• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that? Doesn’t look familiar.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that thoroughly sucked. Allow me to take you through the script for the finale:

Token Fennec exposition line outlining shit we already know because if you're watching this you've seen what's happened so far.

Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew.

Bad dialogue.

Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew.

Plot hole.

Bad dialogue.
Bad dialogue.

Kill off most interesting villain since Maul.

Bad dialogue.

Grogu is cute.

Fin.

A fitting end for a fucking boring chapter.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to go back to catch the tag. It's the Mod surgeon with Cobb Vanth in the bacta tank.

A meh tag for a meh show.
I caught Cobb in the tank, just didn’t recognize the surgeon. Gotcha.

I thought the bacta tank in use was going to be a lazy plot hole. Glad they filled that one in.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only beef with the last episode is that it was too one-sided. Too much plot armor hurts these types of sequences. All of the good guys are fine and all of the bad guys dead. Im good with a lot of dumb action but you can't make it too dumb

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodriguez basically took all of the goodwill built up from the previous 2 episodes and just threw it into a big dumb action sequence.

Maybe Star Wars is just for kids afterall.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodriguez basically took all of the goodwill built up from the previous 2 episodes and just threw it into a big dumb action sequence.

Nah. It's still for everyone.

It's just Robert Rodriguez shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Star Wars properties ever again

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always has been. Always will be.

But there is enough legit story telling to attract an adult audience as well.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of the beta male mods die? I know a few got shot but not sure if any were confirmed dead. I don't mind the leader chick too much but would like her more if the rest died and they just kept her.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the mechanic chick I'm asking Mando where the fuck the Naboo fighter ship she hooked him up with was and why he had to hitch a ride on her droid contraption. Nice of Boba Fett to remember he had a rancor back at the palace, but between him, Mando and everyone else they completely forgot they had 2 fighter ships? I mean Boba was even reminded about shooting down those bikers and it still didn't occur to him?

I get it that it wouldn't be much of an episode if they just blew everyone away with them but maybe they could have come up with some reason why they were neutralized or unavailable. They spent half an episode about Mando getting his ship, fixing it up and taking it for a joyride and then it isn't even paid off on this show. Which means he's actually going to keep it for his own show despite it being pretty useless for his lifestyle.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the mechanic chick I'm asking Mando where the fuck the Naboo fighter ship she hooked him up with was and why he had to hitch a ride on her droid contraption. Nice of Boba Fett to remember he had a rancor back at the palace, but between him, Mando and everyone else they completely forgot they had 2 fighter ships? I mean Boba was even reminded about shooting down those bikers and it still didn't occur to him?

I get it that it wouldn't be much of an episode if they just blew everyone away with them but maybe they could have come up with some reason why they were neutralized or unavailable. They spent half an episode about Mando getting his ship, fixing it up and taking it for a joyride and then it isn't even paid off on this show. Which means he's actually going to keep it for his own show despite it being pretty useless for his lifestyle.
But it goes fast, which Grogu thinks is pretty rad…

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole idea of fighting in the city never made a ton of sense. It was a regime change so mixing yourself in with the citizens is actually the cowardly thing to do. Boba was banning a major item of trade. His rancor caused more damage than the Syndicate did. The town should hate him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole idea of fighting in the city never made a ton of sense. It was a regime change so mixing yourself in with the citizens is actually the cowardly thing to do. Boba was banning a major item of trade. His rancor caused more damage than the Syndicate did. The town should hate him.
He took the time to go back to his compound, and came back riding a Rancor.

Not his Firespray ship that could make quick precision work out of those two droids. He took an animal.

I know it was fun to watch the battle, but that was a really stupid decision.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Star Wars show so anyone disappointed with writing, acting or directing is watching the wrong programing.
The show itself wasn't very good but the final episode was awesome.
Yahoo ride the wild rancor

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, you have 2 starfighters that could've really made this easier, but you don't use them or even explain why you didn't use them. That's a glaring plot hole. It's like they're trying to ruin the character that is Boba Fett.

The previous two episodes were so good--and had little-to-nothing to do with the BOBF--that they made BOBF look like a poorly-written show. And the finale really drove that home.

If there is going to be a second season of BOBF, I might wait on the reviews before I bother watching them. We'll have to see what happens with Kenobi, coming out in may.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, you have 2 starfighters that could've really made this easier, but you don't use them or even explain why you didn't use them. That's a glaring plot hole. It's like they're trying to ruin the character that is Boba Fett.

The previous two episodes were so good--and had little-to-nothing to do with the BOBF--that they made BOBF look like a poorly-written show. And the finale really drove that home.

If there is going to be a second season of BOBF, I might wait on the reviews before I bother watching them. We'll have to see what happens with Kenobi, coming out in may.
I kind of felt they were testing the waters on what the fans liked and didn't like.
There was obviously a lot of fan service here and they sacrificed some of the Boba Fett plot for that.

Thankfully, the episodes were reasonably short.

So, while I was entertained by the season, it just felt like they left a lot of meat on the bone.