• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve McMichael

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the famed 85 Bears team is In the ntensive care with sepsis pneumonia,who already has ALS.......may not be good if its being reported by ESPN.......

Only 65 yrs old........not much older than I.....

Get well Mongo!!

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve McMichaels health is improving......sepsis,pneumonia and als is taking a toll on him.
He is looking old and frail....once a 280 ib def tackle,now down to around 150......
Hes a seniors finalist for next years HOF......Hopefully he gets the chance to get in and be able to see him get in......

I know some of you guys,if not most probably seen him play,but he fit the bill of the different characters that mid 80s Bears team had......if you didnt,you wouls of loved him......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Deven Hester,the GOAT returner......well deserved...... :clap:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the Steve McMichael story this morning......??

It was a tear jerker,just as I figured.....
Melissa Stark choked up as well as Rex Ryan tears falling with his head in his hands........

A guy yhat was 3rd on the alltime sack list when retired,has lost all muscle mass,not able to speak only thru a computerized screen,bed ridden,but still has his mind........

His wife says he will be going to the HOF induction,he may die before then,on the way there or even on stage,but he has it set he wants to be there.......

It will be another tear jerker,I promise.

:rain:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melissa Stark choked up as well as Rex Ryan tears falling with his head in his hands........

A guy yhat was 3rd on the alltime sack list when retired,has lost all muscle mass,not able to speak only thru a computerized screen,bed ridden,but still has his mind........

His wife says he will be going to the HOF induction,he may die before then,on the way there or even on stage,but he has it set he wants to be there.......

I saw it. I remember him playing, it was tough to watch.

And with 95 sacks why he's not in the HOF makes no sense. He was a great player.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it. I remember him playing, it was tough to watch.

And with 95 sacks why he's not in the HOF makes no sense. He was a great player.

I watched him as well......I was 23 in 85......
And never realized he was a top 3 sack leader career wise.
Its just so sad to see life just shrivel us away like that.....one minute your on top of the world,next thing you know life has just passed you by....

Im one that that doesnt care about these people,but this one got me.....infact last time it had an impact on me was when Walter Payton got sick......that was a very huge saddened time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched him as well......I was 23 in 85......
And never realized he was a top 3 sack leader career wise.
Its just so sad to see life just shrivel us away like that.....one minute your on top of the world,next thing you know life has just passed you by....

Im one that that doesnt care about these people,but this one got me.....infact last time it had an impact on me was when Walter Payton got sick......that was a very huge saddened time.

That ALS is just awful. And Walter's passing. The league and all real football fans lost a great player and an even better person way too young.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah man...I cried like a baby...running nose and all...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah man...I cried like a baby...running nose and all...

I didnt have the nose part,but had a few tears.....had to try and act like a tough guy in front of the wife was all.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ALS is just awful. And Walter's passing. The league and all real football fans lost a great player and an even better person way too young.

I guess when you think of your childhood idols,you always think of them growing very old before father time gets you,not because of a dreaded disease that dwindle you away at a young age........