• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Kelly and his legacy TK #10

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its to early for this thread but as TK continues to build his resume. Do you think he has a chance to go down with some of the legend qbs at ASU? Danny White, Raphorst, Plummer.

Once was 3rd string on the depth chart going into the 2012 camp. Almost was not even given the opportunity to work his way up. Almost was out of the competition and Graham almost made it Eubank and Bercovicci for the starting QB. He worked hard during Spring ball and improved. He became the perfect QB in Norvells system with his decision making, his smartness, and his combination of running and throwing. While he has to be one of the better throwers on the run. TK showed what hard work can do. We were all surprised when he was picked as the starting QB and questioned the move, but fuck did he prove us wrong.

Last week at Utah TK was pressured all day but made clutch throws when he needed to and made the correct pull read options. While have 0 interceptions and showing toughness which many ASU fans questioned last year how tough is TK? He was so tough and made the clutch throws when he had to. Showing poise late in the game.

I believe in TKs ability on the road now. I think he has matured so much since last year and even the beginning of the season this year. Hes been a new qb this last half of the year. Showing maturity and leadership. A year where we lost Brock Osweiler many Sun Devil fans thought it would be a pathetic season. But Kelly was good and showed promise to be better and his Junior year playing some of the best defenses in the nation he has been tough even with an inconsistent offensive line.

TKs legacy starts with these next 3 games can he put himself up with some of the other ASU greats?

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its to early for this thread but as TK continues to build his resume. Do you think he has a chance to go down with some of the legend qbs at ASU? Danny White, Raphorst, Plummer.

Once was 3rd string on the depth chart going into the 2012 camp. Almost was not even given the opportunity to work his way up. Almost was out of the competition and Graham almost made it Eubank and Bercovicci for the starting QB. He worked hard during Spring ball and improved. He became the perfect QB in Norvells system with his decision making, his smartness, and his combination of running and throwing. While he has to be one of the better throwers on the run. TK showed what hard work can do. We were all surprised when he was picked as the starting QB and questioned the move, but fuck did he prove us wrong.

Last week at Utah TK was pressured all day but made clutch throws when he needed to and made the correct pull read options. While have 0 interceptions and showing toughness which many ASU fans questioned last year how tough is TK? He was so tough and made the clutch throws when he had to. Showing poise late in the game.

I believe in TKs ability on the road now. I think he has matured so much since last year and even the beginning of the season this year. Hes been a new qb this last half of the year. Showing maturity and leadership. A year where we lost Brock Osweiler many Sun Devil fans thought it would be a pathetic season. But Kelly was good and showed promise to be better and his Junior year playing some of the best defenses in the nation he has been tough even with an inconsistent offensive line.

TKs legacy starts with these next 3 games can he put himself up with some of the other ASU greats?

If he wants to earn his spot among the ASU QB Elite, he's going to need to win us a Rose Bowl. When you watch Kelly it's not his talent that stands out, it's his management of the game like you said. He's extremely efficient but lacks the Sunday players arm. How many deep balls have actually worked for us this year? How many times has he missed the deep ball in the last two years? Big time QB's don't miss those throws. He's extremely good at throwing the post route to Strong and does OK at hitting Coyle in the seam, but when you actually think about the type of throws that he's making, there really isn't much diversity. He needs to learn to throw it away more and not scamper for a loss. He also misses on his reads sometimes and should be giving it to Grice when the DE sits. He hasn't impressed me under pressure either. He has the chance to do really great things for this program but do I think of Taylor Kelly in the same breath as Jake Plummer? No. Danny White? No. Jeff Raphort? No. Rudy Carpenter? Yes.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to earn his spot among the ASU QB Elite, he's going to need to win us a Rose Bowl. When you watch Kelly it's not his talent that stands out, it's his management of the game like you said. He's extremely efficient but lacks the Sunday players arm. How many deep balls have actually worked for us this year? How many times has he missed the deep ball in the last two years? Big time QB's don't miss those throws. He's extremely good at throwing the post route to Strong and does OK at hitting Coyle in the seam, but when you actually think about the type of throws that he's making, there really isn't much diversity. He needs to learn to throw it away more and not scamper for a loss. He also misses on his reads sometimes and should be giving it to Grice when the DE sits. He hasn't impressed me under pressure either. He has the chance to do really great things for this program but do I think of Taylor Kelly in the same breath as Jake Plummer? No. Danny White? No. Jeff Raphort? No. Rudy Carpenter? Yes.

Rudy sucked lmao had one good year. Kellys arm has gotten stronger since last year, and if you have noticed he has more touch on his deep ball this year. One more off season in the weight room and throwing everyday, coach Norvell wants Kelly in the NFL he will work with his mechanics to make sure hes getting the most on his balls. One thing I love about Kelly is his touch and his zip on the ball, yes he does struggle on that deep ball. But Richard Smith was suppose to be our home run threat. Now hes just getting back into the offense I love his game for next year. Tks arm got much stronger from last year. We saw the potential of his arm strength with the DJ Foster touchdown pass against Colorado and the Rashad Ross touchdown pass vs Navy. His off shoulder throw and timing is beautiful Jalaen Strong is 100% healthy need to get him going early in each game for the rest of the season.

When you look at decision maker and dual threat quarterback. Kelly is the smartest and 2nd best running qb to Plummer.

Last edited by a moderator:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK will be a Heisman candidate next year. Need I say more?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK will be a Heisman candidate next year. Need I say more?

Just like when Plummer came in and tore up Nebraska. :yahoo:

Lets be honest. TK will own Notre Dame next season at home. And will put ASU on the map I have a good feeling about this team next year. Harddison will work hard and will develop into a really good linemen he has all the tools.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like when Plummer came in and tore up Nebraska. :yahoo:

Lets be honest. TK will own Notre Dame next season at home. And will put ASU on the map I have a good feeling about this team next year. Harddison will work hard and will develop into a really good linemen he has all the tools.

We lose a lot next year..

Sutton
Bradford (if he leaves)
Conway
Coleman
Young
Jones
Martin
Darby
Irabor
Nelson

That's basically the entire defense.. Probably a rebuilding year but a young team with a lot of talent. Please don't start the natty talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardison needs to get in better shape and we'll see
Excited to see what Cherry can do
Lots of depth at LB
Ball is going to be a stud
Lots of young talent at DB but extremely unproven

The offense might be the best in the nation though.. I'm not kidding.

Kelly
Foster
Lewis/Williams/Richard
Strong
Whiley/Harvey/Alexander
Jefferson/Smith/Smith
The line is a ?
And we need a damn TE!

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardison needs to get in better shape and we'll see
Excited to see what Cherry can do
Lots of depth at LB
Ball is going to be a stud
Lots of young talent at DB but extremely unproven

The offense might be the best in the nation though.. I'm not kidding.

Kelly
Foster
Lewis/Williams/Richard
Strong
Whiley/Harvey/Alexander
Jefferson/Smith/Smith
The line is a ?
And we need a damn TE!

We have Nelson at TE, I think he'll have a big year next year.

The front 7 will be young but talented. If Bradford comes back I'd like to see a 3 man front most of the year. Any combination of Hood, Hardison, Cherry, Humphreys and Smalwood :hope: could start with Latu coming in against power run teams. Calhoun and Ball both should start. Either one could play spur, Calhoun could also play in the middle and Ball could play safety. Hopefully Bradford comes back to play devilbacker and then Fiso, Mendoza, and Cox would battle for the other two spots.