• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans acquire Cooks from Rams

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round pick is valuable. Not as valuable as the first they gave up for a one year rental at the cost of buying a small country:doh:
The Rams overpaid for Gurley. Many fans laughed at the Rams for giving a 3 year $40M contract to a player who was probably worth $34M over 3 years. Fair play to those fans. It was an over-payment but it wasn't back-breaking and it was to a difference-making player who massively contributed in getting the Rams to a Super Bowl. Signing Cooks to a 3 year $50.5M deal was beyond stupid, (not that many fans here seemed to notice). Cooks was never worth more to the Rams than Gurley. The $42.5M already paid by the Rams to Cooks was long gone. Getting out with a 2nd round pick turned a D- situation into a D+ situation, nothing more, but given the situation we'll take it.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the only reason the Rams didn't get a 1st is because buttchin already gave up all his 1st's last year. I half expect Belichick to fleece O'Brien out of Watson for a practice squad RB and a bag of deflated footballs.

Nah, Brady took those with him

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division title... let me know

you certainly didn’t hold Brady to zero TDs in a SB. Hell you couldn’t even give the ball to beast mode at the 2.

Get back to me when LA Rams actually win a SB. STL has a SB and they don't have a team any more.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams overpaid for Gurley. Many fans laughed at the Rams for giving a 3 year $40M contract to a player who was probably worth $34M over 3 years. Fair play to those fans. It was an over-payment but it wasn't back-breaking and it was to a difference-making player who massively contributed in getting the Rams to a Super Bowl. Signing Cooks to a 3 year $50.5M deal was beyond stupid, (not that many fans here seemed to notice). Cooks was never worth more to the Rams than Gurley. The $42.5M already paid by the Rams to Cooks was long gone. Getting out with a 2nd round pick turned a D- situation into a D+ situation, nothing more, but given the situation we'll take it.
you think rams fans were upset over 6 million dollar's essentially? Cooks was a phenomenal player, when healthy.....

i mean who would want to sign a guy who basically had 4 straight 1100 yard seasons(missed it one year by 18 yards), and avg about 7 td's per year over those 4 years, roughly 77 catches a year.

2015-14th in receiving yards
2016-7th in receiving yards
2017-11th in receiving yards
2018-14th in receiving yards

crazy to give a 22 year old guy at the time, a good contract, who was turning it on, and has yearrrrrrs ahead of him......i'll forgive last year, head injuries suck

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't just the Gurley contract nor the Cooks contract. It was the combination Gurley and his knees, Cooks and his concussions, Goff, Donald along with guys like Ramsey, Kupp, Everett coming due. Fans were trying to tell Ram fans the end was closer than the beginning. Ram fans didn't want to hear that. The Rams put themselves in a very small window to win. They didn't and now they will need to try and hit on the upcoming drafts in order to restock without a first and very little cap. Will they package a couple picks IOT move up? Luckily they received two comp picks for Lamarcus Joyner and Rodger Saffold.

2 20 (52)
3 20 (84)
3 40 (104)
4 20 (126)
6 20 (199)
7 20 (234)

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when LA Rams actually win a SB. STL has a SB and they don't have a team any more.

Ahhh the old STL don’t count. Lol. Must be tough to know you lost at the 2 yard line and you won’t be sniffing any division titles going forward.

I became a Rams fan in STL btw. We gots a ring.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh the old STL don’t count. Lol. Must be tough to know you lost at the 2 yard line and you won’t be sniffing any division titles going forward.

So you jumped on the greatest show on turf bandwagon. Good for you.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same franchise. I live in NY and have been a Rams fan since the 79 Superbowl; do you really think I give a shit if they play in LA or STL? STL offered the widow owner a deal she couldn't turn down (and they ultimately could hold up their end) and borrowed the franchise for a little while. I like them in LA because it feels natural and I grew up with them there, nothing more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same sort of argument that tries to limit the Lakers' ring count by saying that the Minneapolis years don't count. Sad, really.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same franchise. I live in NY and have been a Rams fan since the 79 Superbowl; do you really think I give a shit if they play in LA or STL? STL offered the widow owner a deal she couldn't turn down (and they ultimately could hold up their end) and borrowed the franchise for a little while. I like them in LA because it feels natural and I grew up with them there, nothing more.

I'm actually glad they're out of STL cause I couldn't take those damn trick plays anymore :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they're out of STL cause I couldn't take the opponent's fans drowning out the Rams fans.

Oh there were days when Warner and Bulger were at QB and our defense was on the field you couldn’t hear the person next to you on 3rd down. EJ Dome was loud back before of the shit show

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there were days when Warner and Bulger were at QB and our defense was on the field you couldn’t hear the person next to you on 3rd down. EJ Dome was loud back before of the shit show

Of course. Fans stopped coming when the chips were down though. Here in Western NY, the Bills draw well, good times and bad.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Fans stopped coming when the chips were down though. Here in Western NY, the Bills draw well, good times and bad.

STL is a great sports town I will give them that. But those teams were and I went to a good bunch of games. The writing was on the wall with Stan vs that town.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STL is a great sports town I will give them that. But those teams were and I went to a good bunch of games. The writing was on the wall with Stan vs that town.

They had promises in that contract that they had no way to meet, played right into his hands. Can't say I'm sad for them though, as they used that contract to lure the Rams out of LA in the first place as the widow angled for a move and the money such a deal would bring.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the toughest places to play back then. I always liked Warner given the way he made it to the NFL.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think rams fans were upset over 6 million dollar's essentially? Cooks was a phenomenal player, when healthy.....

i mean who would want to sign a guy who basically had 4 straight 1100 yard seasons(missed it one year by 18 yards), and avg about 7 td's per year over those 4 years, roughly 77 catches a year.

2015-14th in receiving yards
2016-7th in receiving yards
2017-11th in receiving yards
2018-14th in receiving yards

crazy to give a 22 year old guy at the time, a good contract, who was turning it on, and has yearrrrrrs ahead of him......i'll forgive last year, head injuries suck
I don't think Rams fans were upset over $6M, Gurley's contract, or Gurley himself, (until he bitched about his unpaid bonus last week).

I don't think Rams fans were upset with Cooks, his commitment to the Rams, or the effort he put into playing. He was a very good WR. You seem to be indicating he would have been ranked about #11 - #14. I don't think he was that good...but let's gloss over that. Would that have been enough to pay him in line with a 2018 franchise tag and a 2019 120% tag? I couldn't justify it...but let's gloss over that. If the Rams had done that they would have paid him $35.16M for 2 years. That's the absolute maximum. Instead they paid him $42.47M. It's not the worst Rams personnel decision i've seen but I don't think my D- rating was unfair.

I would have been ok with keeping him at $8M for 2020, but i'd much rather have the 2nd round pick and future cap space. I thank Cooks for his work over the last 2 years and wish him well for the future.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Rams fans were upset over $6M, Gurley's contract, or Gurley himself, (until he bitched about his unpaid bonus last week).

I don't think Rams fans were upset with Cooks, his commitment to the Rams, or the effort he put into playing. He was a very good WR. You seem to be indicating he would have been ranked about #11 - #14. I don't think he was that good...but let's gloss over that. Would that have been enough to pay him in line with a 2018 franchise tag and a 2019 120% tag? I couldn't justify it...but let's gloss over that. If the Rams had done that they would have paid him $35.16M for 2 years. That's the absolute maximum. Instead they paid him $42.47M. It's not the worst Rams personnel decision i've seen but I don't think my D- rating was unfair.

I would have been ok with keeping him at $8M for 2020, but i'd much rather have the 2nd round pick and future cap space. I thank Cooks for his work over the last 2 years and wish him well for the future.
Sorry my point about the 6 million with Gurley was you said fans were upset they overpaid him at 40 mill. Then said he was worth 34, a six million difference.

cooks would not be ranked top 14, that was my point. His numbers backed up that he was. Regardless of what anyone says, 4 straight years backed it up.

sans his concussions, his production coupled with his age backed it up. 8 mill? Really for a guy who is 4 straight top 15 seasons? Yikes guys get 10 million for catching 50/600/3tds

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just the Gurley contract nor the Cooks contract. It was the combination Gurley and his knees, Cooks and his concussions, Goff, Donald along with guys like Ramsey, Kupp, Everett coming due. Fans were trying to tell Ram fans the end was closer than the beginning. Ram fans didn't want to hear that. The Rams put themselves in a very small window to win. They didn't and now they will need to try and hit on the upcoming drafts in order to restock without a first and very little cap. Will they package a couple picks IOT move up? Luckily they received two comp picks for Lamarcus Joyner and Rodger Saffold.

2 20 (52)
3 20 (84)
3 40 (104)
4 20 (126)
6 20 (199)
7 20 (234)
I'd agree with most of that. I think we have pick (57) as well. Gurley was paid after an exceptional 2017 season when his knees appeared to be fine. I disagreed with some of the Rams decisions but I was fine with pushing the chips in and going for it with a small window. For a franchise with a small fan base in a new city and a huge-budget stadium opening soon it made sense. If the Rams go 4-12 and 6-10 over the next 2 years i'll be phlegmatic about it. It would mean a 5 year period of .500 football, 2 playoff seasons, and a Super Bowl appearance under McVay. Long-time Rams fans call that BOOM time. :wink:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with most of that. I think we have pick (57) as well. Gurley was paid after an exceptional 2017 season when his knees appeared to be fine. I disagreed with some of the Rams decisions but I was fine with pushing the chips in and going for it with a small window. For a franchise with a small fan base in a new city and a huge-budget stadium opening soon it made sense. If the Rams go 4-12 and 6-10 over the next 2 years i'll be phlegmatic about it. It would mean a 5 year period of .500 football, 2 playoff seasons, and a Super Bowl appearance under McVay. Long-time Rams fans call that BOOM time. :wink:
Set the bar low, so you can achieve:thumb: