• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stamkos Philly bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Frank Servalli of Philly.com the Flyers brass is waiting to possibly dive in on Stamkos if The Lightning cannot come up with a deal by Friday. Couple of things here. No way can TB afford another big contract. They shot themselves in the foot by signing long term expensive deals to Lacavlier, St. Louis, and Malone. Kiss Stamkos good bye. Now here is my question. Can the Flyers somehow make a deal for Stamkos without breaking the bank? The compensation would be tough to swallow.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt an attempt is even made... No way TB lets Stamkos walk.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well they have sure cleared enough room to make a push. i mean this team is not going to sit here and spend 8 mil less than the cap, they are always going to be at the ceiling. tampa needs a goalie.......the bob and a few future picks for stamkos, lol???? not guaranteeing we sign him though.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I highly doubt an attempt is even made... No way TB lets Stamkos walk.

thats what i thought, but yzerman wants to sign him for 7 mil and thats just crazy. they cannot possibly give him the contract he wants and have 25 mil tied up in 3 players, and over 30 tied up in 4 players. not smart. what if they offered us vinny lecavalier??? too bad you can't pay some of the contracts like mlb does, i would take him at 6 mil, but 7.7 is ridic for his production the last few years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The compensation is crazy but maybe a bottom feeder goes after him to get a star for their franchise? Philly would be smarter to use the cash to create a solid team from top to bottom and roll the dice. With good goaltending and D you always have a shot...see the Bruins....

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we please stop talking about this? This is the 3rd time a publication has made a story about this....please give it up. Its not gonna happen. End of story.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we please stop talking about this? This is the 3rd time a publication has made a story about this....please give it up. Its not gonna happen. End of story.

geeez a grumpy dog this morning???

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... No way TB lets Stamkos walk.

This ^^^ No doubt.

At this point, Yzerman would trade any of the other 3 before losing Stamkos.

Of course....having said that....I wouldn't shed a tear if Homer somehow landed the kid. :becky:

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by miracle Philly does get Stamkos, wow...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Frank Servalli of Philly.com the Flyers brass is waiting to possibly dive in on Stamkos if The Lightning cannot come up with a deal by Friday. Couple of things here. No way can TB afford another big contract. They shot themselves in the foot by signing long term expensive deals to Lacavlier, St. Louis, and Malone. Kiss Stamkos good bye. Now here is my question. Can the Flyers somehow make a deal for Stamkos without breaking the bank? The compensation would be tough to swallow.

Flyers look as if they're ready to go after Stamkos | Philadelphia Daily News | 06/28/2011

(just thought I'd throw this up there)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yzerman is in a tough situation. I know Malone has a NTC in his contract and I'm pretty sure Lacavlier and St. Louis do as well. They just signed a player a 2 year deal forgot who. Those of you who think this is a pipedream to get Stamkos are not aware of TB's situation here. Not too mention Stamkos may not want to remain in Florida. Come Friday if no deal is done I guarantee you that the Flyers will be first in line trying to pursue Mr. Stamkos. We shall see how this plays out.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yzerman is in a tough situation. I know Malone has a NTC in his contract and I'm pretty sure Lacavlier and St. Louis do as well. They just signed a player a 2 year deal forgot who. Those of you who think this is a pipedream to get Stamkos are not aware of TB's situation here. Not too mention Stamkos may not want to remain in Florida. Come Friday if no deal is done I guarantee you that the Flyers will be first in line trying to pursue Mr. Stamkos. We shall see how this plays out.

Problem is it will cost about 9 million for 100 years and 4 1st round draft picks. That and we still do not even have the space until we move versteeg, carle, do not resign leino

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good lord, do any of you really think this is a possibility? I think TB would send Vinny to the minors to clear space to keep Stamkos.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF anything Philly is really pushing the bolts to break the bank to keep him which in turn hurts their team. You don't always have to beat them on the ice...brilliant move by Homer!

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF anything Philly is really pushing the bolts to break the bank to keep him which in turn hurts their team. You don't always have to beat them on the ice...brilliant move by Homer!

Reminds me of Clarkie's offer sheet to Kesler. Though they are not in our conference, they were not happy about having to match that offer sheet.

Looking back now, good move. Kesler is really stepping it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.