• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stalock

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Back to back starts, could the shift for stalock starting finally be happening

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
still 3 straight good performances backing a strong start earlier before his own tweak. Stalock is making the decision to deal nemo easier and easier on dougie. Nemo is a to-be-ufa with good value. There have gotta be teams interested and Stalock is proving that he is an NHL quality goalie.

I dont know if edmonton is already ready to throw in the towel, but he might be a nice fit there. Columbus too. Buffalo too.

Or for a contender like NYI or Philly to platoon or pressure their #1's. Toronto has gotta be in the market for a SC winning #1 goalie too.

There are teams out there with goaltending questions, so if dougie plays the cards well, you gotta figure he could get a nice return for nemo.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still 3 straight good performances backing a strong start earlier before his own tweak. Stalock is making the decision to deal nemo easier and easier on dougie. Nemo is a to-be-ufa with good value. There have gotta be teams interested and Stalock is proving that he is an NHL quality goalie.

I dont know if edmonton is already ready to throw in the towel, but he might be a nice fit there. Columbus too. Buffalo too.

Or for a contender like NYI or Philly to platoon or pressure their #1's. Toronto has gotta be in the market for a SC winning #1 goalie too.

There are teams out there with goaltending questions, so if dougie plays the cards well, you gotta figure he could get a nice return for nemo.

This sounds like a great goalie. Where do we find him?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

While I really hope Stalock can take the #1 position away from Niemi he needs to get more starts against quality teams before we can really judge him. He also needs to do better in the starts he does get against those teams.

Last season he only had one start against a top playoff team. That was a 1-0 loss against LA. (I didn't count starts against Colorado as they were a crap team despite their record) This year he's only had two starts against quality teams, both losses. 4-3 SO loss to the Isles and that 4-0 disaster against the Rangers.

He needs to get more starts and have more success against those top teams before we really know what he can do. Unfortunately it's pretty telling, and disappointing, that no on in the organization seems to trust him to start those games.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to Kurz it's Niemi who will get the start tomorrow against the Preds despite not being 100%. If this is true it's just another example of the organization having little faith in Stalock's ability to be a full time starter. I wish I could blame this just on the coaching staff but at this point it's beyond obvious that it goes far beyond them in the organization.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to Kurz it's Niemi who will get the start tomorrow against the Preds despite not being 100%. If this is true it's just another example of the organization having little faith in Stalock's ability to be a full time starter. I wish I could blame this just on the coaching staff but at this point it's beyond obvious that it goes far beyond them in the organization.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Unless Wilson is just hoping Niemi starts playing well and then looks to deal him.
What do you guys see his value at? I can't see them really getting much for him....unless a playoff team has their top guy go down.
I have hardly been watching them at all lately, and they've been winning. I'll put that to the test tonight, try to watch a period or 2. LOL.
Did I read it right that Vlasic didn't play the other night?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I don't get it either. Unless Wilson is just hoping Niemi starts playing well and then looks to deal him.
What do you guys see his value at? I can't see them really getting much for him....unless a playoff team has their top guy go down.
I have hardly been watching them at all lately, and they've been winning. I'll put that to the test tonight, try to watch a period or 2. LOL.
Did I read it right that Vlasic didn't play the other night?

My guess would be a 2nd round pick and a "B" level prospect but Wilson tends to get a lot more value for his players than they are actually worth.

No Vlasic did not play last game. He took a hard check in the last Edmonton game and sat out with an upper body injury.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My guess would be a 2nd round pick and a "B" level prospect but Wilson tends to get a lot more value for his players than they are actually worth.

No Vlasic did not play last game. He took a hard check in the last Edmonton game and sat out with an upper body injury.

I'd take that as a return.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We may be watching Stalock's last game this season. Organization already has little to no confidence in him and now he's putting up a stinker.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We may be watching Stalock's last game this season. Organization already has little to no confidence in him and now he's putting up a stinker.

I wouldnt blame him for that first goal... shark player couldve EASILY cleared that puck outa the crease.... 2nd goal again, dumb sharks players standin around when a guy is coming out of the box for a breakaway. 3rd goal was shitty tho

So 1 bad goal and you say hes putting up a stinker... Sometimes I wonder how your a scout Cmon...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1st goal wasn't his fault. Just an unlucky bounce off the Dman. He should have had the other two. Hansen's shot was a good one but easily stoppable. Stalock had poor positioning. He's also looked extremely shakey on the stops he has made.

He will obviously get more starts but they are going to be very few and far between. Barring injury to Niemi that is.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1st goal wasn't his fault. Just an unlucky bounce off the Dman. He should have had the other two. Hansen's shot was a good one but easily stoppable. Stalock had poor positioning. He's also looked extremely shakey on the stops he has made.

He will obviously get more starts but they are going to be very few and far between. Barring injury to Niemi that is.

His starts wouldve been few and far between even if he put up a shutout... And Hansens goal was just as "easily stoppable" as thorntons goal then -- they were both good quick shots...
Like I mentioned I dont see how 1 bad goal justifies that hes puttin up a stinker. However, Niemi consistantly lets in worse garbage than that 3rd goal...

The sharks PP is puttin up a stinker

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He certainly had a huge hill to climb to get more regular starts. As I've said several times no one in the org trusts him to be a regular starter especially against top competition. I want to see Stalock do well as much as anyone but he needed a strong showing tonight and he hasn't given that. A lot of it has to do with this being his first start in something like two weeks i think? Unfortunately the coaches and organization won't afford him that excuse. Instead they will use it as a reason to give Niemi even more starts.

Yes the PP has been horrendous this game. Through the first two periods the 3rd line has really been the only positive.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Passing in this game was terrible and I found myself dozing off a handful of times watching this... 2 penalty shots and multiple PPs and they score 1... Bi-polar team again, lose a bunch in a row, win 9 of 10, then put up 3 straight shitty performance loses

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks just lack any depth on forward and the defense is weak.

Still blame D. Wilson for this roster. :mad2: