• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Washington Capitals vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@elocomotive @Kevin12773 @Darrell Green Fan and all (well almost all) of the other Caps fans on tHoop.......

Congrats:clap::clap::clap::clap::suds:
giphy.gif

DAYUM IT:gaah:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to avoid all the talk that said it's a different Capitals team this time around. Because until things change it's still the same old Caps. But now that it's over looking back this did feel like a different year. For once we had the hot goalie, finally the pucks bounced our way more often. It was the other team making the crippling defensive play instead of ours.

It did just feel different this time around. And of course finally getting the Pittsburgh monkey off their backs, like the Red Sox getting past the Yankees in '04, made it even more special.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things seemed to changed with that first Red Sox title. Suddenly a long suffering fan base was finally rewarded. Next came the White Sox, who's futility somehow fell under the radar as everyone talked about the Cubs and Sox. Then of course it was the Cubs' turn, followed by the Eagles and now the Capitals. Only this one felt like the Eagles finally getting a ring and Peyton or Elway finally getting over the hump all in one.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they don't have many fans on here, but congrats to Vegas for a great first season. While losing stings now, it's probably going to be better for the team in the long run. It will help keep that fire burning. Congrats to Vegas on a great and remarkable first season.

And here's to hopefully building hope for the Sharks' fans, the Jackets' fans, the Canucks, the Sabres, the Blue, the Jets, and fans of the Wild. Your day will come.

Keep the faith.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they don't have many fans on here, but congrats to Vegas for a great first season. While losing stings now, it's probably going to be better for the team in the long run. It will help keep that fire burning. Congrats to Vegas on a great and remarkable first season.

And here's to hopefully building hope for the Sharks' fans, the Jackets' fans, the Canucks, the Sabres, the Blue, the Jets, and fans of the Wild. Your day will come.

Keep the faith.

The “Sad club” of canucks sabres and blues bid you adieu lol

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep the faith.
You need to slow your roll there. I mean it was awful nice of the Pens to "share the wealth" and let someone else win the cup this year. Don't expect them to do it all the time.:lol:

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Quote

“Even though this really doesn’t have an impact on real life, even though it doesn’t have an affect on our everyday lives, it’s beautiful,” Stilwell said. “Sports in general are a silly business, to get wrapped up in the achievement of things other people do. You kind of question it once in a while. But when it brings you this kind of joy, you tend not to scratch under the surface too much. You just ride the wave.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...is-what-it-feels-like/?utm_term=.feb67f7228ce

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I think that now that he has a Cup OV will get some serious Hall of Fame consideration.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The “Sad club” of canucks sabres and blues bid you adieu lol
If even the Caps can win it finally, that means we may have a chance. Not next year. Not the year after either. And probably not the year after that. But someday.

/Always nice to see another long-suffering non-Maple-Leafs fanbase get their due.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon the Caps will have to deal with the repeate talk. Now that you are the top dogs, other teams will be now gunning for you and your stars. Plus you will now have the issue of who gets paid better and for how long.
Enjoy this time while you can.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This made me laugh while I was tearing up watching a video of the Caps' spilling champagne all over each other. I'm a god damn mess!! ;)

The whole thing is so stupid... and yet the emotions are so real. I always thought that if they did win, it would mean so much more given all the failures of year's past and the absurd and almost unimaginable way in which they played out again and again.

And it has. It means so much. Everything that broke our hearts rushes back in to fill them up.

Funniest moment of the game last night for me is they show a shot of Trotz right after we had won. My dad goes "man, they should have signed him sooner." I go "Dad... lets enjoy the moment, they haven't even handed OV the Cup yet!" Hahaha.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made me laugh while I was tearing up watching a video of the Caps' spilling champagne all over each other. I'm a god damn mess!! ;)

The whole thing is so stupid... and yet the emotions are so real. I always thought that if they did win, it would mean so much more given all the failures of year's past and the absurd and almost unimaginable way in which they played out again and again.

And it has. It means so much. Everything that broke our hearts rushes back in to fill them up.

Funniest moment of the game last night for me is they show a shot of Trotz right after we had won. My dad goes "man, they should have signed him sooner." I go "Dad... lets enjoy the moment, they haven't even handed OV the Cup yet!" Hahaha.

Enjoy it man, especially with your dad!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew - just getting around to recovering after celebrating last nt while here in FL on vacation. Found a small contingent of Caps fans & we all expressed equal joy & relief when the game ended. Ovi's reactions & comments said it all. C-A-P-S. Stanley Cup Champs - still can't believe it actually happened