• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superbowl on President's day weekend?

Would you like to see an 18 game schedule, and Superbowl on 3 day weekend?

• Yes, having Monday off after the SB would be awesome!

• Yes, but not because of the holiday, I just like 2 more games of real football

• No, keep it like it is now. Team need at least 3 games of preseason to set their rosters.

• Hell no, go back to 16 games and keep it traditional. Longer seasons change records.

• Couldn't care less as long as there is beer and tater salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell just mentioned he likes the idea of adding yet another game and pushing the Superbowl back to President's day weekend. This would mean only 2 preseason games, but would give us 18 real games. And the best part would be Superbowl would be on a 3 day weekend and most would have Monday off.

Of course, whenever you add a game you impact how all the record books will be altered. Most yards in a season, most TDs in a season, most catches, most wins, etc, etc, will all fall and you could argue it isn't fair to the current record holders and makes future comparisons more difficult. This already happened when the NFL went from 14 to 16 games and people griped then too.

Good idea?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this idea - the Super Bowl weekend should be a holiday anyway - and I like the idea of having 18 regular season games and decreasing the preseason, the preseason is useless and just gets players injured, and more football is just about always a good thing.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's build a gallows and hang Roger Goodell on President's Day Monday.

32 teams and even a 16 week season has left the league seriously short of NFL quality players, particularly at quarterback. Does anyone think there are 32 NFL quarterbacks out there?

And we don’t need any international games at all. Great to spend your bye week in forced recovery from jet lag, huh? Shitty idea.

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of the Super Bowl being on President's Day Weekend...but playing 18 games would be rough on the players. Also means more free wins for whoever is playing the 1 seed late in the season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell just mentioned he likes the idea of adding yet another game and pushing the Superbowl back to President's day weekend. This would mean only 2 preseason games, but would give us 18 real games. And the best part would be Superbowl would be on a 3 day weekend and most would have Monday off.

Of course, whenever you add a game you impact how all the record books will be altered. Most yards in a season, most TDs in a season, most catches, most wins, etc, etc, will all fall and you could argue it isn't fair to the current record holders and makes future comparisons more difficult. This already happened when the NFL went from 14 to 16 games and people griped then too.

Good idea?

The preseason games are useless. That's the part I like.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make more money for the NFL, but there are other ways to make more money for the NFL.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone who doesn’t work for the government get Presidents Day off?

Move the game to a Saturday.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have President's Day off. Along with the other 364 days that is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the day off anyway. I like 18 games and a longer season.

I hope they give each team two bye weeks.
Hate when my teams are on bye but still for it as extends the season to 20 weeks.