• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sugar Bowl #10 Oklahoma vs #3 Alabama

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Bama would do well to look at the OU/Texas tape and mimic it. Bama should be able to run right at OU. YOu do not want to attack them through the air.

Just to start with, knowing OU will be doing everything to stop the run. If you have one of the most balanced offenses for the past 5 years, take advantage of it. After you get them on their toes run right at them and continue to throw just enough to keep them wondering. They do look vulnerable to the run, and I say run it, but it's how you get to it we might be disagreeing about.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A goddamn year....:L

Crimson_King put it on me. I was just too damn cocky.

I got lucky! He wanted points and for a year. I said for a week I would give him points for a year it would have to be straight up. I would have lost either way. Whew! Thank goodness he didn't take it!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to start with, knowing OU will be doing everything to stop the run. If you have one of the most balanced offenses for the past 5 years, take advantage of it. After you get them on their toes run right at them and continue to throw just enough to keep them wondering. They do look vulnerable to the run, and I say run it, but it's how you get to it we might be disagreeing about.
-
OU secondary is legit. Backhalf of the defense is solid. The DL is historically bad for OU. You can hit them over the top on double moves, but that is after you make the belly soft by running inside. Just a terrible match up for OU.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Bama has some focus tonight. They're not playing for the crystal football, so they're sometimes subject to a let-down game in bowls like this.

Not sandbagging ... just stating the obvious.
I think you always need to worry about that in these situations where a team did not realize a very realistic goal. But in turn, I think it helps that they are playing an elite program. I don't see this as a vs Utah situation.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
OU secondary is legit. Backhalf of the defense is solid. The DL is historically bad for OU. You can hit them over the top on double moves, but that is after you make the belly soft by running inside. Just a terrible match up for OU.

If that's the case I like the idea of seeing play action bombs to Cooper, Norwood, Jones or White. That's right up their alley!

I do think OU might see Derrick Henry at RB splitting back up carries with Drake for a strong inside runner. Keep an eye out for #27. He has only run real late in mop up duty so far.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you always need to worry about that in these situations where a team did not realize a very realistic goal. But in turn, I think it helps that they are playing an elite program. I don't see this as a vs Utah situation.

I've always liked OU and will often pull for them when I see them play. They're a class-act, and IMO have a lot in common with Bama. So while I'd like to see the Tide win tonight, hoping primarily for a clean, hard-fought game with no injuries.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 'Bama has way more talent than us.
2. 'Bama is bigger in every position.
3. 'Bama has scored more and allowed less (avg).

So, with that established...any sane person would admit that OU doesn't have a very good chance at being competitive in this game...let alone winning. Here are the only things we have going for us:

1. Speed. Bigger = slower by definition. If we can make the corners on offense, and pursue well on defense, we can be competitive for the first half at least.

2. The unknown.
Offensively: Heupel, for all his shortcomings, has demonstrated the ability late in the season to think "outside the box". Implementation of "trick" plays (which in our case can be anything from a simple misdirection play or a counter to a fake FG) and execution of said trickerations could keep us within a couple of scores.

Defensively: Mike, Tim and Jerry have been exceptional this year in patching together the best of a bad situation in injuries and very youthful personnel. It's a no-brainer that we're going to load the box up and bring Striker on every other play. If Sanchez and Colvin play well with some help from Lynn and Hayes it could be a fun game to watch.

3. Sooner Magic. Don't ever doubt it.

I'm jazzed to play one of the few programs worthy of admiration and praise from an OU fan's perspective. It's rare air up here and Alabama is one of the teams we share it with.

Here's to a great game! :suds:

BOOMER!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can not wait for this game. Couple of big time programs in a big time game.

Should be a good one.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, with that established...any sane person would admit that OU doesn't have a very good chance at being competitive in this game...let alone winning. Here are the only things we have going for us:

1. Speed. Bigger = slower by definition. If we can make the corners on offense, and pursue well on defense, we can be competitive for the first half at least.

2. The unknown.
Offensively: Heupel, for all his shortcomings, has demonstrated the ability late in the season to think "outside the box". Implementation of "trick" plays (which in our case can be anything from a simple misdirection play or a counter to a fake FG) and execution of said trickerations could keep us within a couple of scores.

Defensively: Mike, Tim and Jerry have been exceptional this year in patching together the best of a bad situation in injuries and very youthful personnel. It's a no-brainer that we're going to load the box up and bring Striker on every other play. If Sanchez and Colvin play well with some help from Lynn and Hayes it could be a fun game to watch.

I'm jazzed to play one of the few programs worthy of admiration and praise from an OU fan's perspective. It's rare air up here and Alabama is one of the teams we share it with.

BOOMER!

:suds:

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. The unknown.

BOOMER!

well said . OU can win i hope it is a good game ou needs to play smart .

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When these two teams run onto the field tonight to start the telecast I promise you will feel the power from all the tradition both programs bring!!! :clap:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loaded up on this game (if you could call it a "a game").

IMO this will be a shitshow.

GL Oklahoma seriously. :suds:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When these two teams run onto the field tonight to start the telecast I promise you will feel the power from all the tradition both programs bring!!! :clap:

:puke:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last two times OU and Alabama played each other the team with less talent hung around and made life miserable for the team ranked #2 one year and #1 the next year. The favorite had to pull trick plays to put those games away. And the team going through hard times felt damn good about itself for playing so well. I'm looking for the same thing tonight when the roles are reversed. Now a so-so Oklahoma team is playing an excellent Alabama team. Hope we show the same grit and determination Alabama showed when they were the underdogs....but let's face it: Alabama is the top program in the country right now and it's going to be tough. With a little luck Alabama will only be yelling "Roll Tide" instead of "Roll Tsunami".

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only advantage OU has is the kicking game. That's the only reason the Sooners beat Oklahoma St. If they can pin Bama deep a lot and get a run back or two and then not turn the ball over they might be able to hang around.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope OU blocks two punts and runs them back for touchdowns to win.

or

Runs a field goal attempt back with one second left on the clock to win.

or

They run a reverse in the red zone to win.

or

Whoever is number 34 goes over the top to score and win.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope OU blocks two punts and runs them back for touchdowns to win.

or

Runs a field goal attempt back with one second left on the clock to win.

or

They run a reverse in the red zone to win.

or

Whoever is number 34 goes over the top to score and win.

I see what you're doing there WT so back at you!

or Alabama wins something like 49-0. 42-14 or 36-0! :nod: