• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tanaka

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so! when we sign tanaka i think we'll actually have a shot at the post season eh?

let's see .....tanaka, sale, quintana, johnson and danks as a starting rotation. looks decent enough.

but to be frank ... we would have had a serious shot at this guy (superman-like stats) if we hadn't thrown all that money at abreu. does anyone (sane) think the sox wallet could be THAT open?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so! when we sign tanaka i think we'll actually have a shot at the post season eh?

let's see .....tanaka, sale, quintana, johnson and danks as a starting rotation. looks decent enough.

but to be frank ... we would have had a serious shot at this guy (superman-like stats) if we hadn't thrown all that money at abreu. does anyone (sane) think the sox wallet could be THAT open?

Tanaka gets to decide where he plays, and there are teams with more money than the Sox that want him...also, those teams offer him a LOT better chance to win right away (Dodgers, Red Sox, Rangers, Yankees even)

Abreu had nothing to do with it, the chance of the Sox signing Tanaka was zero.

If you look at what the Sox have been up to through the prism of long term building of a winner, to compete in 2015-2016, they look pretty good.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a hard time believing jr would be willing to give a starting pitcher a big long term deal. he has been against it for so long.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a hard time believing jr would be willing to give a starting pitcher a big long term deal. he has been against it for so long.

That too...
But we would never be able to offer him the kind of money others will, nor the chance to win right away, even if JR did like those kinds of deals.

In other words, idseer will have to come up with more plausible reasons to bash the team. I'm pretty sure he's up to the task.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too...
But we would never be able to offer him the kind of money others will, nor the chance to win right away, even if JR did like those kinds of deals.

In other words, idseer will have to come up with more plausible reasons to bash the team. I'm pretty sure he's up to the task.

as if you fingers are on the pulse of what the sox are capable or not capable of doing. or knowing what it might take to get this guy. why do you pretend to know so much?

but how you see this post as a bash on the sox is interesting (not really). i figure this post was close enough for you to think you had a shot to throw a dig at me so why not, huh? you haven't changed a bit ms. same hurt child you were on espn. you need to grow up boy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as i said it's highly unlikely ... but then he's made moves before that suprised us all (albert bell comes to mind and others. ... and didn't he give a long term high money deal to danks? ... a sub .500 starter?).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as if you fingers are on the pulse of what the sox are capable or not capable of doing. or knowing what it might take to get this guy. why do you pretend to know so much?

but how you see this post as a bash on the sox is interesting (not really). i figure this post was close enough for you to think you had a shot to throw a dig at me so why not, huh? you haven't changed a bit ms. same hurt child you were on espn. you need to grow up boy.

:L

You were clearly bashing them with your post claiming because the Sox signed Abreu they couldn't afford to get Tanaka, when in fact they have no shot at Tanaka. Not JUST because they will be outbid, but because Tanaka will want to go to a winner.

I don't make any stronger claims about what the Sox will or won't do than you do. You're being a hypocrite there. And it's kind of common sense that a hot commodity like Tanaka will want to play for a contender, and want to max his contract too. Show me an example of another international stud signing for a rebuilding team that's not the high bid. Actually Abreu himself may be close to an example of that, but the Sox probably were the high bid. And perhaps he wanted a Cuban teammate or two. Not a factor with the Sox for Tanaka (no Japanese players).

You're an angry little man. Why you don't have more fun with this and lighten up is beyond me. It's bullshitting about a sports team. You present yourself here as very critical of the Sox (and the HOF and so much else), and when folks disagree you get all aggro on them. Cheer the heck up! Or don't, whatever.

Now then, let's see what kind of flames shoot out of your keyboard...

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said it's highly unlikely ... but then he's made moves before that suprised us all (albert bell comes to mind and others. ... and didn't he give a long term high money deal to danks? ... a sub .500 starter?).

That deal we can agree was horrible. Not just because he's sub-.500, his more important stats didn't justify that contract either.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

You were clearly bashing them with your post claiming because the Sox signed Abreu they couldn't afford to get Tanaka, when in fact they have no shot at Tanaka. Not JUST because they will be outbid, but because Tanaka will want to go to a winner.

I don't make any stronger claims about what the Sox will or won't do than you do. You're being a hypocrite there. And it's kind of common sense that a hot commodity like Tanaka will want to play for a contender, and want to max his contract too. Show me an example of another international stud signing for a rebuilding team that's not the high bid. Actually Abreu himself may be close to an example of that, but the Sox probably were the high bid. And perhaps he wanted a Cuban teammate or two. Not a factor with the Sox for Tanaka (no Japanese players).

You're an angry little man. Why you don't have more fun with this and lighten up is beyond me. It's bullshitting about a sports team. You present yourself here as very critical of the Sox (and the HOF and so much else), and when folks disagree you get all aggro on them. Cheer the heck up! Or don't, whatever.

Now then, let's see what kind of flames shoot out of your keyboard...

:suds:

brilliant on several levels here .... you make a claim and then provide an immediate counter to that claim.

my posts stand. you don't know anything about anything you've said here. you don't know what tanaka wants or thinks .... you don't know that the sox have no shot at him .... and you don't know anything about me OR my 'anger'. all you seem to know about is how to be an obnoxious dick! you just write in your little bubble and hope for the best. the real question is why you are so taken with me? why the concern?

i seriously doubt anyone here wants to see these childish 'fueds' or whatever they are. my posts and other fan's posts have to do with their thinking on the state of the white sox. i don't attack other posters and i didn't see anyone else doing that here either .... until you came along.

stay on my case and i will see to it that the powers that be here at SportsHoopla are made aware of what you're doing. this isn't espn. THESE people will do something about it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tanaka signed with Chicago, it wouldn't be the White Sox.

This I am positive

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brilliant on several levels here .... you make a claim and then provide an immediate counter to that claim.

my posts stand. you don't know anything about anything you've said here. you don't know what tanaka wants or thinks .... you don't know that the sox have no shot at him .... and you don't know anything about me OR my 'anger'. all you seem to know about is how to be an obnoxious dick! you just write in your little bubble and hope for the best. the real question is why you are so taken with me? why the concern?

i seriously doubt anyone here wants to see these childish 'fueds' or whatever they are. my posts and other fan's posts have to do with their thinking on the state of the white sox. i don't attack other posters and i didn't see anyone else doing that here either .... until you came along.

stay on my case and i will see to it that the powers that be here at SportsHoopla are made aware of what you're doing. this isn't espn. THESE people will do something about it.

Let it go, boy. There's no one here but us anyway.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tanaka signed with Chicago, it wouldn't be the White Sox.

This I am positive

You don't know what Tanaka wants or thinks. You don't know that the Sox have no shot at him. Ask around.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what Tanaka wants or thinks. You don't know that the Sox have no shot at him. Ask around.

i'm not the one who claimed to know anything. that would be you! you KNOW the sox have no shot ... you KNOW tanaka wouldn't want to play for the sox.

you KNOW nothing!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not the one who claimed to know anything. that would be you! you KNOW the sox have no shot ... you KNOW tanaka wouldn't want to play for the sox.

you KNOW nothing!

Dude, these are OPINIONS on a sports message board. We're here to OPINE. Of course none of us KNOWS anything...

And c'mon, you never post anything like you 'know' the Sox ownership sucks, or that the Abreu signing was a bad one, or whatever?

My OPINION is the Sox aren't winning in 2014, but will be good again in 2015. And we never had a shot at Tanaka.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, these are OPINIONS on a sports message board. We're here to OPINE. Of course none of us KNOWS anything...

And c'mon, you never post anything like you 'know' the Sox ownership sucks, or that the Abreu signing was a bad one, or whatever?

My OPINION is the Sox aren't winning in 2014, but will be good again in 2015. And we never had a shot at Tanaka.

the difference is that when i say the sox owner sucks i don't say something along the lines of "msgkings, you really need to get real and stop kissing up to the sox ownership. you obviously think reinsdork is a great owner and you're so clueless about what's going on. in short msgkings, your opinions suck!" do you see the difference? i mean ... these ARE my thoughts about your lack of any real baseball intelligence ... but i refrain from belittling. but, what you want to do is fight. what is it that you can't just state your opinions without dragging my name into it? are you a rl bully? or a bully wanna be and this is one of the few places you can get away with it (for now)?

i'll ask you one more time. keep my name off your posts. grow up and act like a man.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so ...... it appears the sox are still in the hunt even tho the odds don't look promising. they spent some time with tanaka and you don't do that just for kicks .... no matter what anyone else says.
it sure would be a terrific boost to the club and i'd bet season ticket sales would soar (not that they won't already with all the new additions).

come on reinsdorky .... OPEN THAT WALLET!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so ...... it appears the sox are still in the hunt even tho the odds don't look promising. they spent some time with tanaka and you don't do that just for kicks .... no matter what anyone else says.
it sure would be a terrific boost to the club and i'd bet season ticket sales would soar (not that they won't already with all the new additions).

come on reinsdorky .... OPEN THAT WALLET!

Nope. Tanaka may get a blip (moot because they aren't signing Tanaka) in ticket sales, but the guys they brought in? Not so much. Only a real winning team gets attendance to the south side (check 2005-6 vs 2008-10 attendance after adding names like Thome and Dunn). So 2015 at the earliest.

I like how they seem to be focused on the long term, build a winner and the people will come.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, he went to the Yankees. I'm completely shocked.