• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tampa Comes to D.C.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that I am the only one on this board who said that if TH threw with anticipation, he’d be a pretty good qb.

Today was proof of that.

He threw well, and displayed usual high level of moxie, and beat a very good defense.

Sty?
I wanted the first response to be a stand-alone one because you deserved the acknowledgement. That said, it's one game in which both sides of the ball showed up, something that's extremely rare for a Washington team.

Heinicke still remains a very good backup QB for this club because in a "what have you done for me lately" league, his resume' says not a starting level QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted the first response to be a stand-alone one because you deserved the acknowledgement. That said, it's one game in which both sides of the ball showed up, something that's extremely rare for a Washington team.

Heinicke still remains a very good backup QB for this club because in a "what have you done for me lately" league, his resume' says not a starting level QB.
I agree with this. The defense gave TH alot of chances today to cash in. As of right now, yes he is a backup. Can he develop? Maybe. If he plays like this for the rest of the season you know RR is going to want hiim as the starter for 2022. Lets just enjoy today. TH stepped up today. gotta give him credit today. Zero turnover for TH today.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WFT should absolutely look to get a legit starting qb regardless of if TH plays this way for the rest of the year. After all, there are two sides to the “he’s still really a rookie qb,” argument.

All I’m saying is that he flummoxed a very good defense today by throwing with anticipation, making the correct reads, and hustling for yardage when necessary.

Also, he had players make clutch plays: Scary Terry’s across the middle, the fourth down run minus a few oline starters, humphries 3rd down catch, etc.

He is pretty good at diagnosing a defense, and has an upper tier level of escapability and creativity for an nfl qb.

To make up for his average arm, he MUST throw with anticipation.

Just like I said.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WFT should absolutely look to get a legit starting qb regardless of if TH plays this way for the rest of the year. After all, there are two sides to the “he’s still really a rookie qb,” argument.

All I’m saying is that he flummoxed a very good defense today by throwing with anticipation, making the correct reads, and hustling for yardage when necessary.

Also, he had players make clutch plays: Scary Terry’s across the middle, the fourth down run minus a few oline starters, humphries 3rd down catch, etc.

He is pretty good at diagnosing a defense, and has an upper tier level of escapability and creativity for an nfl qb.

To make up for his average arm, he MUST throw with anticipation.

Just like I said.
yep getting a QB is an absolute must

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is fun and interesting to read all of the posts after the game is over.

Great game by the TEAM. Not one guy ... the TEAM.

If you listened to Logan Paulsen in pregame he said the team is close. Turner is doing a great job they just need TH to be a little more on time and a little more accurate.

Way to go WTF.

I think we can save the $40 million plus for Young and Sweat. Team players always mean more than individual player.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game was costly . but now you will find out how giving up pieces of our d/line can hurt us

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. storybook win. i was shocked they won. doesn't mean jack if they come out and lay down in charlotte. will find out where they are at this sunday.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Young needs to get surgery done as soon as possible the longer he waits the longer the rehab and him being out is going to be

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surgery soon