreland

2nd base: roughened odor ( got a big contract because he punched Bautista then took the rangers front office for a ride by getting them to stubbornly put him in the lineup to const hurt the team)

short stop: Alex Rodriguez ( nothing to do with performance, this guy is just in the top 5 douchebags to ever play baseball list)

3rd base : drawing a blank.

right field : Jose canseco

center field : Craig gentry

left field : Brad Wilkerson

TV announcer : John Rhadigan

manager : Jeff Banister

DH: Willie Calhoun

fan in the stands: guy who failed to make the play when Josh Hamilton threw the ball to him.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now on Marteen Perez contract signing watch. Can’t say it is alert time just yet

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Changes were coming to the Rangers' coaching staff, and two came down Thursday on the first day of the offseason.

Co-pitching coaches Doug Mathis and Brendan Sagara won't be back in 2023, though Sagara has been offered a position elsewhere in the organization. Neither move should come as a surprise as the pitching staff didn't move forward as a whole, though there were strides made with some individual pitchers.

Another reason? General manager Chris Young was a big-league pitcher, a successful one, and he likely has an idea of what he wants from a pitching coach. He might even know who he wants.

If not, Young should shoot for the moon and try to land one of the best in the game. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Matt Blake of the Yankees is highly regarded and in the final year of his contract. The same goes for Mike Maddux in St. Louis, and he still lives in the Metroplex after the Rangers foolishly let him go after the 2015 season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see CY bring back Mike Maddux.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an article, Evan Grant mentions that the Rangers need pitching help and brings up Otto and Dunning's problems with walks. He fails to look deeper and see how much Otto improved over the course of the year. You know, kind of what you would expect from a young pitcher.

As I mentioned before, Otto had an ERA of 3.68 after July. He got much better with walks in September, over a total of 36 innings. He had 8 walks in those 36 innings. Otto had the best walk rate between him, Gray, and Perez over each of their last 36 innings or so.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an article, Evan Grant mentions that the Rangers need pitching help and brings up Otto and Dunning's problems with walks. He fails to look deeper and see how much Otto improved over the course of the year. You know, kind of what you would expect from a young pitcher.

As I mentioned before, Otto had an ERA of 3.68 after July. He got much better with walks in September, over a total of 36 innings. He had 8 walks in those 36 innings. Otto had the best walk rate between him, Gray, and Perez over each of their last 36 innings or so.
Consider the source
And Dunning's injury

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please give EG the 411 before he checks out

Otto is fine as a non playoff starter Still like Perez and one more

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give EG the 411 before he checks out

Otto is fine as a non playoff starter Still like Perez and one more
I think Otto has a decent chance to be as good as one of our former playoff starters, Matt Harrison.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Otto has a decent chance to be as good as one of our former playoff starters, Matt Harrison.
Well it seems like Harrison started off slow

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JRAM hits a 2 run shot to put CLEV ahead of rays late in the ballgame
They have a good one and boy do I miss playoff baseball in TX

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the 2010 and 2011 type playoffs. The kind of ones since then aren't missed at all by me.

Reactions: DTC

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well pitched game from all four guys who took the mound today. Only one walk for the entire game!