• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Stanley Cup Final Game 2: New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings, 6/7 4:00 PM, NBC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call the WAMbulance because they just released another article this afternoon.

2014 Stanley Cup finals -- Rangers coach Alain Vigneault calls Game 3 as close to must-win as team can have - ESPN

From article:
"I know they came back from a two-goal deficit again last night, but their third goal [when Los Angeles winger Dwight King might have interfered with New York goaltender Henrik Lundqvist on the play] you can look at it any way you want, but at the end of the day that shouldn't have been a goal in my opinion," Vigneault said. "They got three chances in the third if you count that one, and two of them went in and we were a little bit unlucky. We were playing really solid and sometimes stuff like that happens. I believe it's going to even out, and I believe we're going to win the next game."
Vigneault later said: "And then ... right before they scored the winning goal in double overtime, a lot of people seemed to think that we should've been on the power play. [Los Angeles defenseman Alec Martinez] flipped the puck out of the zone [and into the stands]. Instead of having a faceoff in the offensive zone, we should've had a faceoff going on the power play and we didn't. Those are the things that happen in playoff hockey. Usually they even themselves out and that's what we're gonna hope moving forward."

Kings erased four 2-goal deficits (2-0 in Game 1, and then 2-0, 3-1, and 4-2 in Game 2) over two games, but one of them had some controversy. Also, Alain feels that they should have been awarded their 3rd Power Play of OT, which are reasons his team lost. This guy reminds me of Dave Tippett now. His Phoenix team dove all the Western Conference Finals in 2012 and then he had the audacity to call the Kings out for it, saying it was bad for the game.

*Some pretty funny comments on that link with Montreal fans calling out Rangers on goalie interference after Kreider ended Carey Price's season in Game 1.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well see, this is where I feel zero pity for NY. They were gifted 6 calls/non calls in the first two games:

- the high stick on Greene that should have been a double minor. No call.
- the butt end to Drew Doughty's face, which is a match penalty. No call.
- two flops by Rick Nash in Games 1 and 2, both called. Obvious the guy went down easy, especially for a "power forward".
- Broadway winning dive from King Diva, he looked like he got shot by a sniper from the 300s. That was embarrassing as hell. Carter did bump him, but both guys should have received minors. Carter for goalie interference, La Diva for being a diving bitch. That acting job was real close to Mike Ribiero's "I'm dying" act from about 5 years ago.
- high stick on Mike Richards in Game 2. No call.

Couple in the fact that:

- the Rangers held a 2-0 lead in Game 1 and lost, and they had three leads of 2-0, 3-1 and 4-2 in Game 2 and still lost. They had their chances to close the Kings out.
- the Kings have played extremely sloppy these first two games, and I will say the last 2-3 games of the Hawks series as well. The Rangers haven't even come close to seeing the Kings' A game yet where as they have thrown everything they possibly can at LA and still left CA with 2 losses. If the Kings shore up and play their game from the first drop starting tonight through the end of the series, NY is screwed six ways from Sunday.

So all in all, while I agree the officiating has stunk in every series for every team good teams account for that and don't let it rattle them. The Kings got their fair share of crap calls/non-calls during the season and in the playoffs but have marched their way forward every time a challenge has come their way. Officiating is an excuse losers use because in the end you'll get some calls you shouldn't have, and you'll get screwed on calls you should have received.

NY needs to look in the mirror more than bitch at the officiating as to why they're down 2-0, and the Kings can sit there and say yes we got a potential fortunate break but that isn't the reason why we're up 2-0.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn. Schooled again.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, how many chances did the Rags have to win either game because of our uncharacteristically crappy defense and line changes?!? They had breakaways, open guys in the slot, odd-man breaks and aside from St Louis' beautiful one-timer on the PP, couldn't bury any of them against the guy who couldn't hold The King's jock (according to east coast media), but the refs stole the game.

Sutter would NEVER be talking like that if the shoe were on the other foot, which speaks to the character differences between the teams.

Kings start playing Kings hockey and finish in New York.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call the WAMbulance because they just released another article this afternoon.

2014 Stanley Cup finals -- Rangers coach Alain Vigneault calls Game 3 as close to must-win as team can have - ESPN

From article:
"I know they came back from a two-goal deficit again last night, but their third goal [when Los Angeles winger Dwight King might have interfered with New York goaltender Henrik Lundqvist on the play] you can look at it any way you want, but at the end of the day that shouldn't have been a goal in my opinion," Vigneault said. "They got three chances in the third if you count that one, and two of them went in and we were a little bit unlucky. We were playing really solid and sometimes stuff like that happens. I believe it's going to even out, and I believe we're going to win the next game."
Vigneault later said: "And then ... right before they scored the winning goal in double overtime, a lot of people seemed to think that we should've been on the power play. [Los Angeles defenseman Alec Martinez] flipped the puck out of the zone [and into the stands]. Instead of having a faceoff in the offensive zone, we should've had a faceoff going on the power play and we didn't. Those are the things that happen in playoff hockey. Usually they even themselves out and that's what we're gonna hope moving forward."

Kings erased four 2-goal deficits (2-0 in Game 1, and then 2-0, 3-1, and 4-2 in Game 2) over two games, but one of them had some controversy. Also, Alain feels that they should have been awarded their 3rd Power Play of OT, which are reasons his team lost. This guy reminds me of Dave Tippett now. His Phoenix team dove all the Western Conference Finals in 2012 and then he had the audacity to call the Kings out for it, saying it was bad for the game.

*Some pretty funny comments on that link with Montreal fans calling out Rangers on goalie interference after Kreider ended Carey Price's season in Game 1.

Well, considering that Vigneault coached the Canucks, It's easy to see where he'd continue to cry in his Poutine. He's looking for any and all excuses he can to divert attention to the fact that Rangers and King Flop have gagged up every lead they've had in this series.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like this one
ig6kVdXcO5C2A.gif