• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suicide Squad 2: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this a million times before and I will say this a million times again. What Marvel has done right with casting their characters is that they find low end actors that aren't stars that will commit to playing a characters for a decade. Robert Downey Jr was a nobody before Iron Man, Chris Evans was a nobody before Captain America, Chris Hemsworth was a nobody before Thor. They learned from having to replace people like Terrence Howard and Edward Norton that you cant depend on higher level actors to stick to a role.

Will Smith to pay deadshot was a stupid move, Ben Affleck as batman and even Robert Patterson was a dumb move. Robert Pattinson from what I read during COVID isn't getting fit enough to play the role. Marvel is taking their sweet time to find the next wolverine because they are definitely trying to find someone that will play the role for the next 10-15 years.

RDJ was always known as an accomplished actor but his drug problem reduced his opportunities greatly. Chris Evans was already a Leading man before CA. I get your point though. They didnt have their brands or niches yet. Having guys who make tens of millions with their own niche already is a waste I agree.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC FanDome "Roll Call" cast reveal:

Last edited:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC FanDome exclusive sneak peek:

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cast looks fun. But WAY too big. DC has no awareness of moderation. If DC were a druggie, they would OD before even injecting the drugs. They would die from a heart attack just anticipating the drugs.

Moderation and anticipation. That is what made the MCU such a success.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cast looks fun. But WAY too big. DC has no awareness of moderation. If DC were a druggie, they would OD before even injecting the drugs. They would die from a heart attack just anticipating the drugs.

Moderation and anticipation. That is what made the MCU such a success.

I think its pretty obvious a lot of the cast is gonna go bye bye early on in the movie

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this a million times before and I will say this a million times again. What Marvel has done right with casting their characters is that they find low end actors that aren't stars that will commit to playing a characters for a decade. Robert Downey Jr was a nobody before Iron Man, Chris Evans was a nobody before Captain America, Chris Hemsworth was a nobody before Thor. They learned from having to replace people like Terrence Howard and Edward Norton that you cant depend on higher level actors to stick to a role.

Will Smith to pay deadshot was a stupid move, Ben Affleck as batman and even Robert Patterson was a dumb move. Robert Pattinson from what I read during COVID isn't getting fit enough to play the role. Marvel is taking their sweet time to find the next wolverine because they are definitely trying to find someone that will play the role for the next 10-15 years.

I don’t think it is the actors necessarily. Marvel was able to hook viewers in because 95% of the public didn’t know squat about the Avengers. DC had the disadvantage of having Superman and Batman which 95% of the population know there backstories. It’s hard to bring a universe together when Batman and Superman have had blockbuster movies with numerous actors and two successful shows as opposed to the Avengers who had a Hulk show back in the day.

Had the DCEU started their universe off with Wonder Woman and then the other characters with Superman and Batman making cameos building to the Justice League they would be doing better.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it is the actors necessarily. Marvel was able to hook viewers in because 95% of the public didn’t know squat about the Avengers. DC had the disadvantage of having Superman and Batman which 95% of the population know there backstories. It’s hard to bring a universe together when Batman and Superman have had blockbuster movies with numerous actors and two successful shows as opposed to the Avengers who had a Hulk show back in the day.

Had the DCEU started their universe off with Wonder Woman and then the other characters with Superman and Batman making cameos building to the Justice League they would be doing better.

Interesting concept to start off with the lower characters first before introducing the face of the franchise in Batman and Superman. Either way they should have introduced each character with their own film before putting together a movie where they are all collaborating together as a team.

I just think it would be weird if Robert Downey Jr didn't want to play iron man after the second movie and by the time endgame happened they already casted 2 other people to play that role. By the time we have a justice league 2 movie I wouldn't be surprised if we would have a different superman or flash or whoever.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that people are only knocking DC's casting mistakes. I do agree their casting is trash, but possibly moreso I think their writers have also been garbage. The Joker aside, DC has been glaringly bad in the writing department. Wonder Woman was the only other movie that comes close.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting concept to start off with the lower characters first before introducing the face of the franchise in Batman and Superman. Either way they should have introduced each character with their own film before putting together a movie where they are all collaborating together as a team.

I just think it would be weird if Robert Downey Jr didn't want to play iron man after the second movie and by the time endgame happened they already casted 2 other people to play that role. By the time we have a justice league 2 movie I wouldn't be surprised if we would have a different superman or flash or whoever.

Sure, but in DC you couldn’t do the best two character since their stories have been told to death. Marvel in a way lucked out that the Avengers was for only hardcore comics fans. If you polled the country in 1973 about Captain America, I’m guessing 80% of people polled would’ve said Roger Stabauch, even if the nickname did come from a comic book.

I get the keeping the same actors for roles but it is different doing the Marvel B squad from the Marvel studios who was able to spend all of their time on the MCU. It is much different with DC because villains for Batman and Superman are just as good as the Avengers. So it would take about 20 movies of character development to blow it off with a solid justice league. Warner Brothers could have pulled it off but it would’ve taken an entire department working on it non stop when Christian Bale was in the works but it is hard to ask an actor to sign a 20 movie contract. It’s like shit, Ben Affleck got to play Batman was 3 time in the DCEU but had to quit because of #metoo. So much stuff can go wrong but Marvel did it perfectly by having back stories that wouldn’t born the masses because they didn’t know. Only thing Marvel did wrong was make Captain Marvel and luckily for them End Game was already in motion.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire magazine The Suicide Squad December 2020 newsstand cover:

empire-december-2020-cover.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire magazine The Suicide Squad December 2020 subscription cover:

empire-december-2020-subscriber-cover.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire magazine The Suicide Squad promo photo:

the-suicide-squad-excl-2-crop.jpg

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still find it funny how DC was so quick to hire James Gunn as soon as those ********* tweets surfaced and he had problems with Disney in filming Guardians of the Galaxy 3. DC was like we don't give a damn about no ********* tweets come save that trash suicide movie and make us some money.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Gunn confirms on Instagram that Sylvester Stallone will be in The Suicide Squad:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer (red-band):

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another DC movie to get excited about... Another future letdown.

Trailer was awesome.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not familiar with DC stuff too much, is Idris Elba picking up for Will Smith or is this a different character altogether?

Also, what happened to the fire guy? Just leaving him out?