• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl XLIX: Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots Game Day Thread

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are likely to lose Maxwell this year, so Lane and Simon will have to step up. They've done a very good job of replacing CBs, but it seems like there has been some fall-off over the past couple years. Lane was killed by Kelvin Benjamin in the divisional round, and Simon was exploited in the SB. They're thinner at CB than they've been in a long time IMO.

Nobody hits 100% on the draft all the time.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nobody hits 100% on the draft all the time.

No, and I'm interested to see how Schneider's most recent drafts play out. Of the past two drafts, he's really only hit on Jordan Hill and Luke Willson. Britt has been passable as a RT, but his pass blocking is poor. Paul Richardson is still a big question mark. Christine Michael has 52 total career rushes (Hyde had 83this year, by comparison). Cassius Marsh and Kevin Norwood did absolutely nothing this year, despite need particularly at Norwood's position. Chris Harper was cut by them and us (two teams desperately in need of WR help). They've got to start getting production out of some of these guys with their young vets getting big contracts.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't clear already, this video tells me that it was all the OC's call. It appears that Pete asks what the play is right before the interception is made. Now, of course, he is still responsible for what they do, how they practice, and getting prepared for the situation. The strategy wasn't thought up in that 30 seconds.

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll wired during Super Bowl XLIX - NFL Videos

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't like Pete, but got to give him props for taking responsibility. I'll be interested to see if keeping Bevell creates any tension. I've noticed a lot of guys who really know football don't think much of Bevell, and I tend to agree. He does some creative things, and I think he's pretty good at cooking up gimmicky plays to take advantage of lesser talent, but his offense is pretty rudimentary.

Thought it was pretty ironic that Jed said he wants to be more like Seattle on offense. Their offense hasn't exactly been lighting the work on fire lately. In terms of the simplicity - compared to the complexity of the Niners' offense over the past four years - I think there's something to say for it. But I'd like to think we can find a happy medium.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Pete, but got to give him props for taking responsibility. I'll be interested to see if keeping Bevell creates any tension. I've noticed a lot of guys who really know football don't think much of Bevell, and I tend to agree. He does some creative things, and I think he's pretty good at cooking up gimmicky plays to take advantage of lesser talent, but his offense is pretty rudimentary.

Thought it was pretty ironic that Jed said he wants to be more like Seattle on offense. Their offense hasn't exactly been lighting the work on fire lately. In terms of the simplicity - compared to the complexity of the Niners' offense over the past four years - I think there's something to say for it. But I'd like to think we can find a happy medium.

Jed should really just STFU and leave the x and o 's to the coaching staff to discuss strategy. Jed is not a football person and I just don't think it comes off very well. From everything I've read, it doesn't appear they are going to copy Seattle per se, but they want to get rid of the multiple formations, etc that were under Roman

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And now it turns out Earl Thomas is out 6-8 months with a torn labrum. If he isn't 100% come opening day, that'll hurt their D badly. He may be their most important player. That secondary is incredibly banged up, though they've got plenty of time to recover. And lots of "Adderall" to speed up the process.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it turns out Earl Thomas is out 6-8 months with a torn labrum. If he isn't 100% come opening day, that'll hurt their D badly. He may be their most important player. That secondary is incredibly banged up, though they've got plenty of time to recover. And lots of "Adderall" to speed up the process.

You never really know how those turn out. I recall both Iupati and Davis having offseason surgeries. Both were expected to be ready by the following season and neither really were

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jed should really just STFU and leave the x and o 's to the coaching staff to discuss strategy. Jed is not a football person and I just don't think it comes off very well. From everything I've read, it doesn't appear they are going to copy Seattle per se, but they want to get rid of the multiple formations, etc that were under Roman

to me Jed really didn't say much cause the Coaching staff has to do what they have to do. They'll go into the season with a certain base offense, but will have to adjust throughout the season.

in the big picture, do want to remain similar (not exactly the same) to what we've been doing under Harbaugh. Just so happens it is similar to Seattle - strong running game and solid defense. The difference is the type of passing routes each team leans on, since Wilson and Kaep have different strengths.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You never really know how those turn out. I recall both Iupati and Davis having offseason surgeries. Both were expected to be ready by the following season and neither really were

Yeah, Bowman, too. Though he wasn't expected until mid-season or so.

This is the same injury that Harvin had so much trouble returning from in 2013.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me Jed really didn't say much cause the Coaching staff has to do what they have to do. They'll go into the season with a certain base offense, but will have to adjust throughout the season.

Below is the article where this came from and the bolded part is what this is about

in the big picture, do want to remain similar (not exactly the same) to what we've been doing under Harbaugh. Just so happens it is similar to Seattle - strong running game and solid defense. The difference is the type of passing routes each team leans on, since Wilson and Kaep have different strengths.

York cited the Seahawks’ relatively simple approaches on offense and defense as mindsets he wants the 49ers to adopt.

So instead of opening up the playbook, the new 49ers figure to eliminate certain sections of the offense – most likely, a good number of the shifts, pre-snap adjustments and multiple play calls in the huddle.

"You look at Seattle," York said. "They have a fairly simple philosophy on both sides of the ball. But they let their players make plays. There is something to be said for that. I think you’ll see a lot of that from us."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if York were a great football mind, we'd want him to let the coach coach. And even if we said that he was a Walsh type, hypothetically (I know he isn't), and wanted him to give his input, I wouldn't want him telling the media what our approach will be.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bowman, too. Though he wasn't expected until mid-season or so.

This is the same injury that Harvin had so much trouble returning from in 2013.

Exactly. What I've learned is long-term timetables are sketchy

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if York were a great football mind, we'd want him to let the coach coach. And even if we said that he was a Walsh type, hypothetically (I know he isn't), and wanted him to give his input, I wouldn't want him telling the media what our approach will be.

He isn't a football person. You're right, leave that stuff up to the coaches

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Harvin's was the labrum in the hip vs. the shoulder. I'd think for a DB the shoulder is easier to come back from.

Anything type of leg injury even the hip where you have to put your weight on it can be tricky

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he said that. He's a dipshit who doesn't know fuck-all about football, but he watched them win the SB last year.

That's the guy in charge. All 9er fans should be VERY concerned about this. At least Al Davis and Jerry Jones witnessed SB wins. I wouldn't let this clown (Jed; I love that his name is 'Jed') change the litter in my cat's box.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I take from this is the following scenario:

JED: Why are we struggling to get the plays out on time...AWESOME!!!!! NACHOS!!!!! Let me get some of them!! (as the VIP box has nachos delivered from the private kitchen). So...munchmunchmunch...what do you guys think of monarch butterflies? I...munchmunchmunch...think they're pretty...munchmunchmunch...

Why is this guy's opinion given any weight at all? He's CLUELESS. He keeps demonstrating it every time he opens his mouth.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair, if the accounts of the playcalling under Harbaugh are accurate, there's some serious dysfunction in that. I would not have moved on from him given the option, but the offense underperformed under him.

Not defending Jed at all. He has sounded like a moron recently and is not doing the franchise all that many favors. Just saying....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I take from this is the following scenario:

JED: Why are we struggling to get the plays out on time...AWESOME!!!!! NACHOS!!!!! Let me get some of them!! (as the VIP box has nachos delivered from the private kitchen). So...munchmunchmunch...what do you guys think of monarch butterflies? I...munchmunchmunch...think they're pretty...munchmunchmunch...

Why is this guy's opinion given any weight at all? He's CLUELESS. He keeps demonstrating it every time he opens his mouth.

Not any weight? That's harsh. I would trust him in letting me know if the nachos were any good. But they're free for him, so maybe not.