• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of fun promotions in the minor leagues.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who joins Baseball Hall of Fame ballot in 2024? Adrián Beltré and Chase Utley headline crop of newcomers

Adrián Beltré​

Oh hell yes we're starting here. While I enjoy debates and getting to know more about past players over the course of years of research, it's also fun to get a no-brainer in there. We haven't seen anyone top 80 percent of the vote since Derek Jeter got close to 100 percent for the 2020 class. Beltré won't be unanimous, I don't think, but he will fly past 80 percent with ease.

We're talking about an incredibly likable, almost universally-loved player with an all-time great resume. He collected 3,166 career hits, which included 636 doubles and 477 home runs. He drove home 1,707 runs while scoring 1,524 times. He didn't top 100 strikeouts in any of his final 11 seasons. A career .286 hitter, he broke .300 seven times. All of that, along with his long-time exceptional defense at third base, puts him third in career WAR among third basemen after Mike Schmidt and Eddie Mathews. That's it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mason Englert not protected, Matt Moore not signed anywhere and Spencer Howard not in the minors.
I thought I had all the answers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers never really gave him a chance to start. He goes elsewhere and does well. In 25 starts last year he had a 2.66 ERA.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers never really gave him a chance to start. He goes elsewhere and does well. In 25 starts last year he had a 2.66 ERA.
He definitely turned it around. Have to think the brain trust in Tampa helped him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely turned it around. Have to think the brain trust in Tampa helped him
I want to be able to trust the brains of the Rangers organization. Lol

It was obvious to Jeff Wilson that the Rangers should have considered it. It sounds like he had it turned around when he was an Opener for us.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be able to trust the brains of the Rangers organization. Lol

It was obvious to Jeff Wilson that the Rangers should have considered it. It sounds like he had it turned around when he was an Opener for us.
I saw nothing turned around to mskhe me think he was ready to be a MLB stater she he was opening
Seem like he made specific changes at the Rays and we gave up on him. Now we got rid of the old regime, pitching coach wise. Wonder if that all factors in. But I did not read Wilson article as it is under a paywall.

Bringing out the best in our pitchers has been an obvious deficiency

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw nothing turned around to mskhe me think he was ready to be a MLB stater she he was opening
Seem like he made specific changes at the Rays and we gave up on him. Now we got rid of the old regime, pitching coach wise. Wonder if that all factors in. But I did not read Wilson article as it is under a paywall.

Bringing out the best in our pitchers has been an obvious deficiency

No paywall here.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks well Wilson saw more than me in his limited outings in 2019. We gave up on him. He was wild but could get some swing and misses. He got worse at Boston. The Rays fixed him and now they got him on the cheap.

All which leads us to conform what we already knew. The Rangers were never a front runner in developing pitching. Hopefully the overhaul will help especially at the MILB level.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He walked and scored the first run in a 2-1 game.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

The owner of Bally Sports is reportedly headed toward bankruptcy.

Diamond Sports Group LLC, a subsidiary of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, operates Bally Sports. Diamond, backed by Sinclair, is losing so much money that it might be unable to make payouts on the $55 billion worth of media rights deals it holds after acquiring the Fox Regional Sports Networks in 2019.

This isn’t just an MLB problem. NBA and NHL teams, including the Mavericks and Stars, are locked into deals with Bally, too.

Bloomberg News is reporting that Diamond is pursuing an $8.6 billion restructuring and also hoping that Bally Sports +, a direct-to-consumer streaming service, will help make up for the massive losses suffered from cord-cutters ditching cable. Streaming services have been unable to negotiate a price to their liking with Diamond to carry the Bally regional networks.

Bally Sports + costs $19.99 a month, and it hasn’t gained enough traction yet.

The sports leagues have attempted to negotiate with Diamond, but The New York Post reported that last month that negotiations weren’t going well. The Post said that creditors would try to persuade a judge to have the existing rights contracts rejected if Diamond went into bankruptcy.

Sources told the Post that MLB has been working to create new contracts with potential rejected teams and to directly air games in local markets. One source said MLB believes it could launch quickly but hasn’t guaranteed how quickly.

Ultimately, the bankruptcy could lead to an entirely new way people consume sports, with streaming services like Apple TV + and Prime Video becoming a bigger player.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

The owner of Bally Sports is reportedly headed toward bankruptcy.

Diamond Sports Group LLC, a subsidiary of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, operates Bally Sports. Diamond, backed by Sinclair, is losing so much money that it might be unable to make payouts on the $55 billion worth of media rights deals it holds after acquiring the Fox Regional Sports Networks in 2019.

This isn’t just an MLB problem. NBA and NHL teams, including the Mavericks and Stars, are locked into deals with Bally, too.

Bloomberg News is reporting that Diamond is pursuing an $8.6 billion restructuring and also hoping that Bally Sports +, a direct-to-consumer streaming service, will help make up for the massive losses suffered from cord-cutters ditching cable. Streaming services have been unable to negotiate a price to their liking with Diamond to carry the Bally regional networks.

Bally Sports + costs $19.99 a month, and it hasn’t gained enough traction yet.

The sports leagues have attempted to negotiate with Diamond, but The New York Post reported that last month that negotiations weren’t going well. The Post said that creditors would try to persuade a judge to have the existing rights contracts rejected if Diamond went into bankruptcy.

Sources told the Post that MLB has been working to create new contracts with potential rejected teams and to directly air games in local markets. One source said MLB believes it could launch quickly but hasn’t guaranteed how quickly.

Ultimately, the bankruptcy could lead to an entirely new way people consume sports, with streaming services like Apple TV + and Prime Video becoming a bigger player.
This is pretty interesting. I am able to get currently but went a year without the service.
Might affect MLB revenues methinks

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More re Springs