• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC / preseason thread 2019

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mccoy is a backup. So is Keenum. Neither were hot commodities when they were in the market. We can't rely on their play, alone, to take us anywhere. we just need them not to kill us with inopportune turnovers. In that light, Keenum might be the best one to start. But my guess is they will both be starters this year, at some point.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mccoy is a backup. So is Keenum. Neither were hot commodities when they were in the market. We can't rely on their play, alone, to take us anywhere. we just need them not to kill us with inopportune turnovers. In that light, Keenum might be the best one to start. But my guess is they will both be starters this year, at some point.

and with that no chance the Redskins have a good season if both are playing and definitely no chance Gruden is here next season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Keemun had a team in the NFC title game . On a throw he made to boot

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Keemun had a team in the NFC title game . On a throw he made to boot

Keenum was on a team that went to the NFC championship. Actually, he did have a pretty good year that year. But we was just a cog there really. Just what we need him to be here. Honestly, our OL concerns me more than who our QB will be.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum was on a team that went to the NFC championship. Actually, he did have a pretty good year that year. But we was just a cog there really. Just what we need him to be here. Honestly, our OL concerns me more than who our QB will be.
Yeah I made that statement before . I also believe. Penn at OT and Martin at OG will soften losing TW counting on lesser LT play but gaining at LG. Play . At least that is the plan

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just personal opinion. McCoy is still throwing INTs in practice after years in this offense. McCoy is just a backup. Plain and simple.
Not going to argue that however, that's all CK is imo. Journeyman backup looking for a team bad enough to require his services. Our QB situation right this minute may very well be bottom 5 in league. Let's all hope Haskins develops quickly.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams that go deep into the playoffs normally have very good QBs.

We have an average QB, a lifelong backup QB, and a QB who is still in the classroom learning.

I rest my case.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely, our OL should be our biggest concern!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams that go deep into the playoffs normally have very good QBs.

We have an average QB, a lifelong backup QB, and a QB who is still in the classroom learning.

I rest my case.
case keenum was in the NFC title game 2 years ago , facing nick freaking foles who won a superbowl

the same avg qb we have on the team now

just saying

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree dad, the Case Keenum that threw 22 TDs and 7 picks. Sort of Smith like. I won't win you many but I won't lose you many. If he can do that and the D holds up like I think and the run game is good it could be a recipe for success.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree dad, the Case Keenum that threw 22 TDs and 7 picks. Sort of Smith like. I won't win you many but I won't lose you many. If he can do that and the D holds up like I think and the run game is good it could be a recipe for success.
It all depends on the OL. IF they can run block and half way protect the QB, we might have a chance. Those are both big "ifs" right now.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
case keenum was in the NFC title game 2 years ago , facing nick freaking foles who won a superbowl

the same avg qb we have on the team now

just saying

dad, And I'm just saying that Keenum played his role well leading up to that NFC title game with a good OL that protected him which remains a very questionable OL that is protecting him now.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and with that no chance the Redskins have a good season if both are playing and definitely no chance Gruden is here next season

What is your definition of a "good season". I see all these posts about the Skins potentially having a bust season & having no chance to make a deep playoff run. It is as if there is no middle ground. I certainly don't expect the Redskins to make a deep playoff run this season, but they can obtain a degree of success in other ways.

They have some building blocks to build for the future. Guys like Haskins, Guice, Allen, Payne, Collins, Sweat & McLaurin are key as well as some lower profile young players who may shine this season. I am looking more at building a team for the future rather than for the upcoming season.

As they move past this season hefty contracts from guys like Smith, Norman & maybe even Williams will come off the books leaving room to find more young players. If they draft like they have the past 2 years they could be actually starting to build a very competitive team in a few years. I just think that people need to look beyond simply this season (which I realize is very hard to do). If many of the young players don't develop then they will be in trouble. We will see.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your definition of a "good season". I see all these posts about the Skins potentially having a bust season & having no chance to make a deep playoff run. It is as if there is no middle ground. I certainly don't expect the Redskins to make a deep playoff run this season, but they can obtain a degree of success in other ways.

They have some building blocks to build for the future. Guys like Haskins, Guice, Allen, Payne, Collins, Sweat & McLaurin are key as well as some lower profile young players who may shine this season. I am looking more at building a team for the future rather than for the upcoming season.

As they move past this season hefty contracts from guys like Smith, Norman & maybe even Williams will come off the books leaving room to find more young players. If they draft like they have the past 2 years they could be actually starting to build a very competitive team in a few years. I just think that people need to look beyond simply this season (which I realize is very hard to do). If many of the young players don't develop then they will be in trouble. We will see.
While there is truth to what you are saying, they do have what appears to be a good young nucleus of players to build on, the challenge is we have been hearing for 20 years that we just need a few more years to fill in the talent. It has yet to happen. I will give you that this team does appear to be a bit different that those in the past. Previously, we tried to stack our team with aging vets. Now it does seem that we are focusing more on youth and athleticism. Hopefully that is what they are purposely doing, an not some dumb luck.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad, And I'm just saying that Keenum played his role well leading up to that NFC title game with a good OL that protected him which remains a very questionable OL that is protecting him now.

the line that played vs cleveland is not the the o/line that will start the season . i anticipate penn martin roulier sherf and moses will be the line and i have no doubt they can be a decent o/line much like the vikes o/line that year . if you want to claim that o/line is decent . i would say they werent world beaters as they have moved to improve that o/line because it was horrible last years

that doesnt change the fact that 2 years ago 2 avg qbs squared off in the title game and their teams helped them get there . the same could happen here if injuries dont betray us

it may not be likely since i am perhaps the only one saying we can compete for a playoff spot but we will be in contention just like last season till week 15

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there is truth to what you are saying, they do have what appears to be a good young nucleus of players to build on, the challenge is we have been hearing for 20 years that we just need a few more years to fill in the talent. It has yet to happen. I will give you that this team does appear to be a bit different that those in the past. Previously, we tried to stack our team with aging vets. Now it does seem that we are focusing more on youth and athleticism. Hopefully that is what they are purposely doing, an not some dumb luck.

Fair point. IMO the glimmer of hope at this time is that the last several years have what appear to be their best drafts in the Snyder era. I truly believe that Allen is not involved much if at all in the drafting process (Snyder may be to a certain degree for the top pick or two). Allen may or may not be involved in major trade talks, but not much in the drafting process IMO.

Of course the proof is in what occurs on the field so I will hold off any true judgement until at least the middle of this season. Just saying that if guys like Sweat, Guice, Haskins & McLaurin develop & if say they are at or slightly below .500 that would not be too bad. They could then continue the rebuild by focusing mainly on the offensive side of the ball. I would consider that somewhat of a success.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to argue that however, that's all CK is imo. Journeyman backup looking for a team bad enough to require his services. Our QB situation right this minute may very well be bottom 5 in league. Let's all hope Haskins develops quickly.

We can win with CK. Thank god we made that trade.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, this is a building blocks year for our team but I think it's a stretch to even use the word 'playoffs'.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the line that played vs cleveland is not the the o/line that will start the season . i anticipate penn martin roulier sherf and moses will be the line and i have no doubt they can be a decent o/line much like the vikes o/line that year . if you want to claim that o/line is decent . i would say they werent world beaters as they have moved to improve that o/line because it was horrible last years

that doesnt change the fact that 2 years ago 2 avg qbs squared off in the title game and their teams helped them get there . the same could happen here if injuries dont betray us

it may not be likely since i am perhaps the only one saying we can compete for a playoff spot but we will be in contention just like last season till week 15

We all know that no team in these pre-season games is starting the same OL that will be starting in Week 1 but the OL that we start in Week 1, with the best we've got, remains very questionable to me. If we can't come to terms with TW it looks even more questionable to me.