• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Stanley Cup Final Game 2: New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings, 6/7 4:00 PM, NBC

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milbury on NBCSN crying about King being in the crease on his goal.

He needs to keep assaulting kids and quit running his mouth

heLL paso

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they're all whining about the third goal. McD tied up King at the top of the crease. What is he supposed to do? He didn't run into the "King".

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they're all whining about the third goal. McD tied up King at the top of the crease. What is he supposed to do? He didn't run into the "King".

Because Milbury is a douche

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they would have won, duh.
And if they had 2 more power plays in over time they would have won.
:tinfoil3:

heLL paso

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well over here in Canada Glen Healy, who is almost the worst, is crying foul as well. But he was a goalie, so of course he's gonna have something to cry about.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not the prettiest game the Kings have played but like I've always said a win is a win is a win. I have finally come to the conclusion that you can never count this team out. I've never seen a team so resilient. Nothing bothers these guys. Far too many turnovers and bad passes but somehow they keep overcoming their own bad play and winning games that by rights they shouldn't be winning.

I know Fox doesn't think King's goal shouldn't have counted due to goaltender interference (he stated so during the between periods report on the jumbotron) but I'm not sure I agree with his explanation. King was being pushed into the crease and Lundqvist actually caused the initial contact by moving into him. Add to that the initial contact was more incidental than anything. Not much more than Carter's brush on him later where he flopped so badly and then laid on the ice like he was dead all the time looking at the ref for the call. Sour grapes if someone is complaining about that goal. Maybe their team needs to learn how to protect a lead better.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interference goal is going to be hated by Ranger fans and ignored by Kings fans for years (if the Kings win the series) . Think 93 Leafs hatred. The refs had to see the contact. It doesn't matter who caused contact for goalie interference. The refs had to be thinking one of two things: Hank had no chance on the goal so the contact didn't interfer, or King was tripped causing a penalty on the play and the goal wiped out the penalty. Either way there is no knowing what would have happened.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter who caused the contact. It seems in the rule book if a defending players causes the attacking player to cause contact with the goalie, interference shall not be called.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Kings :yahoo:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter who caused the contact. It seems in the rule book if a defending players causes the attacking player to cause contact with the goalie, interference shall not be called.

According to Hank, in his after game comments, the refs told him the puck was past him before the contact. IF that was true then it is a good goal even if King had bumped him w/o being pushed.
I know if it had been the other way Kings fans would not be happy. However, most of us understand that "bad" calls happen. We have seen a few go against us. The thing is how does the team respond. We have seen the Kings use a bad call as a rally call to win the game when the refs are "against" them.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Hank, in his after game comments, the refs told him the puck was past him before the contact. IF that was true then it is a good goal even if King had bumped him w/o being pushed.
I know if it had been the other way Kings fans would not be happy. However, most of us understand that "bad" calls happen. We have seen a few go against us. The thing is how does the team respond. We have seen the Kings use a bad call as a rally call to win the game when the refs are "against" them.

From my view of the replay on the jumbotron and later on TV it looked like Lundqvist was complaining about the initial contact when King was fighting to get out front but was being pushed into the crease by McDonagh. Lundqvist's claim was that he couldn't get out to try and make the save. I'm not sure the ref could see that initial contact. He was on the opposite side of the net. The puck hit King, went into the net and then King fell on top of Lunqvist. Missed call or non-call whatever you want to call it. Nothing says the Kings wouldn't have gotten that goal on the next shift. They were starting to come on pretty strong. It's all a bunch of "woulda, shoulda, coulda" now.

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about, The Finals have been great. We've had on OT & a double OT game. Both teams are battling. GO KINGS GO!!:nod:

What do you want from a NASCAR fan? Someone who enjoys watching cars make left turn after left turn going around in circles couldn't possibly enjoy that much tense action.

Ox

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last series, Toews was checked into Quick, penalty on Toews. Hossa steamrolled and checked into quick, penalty Hossa.

didnt seem to matter last series.

All fans want is some consistency, and dont make it look so obvious when they give the games to the kings.