• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVI: Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals Thread

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All but one ( Packers) of the Bengals loses during the season were to non playoff teams . All Rams loses during the season were to playoff teams.
Rams fan here so biased but I don't see Burrow getting away from the Rams pass rush. Rams D line was able to chase Kyler Murray and he's was more slippery than Joe. So I think Begals will be throwing quick short passes which keeps their talented WR out of long play possibilities.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All but one ( Packers) of the Bengals loses during the season were to non playoff teams . All Rams loses during the season were to playoff teams.
Rams fan here so biased but I don't see Burrow getting away from the Rams pass rush. Rams D line was able to chase Kyler Murray and he's was more slippery than Joe. So I think Begals will be throwing quick short passes which keeps their talented WR out of long play possibilities.
I tend to agree mostly and honestly, the Rams should win. The only thing I would say is it's not really about Burrow getting away from the rush. He will likely get hit often and sacked but I don't see Burrow getting rattled or panicking like Murray did. I think the kid will still make some plays and make smarter decisions than Murray or Garrapolo. Mixon and Perrine will need to have big games too for Cinci to pull off the upset.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the biggest games of his career, and he has been pretty great besides a few bad throws this whole postseason.
So, you're saying he's due!

;)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we let you all in the playoffs to expose the Cowboys and Aaron Rodgers for sheer enjoyment. Then we finally got it done vs you guys
Cut it a little too close didn't they? If Tartt hadn't somehow dropped that impossible to drop INT, the game would have been over. The Rams did well but there simply is no way I could ever root for them in the Super Bowl

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut it a little too close didn't they? If Tartt hadn't somehow dropped that impossible to drop INT, the game would have been over.
No, it wouldn't. There 9+ minutes left, with Niner clinging to a 3 point lead. Ramsey had the bigger drop, he dropped the ball in field goal of San Fran area. Tartt"s drop would of needed another 50 yards to get in field goal territory

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it wouldn't. There 9+ minutes left, with Niner clinging to a 3 point lead. Ramsey had the bigger drop, he dropped the ball in field goal of San Fran area. Tartt"s drop would of needed another 50 yards to get in field goal territory
You are probably right but I think the momentum would have shifted with Stafford pulling his normal goof at the end of the game. We'll never know but still the bottom line is the Rams got it done when needed and the 49ers didn't.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut it a little too close didn't they? If Tartt hadn't somehow dropped that impossible to drop INT, the game would have been over. The Rams did well but there simply is no way I could ever root for them in the Super Bowl

If and butts. If and butts. Ok we down 6 gotta score TD…. More IFs

Would could play that game in many of our matchups

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and butts. If and butts. Ok we down 6 gotta score TD…. More IFs

Would could play that game in many of our matchups
Yep. Sometimes it comes down to one or two plays. Rams made em, Niners didn’t

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think on paper the Rams should pose too many challenges.... But I think I said that about KC twice as well (more with their offense). Every Bengal loss has come down to turnovers. The sacks and pressure add up, but it's only been turnovers that have stopped the Bengals.

Stafford will give the Bengals a few opportunities.... If they can keep up their recent trend of forcing picks, they have a good chance. If Stafford plays a clean game, I think it makes it an uphill battle.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Matthew is all I can say. Sorry @Battlelyon but these guys that post all this analytics crap on twitter annoy the fuck out of me. It means absolutely nothing in this upcoming game. It's about adjustments and changing trends and matchups between men on the field. Cinci's defense has gotten better in these playoffs because they have been well coached and have played smart. Made the right adjustments in game and been opportunistic.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think on paper the Rams should pose too many challenges.... But I think I said that about KC twice as well (more with their offense). Every Bengal loss has come down to turnovers. The sacks and pressure add up, but it's only been turnovers that have stopped the Bengals.

Stafford will give the Bengals a few opportunities.... If they can keep up their recent trend of forcing picks, they have a good chance. If Stafford plays a clean game, I think it makes it an uphill battle.
I agree @cincygrad . Obviously, the Rams are and should be heavy favorites. But if the Bengals can keep or get it close toward the 4th quarter, one mistake by the Rams here or there could be huge. It always is in these big games.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have only 11 players from that 2018 Super Bowl still on the roster

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20220205_174007.jpg

Rams are underdogs, nice...

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KCs problem is Mahomes is in love with hero ball and making spectacular plays. He didn't get points right before the half and kept shrugging off the safe 7-9 yard throws and instead ran around trying to hit a big play. They didn't run at all in the second half even when up by more than two TDs. I don't see the Rams and McVay doing that. Burrow got away with a few bad passes in the KC game so he's not above throwing pics.