• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: St Louis Rams @ Phoenix Cardinals

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD had a good first half. He made plays that the other QB we had couldn't dream of.

The pocket collapsed all night. He hung on to the ball too long in the 2nd half.

That's a good defense coming at our young Offense all day. Remember who else has lost to these guys.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you're going against a tough Arizona defense, but Davis threw some really bad judgement throws today.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Hill??!! Hill can't move in the pocket. He doesn't step up.

He would have been carted off like Palmer.

Please.

Why can't you people just accept a loss against a very solid team. We are young and improving. It takes time. My lord do you people realize the defenses we have been playing??

At least we didn't get blown out.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you call better. Hill would be less likely to turn the ball over, a la Orton with the Bills right now. With the defense coming around, it might be a prudent move if the Rams are convinced they still have a playoff shot and if Davis isn't their QB of the future.

It's not like Davis is lighting up the passing game when he isn't turning the ball over.

Again, Hill in the first game he started for us and got hurt, made a piss poor pass right before halftime, it was a VERY ill advised throw, that led to a Minnesota TD right before halftime, where was his experience and leadership there. Davis has been hurried, hit, and sacked quite a bit since he has taken over, Hill undoubtedly would not have made it this far without going down for the year.

So to your point, I don't believe that Hill would be less likely to turn the ball over than Davis, and even if Hill didn't turn the ball over, I'm sure he would have been sacked twice as much. This team isn't good enough to overcome mistakes, yet at the same time I do believe they need to take chances downfield to have a chance to win, unlike Hill, or Bradford wasn't willing to do

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis isn't going to be replaced by anyone this year unless he gets hurt. The organization likes him and so does the majority of his teammates. As Howie Long stated, the Rams are improving and are close to taking that next step but it doesn't appear that way to many of us who can still see the mistakes that just kill us. So, we are just going to have to go with the rest of the season as is. WE may win 5 games or so but this is going to be another tough year.

Retro, the rams have been "improving and taking the next step" for the last 10 years, and what has of it?? A handful of wins each and every season with countless teams looking at the rams as a "get back on track", career day, game for their team. All it has gotten us is a top 10 pick year in and year out. The team isn't going any where won't be for a long time, can't convince me at all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Hill in the first game he started for us and got hurt, made a piss poor pass right before halftime, it was a VERY ill advised throw, that led to a Minnesota TD right before halftime, where was his experience and leadership there. Davis has been hurried, hit, and sacked quite a bit since he has taken over, Hill undoubtedly would not have made it this far without going down for the year.

So to your point, I don't believe that Hill would be less likely to turn the ball over than Davis, and even if Hill didn't turn the ball over, I'm sure he would have been sacked twice as much. This team isn't good enough to overcome mistakes, yet at the same time I do believe they need to take chances downfield to have a chance to win, unlike Hill, or Bradford wasn't willing to do

If you want to continue to watch Austin "Pick6" Davis, so be it. Can't win consistently giving away a free TD per game.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to continue to watch Austin "Pick6" Davis, so be it. Can't win consistently giving away a free TD per game.

Well, I guess it's the same as saying if you are happy watching an old, non mobile QB that also has turned the ball over, than I hope you get your wish and they put Hill back in! I don't know what you are not seeing, Hill isn't the answer, and we are not going to win with him.

Alot of good QB's did not start out well in their beginnings, Davis is still young and has a lot of upside, he may never turn out to be anything, but we will never know unless he is given a shot, a few few games is not giving him a shot.

Also as many others have said, he has been going up against some of the better defenses in the league, and I'm sure he probably won't have a great game against Denver, but he is our best option right now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to start Hill who is not mobile, while the pocket collapses on 90% of the pass plays we have?

How long do you think he will last? Seriously..

Davis played a dam good 1st half and moved around in the pocket very well. And he had 2 INTs in the 4th Q, both by the BEST CB in the NFL - 1 INT was tipped by Britt on a catchable ball.

I can see benching Davis if we got blown out and he was awful. But the kid had us in the game, in the 4th Q against the best team in the NFC, on the road!

Geez shop. Were you expecting a W in AZ? Really? Back to back WINS on the road versus San Fran and AZ?

Like I said, we are young and improving. We are seeing signs of good talent on the field. We came out and were ready to play and the defense is getting solid.

I guess I don't expect a lot so it doesn't piss me off.