• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STEELERS VS VIKINGS HALL OF FAME GAME

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knee-jerk reactions:

PROS
*Shazier looked nasty out there. Quite the impressive game for him.
*Villanueva looked solid. Made some great blocks in both the running & passing game.
*D-line looked stout.
*Landry looked somewhat improved, but nothing great. Accuracy looked better. WR's did him no favors tonight.

CONS
*WRs looked awful tonight. 5 dropped passes, and 2 were possible TDs. Not many "made a play". Phillips' 30 yd 1-hand grab was the only highlight.
*Dupree didn't impress at all.
*O-line depth did a miserable job of protecting.
*Suisham injured his knee. Didn't return to the game. Fingers crossed!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see that Jeff Reed was kicked out of the stadium tonight for "disorderly conduct" lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see that Jeff Reed was kicked out of the stadium tonight for "disorderly conduct" lol

LOL I was just about to post that.

As for the game I didn't mind Jones at QB but sad to think how much you appreciate Gradkowski as a backup. Jones career unfortunately I think is over this preseason.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I was just about to post that.

As for the game I didn't mind Jones at QB but sad to think how much you appreciate Gradkowski as a backup. Jones career unfortunately I think is over this preseason.
Jones looked ok tonight. His accuracy still looked somewhat shaky. We would have a better glimpse of any progress if the WRs were catching everything tonight. 5 drops and 2 were for TDs. That makes it pretty damn hard to gauge anything. And once the backup O-line came in it was asses & elbows from then on. Jones started to look scared in the pocket lol.

He did enough to convince the coaches to keep the training wheels on for a few more games. But I do believe the Landry Jones experiment is going to end this preseason. Or at least I hope it will lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty nice game for vikes.

Good opening drive by the starters. The biggest shrimp in the league won't be running it up the middle on 4th and 1 during the season.

Diggs...still impressing.

Nice D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on me...I didn't see the game, but I did watch the highlights.

Hopefully the LBs recognize a TE moving across the middle when the games start for real...hopefully Suisham is not longer term, but I would sit him the rest of the way...get another kicker in here while you can have 90.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so last night was pathetic ... but generally we do not do well in pre season .. I just hope that they show improvement on friday the 14th

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knee-jerk reactions:

PROS
*Shazier looked nasty out there. Quite the impressive game for him.
*Villanueva looked solid. Made some great blocks in both the running & passing game.
*D-line looked stout.
*Landry looked somewhat improved, but nothing great. Accuracy looked better. WR's did him no favors tonight.

CONS
*WRs looked awful tonight. 5 dropped passes, and 2 were possible TDs. Not many "made a play". Phillips' 30 yd 1-hand grab was the only highlight.
*Dupree didn't impress at all.
*O-line depth did a miserable job of protecting.
*Suisham injured his knee. Didn't return to the game. Fingers crossed!!!

Didn't see it Face, but in the highlights I watched I agree in Shazier...OL top 5 or 6 has to stay intact again this year.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get excited for pre-season games at first but then I watch and become very aware that it is a pre-season game and get bored. Then I switch back to baseball again. :lol:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it Face, but in the highlights I watched I agree in Shazier...OL top 5 or 6 has to stay intact again this year.
You would have been surprised by Villanueva's performance. He looked the part out there. If he can continue to improve like he is doing, then I think Adams is going to be unemployed by the end of the month lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
villanueva has a real shot to be good

shazier is so fast..........

coates is a burner, with stone hands

Tuitt is gonna be good

Landry Jones is atrocius

16-32 hundred some yards and an int come on man

We got some big legs on those punters

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty nice game for vikes.

Good opening drive by the starters. The biggest shrimp in the league won't be running it up the middle on 4th and 1 during the season.

Diggs...still impressing.

Nice D
twas actual mckinnon who impressed me

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have been surprised by Villanueva's performance. He looked the part out there. If he can continue to improve like he is doing, then I think Adams is going to be unemployed by the end of the month lol.

Hopefully he continues to progress, Adams could be in jeopardy as you say...what do you think?...7 or 8 OL are kept?...the flex c/g is one, LT/swing OT, plus one more. If they go with 8 (dress 7)...they might keep Adams.

I heard/read Jesse James had a tough game.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he continues to progress, Adams could be in jeopardy as you say...what do you think?...7 or 8 OL are kept?...the flex c/g is one, LT/swing OT, plus one more. If they go with 8 (dress 7)...they might keep Adams.

Yes, Jesse had quite the stone hands too. Hope that goes away real freakin soon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking they roll with 8 again this season. And yea that would mean Adams could be kept around. Forgot about that! Beach, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Wallace (C/G), Villanueva (Swing T), and 1 more (either C/G like Hubbard again, or another swing T like Adams).

Jesse had a miserable game indeed. Dropped a TD pass, then later bobbled a catch that went directly into the hands of a defender for an INT. That INT was not Landry's fault. He had some flags thrown because of him as well. Couple of really bad blocks. Not the most inspiring performance lol. Tomlin said it best when asked about what he has to say about Jesse's performance: "Knuckle up. This is Sunday ball. This is not Saturday ball. That’s what I say to him.”