• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting Pitching Miracles

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wandy's last game was a one inning effort(taxing the pen) loss on june 5.
after an off day, we won the next game(liriano),
then burnett won the last start before his injury.

our #1 and #2 down, and they are our 2 steady the ship vets.
#3 mcdonald already inconsistent and on the DL.
#4 sanchez washed out and off the team.
everybody holds their breath, our BP already overworked, then here is what happened.

since wandy's last game, we havent just played .500, or even continued our prior good winning play.

what we have done is go 12-5 (burnett was 1 win in his last start before his DL).

so the young guys (liriano is only 29) have gone 11-5 under duress, and our BP continues to be phenomenal.

if we can continue to develop and attain that kind of pitching, we are in every game, series, and pennant race.

the fact that they are young and not even hitting their ceiling yet (except for liriano although 29, seems to be redefing himself) is incredibly hope filling and inspiring.

am i drinking the grain spiked koolaid or does anyone else see this the same way?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, every starter we have at the moment, it could be argued, is pitching better than expected. Locke? No one saw best ERA in the NL coming. Liriano? Reclamation project, performing very well. Gomez? Yeah, like you saw that. Cole? Well, maybe we saw that coming. Morton? People didn't even expect to see him back.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Locke was never by anyone penned as someone that would be this good lucky or consistent.

Liriano had fantastic strikeout numbers last year in the AL... So he was still making bats miss... A lot of people thought switching to the NL facing the pitcher and pitching at PNC would help him...

But to be fair some so called experts also said Liriano as was washed up and would be nothing special this season.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We mostly all were calling for Cole... So that is no surprise that he has been able to come along and help out.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thankfully Wandy is about ready to come back!!! They need to get to the all star break with no injuries.. and use the time to rest.. Especially the bullpen.. Then after the break Wandy will be back...

Gomez will be in the pen for the rest of the season likely.. and I wonder if they will put cole in the bullpen and have him throw 99 in the 7th and 8th to help give Grilli and Melancon a break

93 miles per hour for a change up... HOLY SHIT

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cancel that... Saw that wandy is shut down....