• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: St. Louis Cardinals v. Los Angeles Dodgers

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frias v. Wacha rematch tonight!

This KJ situation is odd but more egregious is the weakness of the Freidman regime: communication with media. The speculation is rampant on KJ right now when a couple of honest sentences could have diffused the craziness.

Team does not need distractions.

And how about Joc? Wow.

Unfortunately, Colorado is a place where a pitcher's confidence is irrelevant. I hope the 'pen settles down soon. Much of May and into June has been erratic.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always feel weird when I see Michael Wacha being a solid starter. For those that aren't aware, the Dodgers passed on a chance to draft Wacha in order to pick up Corey Seager.

I really hope that Corey Seager ends up being the franchise cornerstone that he's being sold to be.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a better team beating an inferior team tonight. Cardinals are damn good. No shame in losing that one.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always feel weird when I see Michael Wacha being a solid starter. For those that aren't aware, the Dodgers passed on a chance to draft Wacha in order to pick up Corey Seager.

I really hope that Corey Seager ends up being the franchise cornerstone that he's being sold to be.
Seager pick has more value to me.... The upside of a SS that can hit as a long term piece? A rare gem in baseball.

Wacha is damn good, but Seager pick made sense.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have gone 9-13 in their last 22 games. In their only games against winning teams, they are 3-10

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seager was the correct pick.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a better team beating an inferior team tonight. Cardinals are damn good. No shame in losing that one.

I'll agree with that, considering all the injuries the Dodgers have right now.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am not one for confirmation bias, but the 8th inning of this game is a perfect example of why I value strikeouts more than ground outs.

Brett Anderson made a bunch of great pitches. One of them should've been a double play or at least an out, but Rollins fucked it up and the runners all ended up safe. Next hitter up is a weak grounder and what happens.... Adrian doesn't throw to anyone and the tying run scores for no outs. THEN another fucking grounder (and an out! Anderson is doing nothing wrong!) and the runner scores. Now Anderson is in line for the L.

Anderson deserves no blame.

This is just an example of why ERA sucks (those two runs were not Anderson's fault), why the W/L record sucks (Anderson can only hope for a no-decision at this point, he's on the hook for a loss right now), and why I love strikeouts. For all intents and purposes, Anderson induced two "shoulda-been" groundouts this inning but defense let him down.

If Anderson were a strikeout pitcher, then the defense is removed from the equation. Stupid shit doesn't have the opportinuty to happen.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I see is a team that blew another quality start from a guy playing well above his pay grade.

Dodgers are average. And at the very least cannot beat good teams.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am not one for confirmation bias, but the 8th inning of this game is a perfect example of why I value strikeouts more than ground outs.

Brett Anderson made a bunch of great pitches. One of them should've been a double play or at least an out, but Rollins fucked it up and the runners all ended up safe. Next hitter up is a weak grounder and what happens.... Adrian doesn't throw to anyone and the tying run scores for no outs. THEN another fucking grounder (and an out! Anderson is doing nothing wrong!) and the runner
scores. Now Anderson is in line for the L.

Anderson deserves no blame.

This is just an example of why ERA sucks (those two runs were not Anderson's fault), why the W/L record sucks (Anderson can only hope for a no-decision at this point, he's on the hook for a loss right now), and why I love strikeouts. For all intents and purposes,
Anderson induced two "shoulda-been" groundouts this inning but defense let him down.

If Anderson were a strikeout pitcher, then the defense is removed from the equation. Stupid shit doesn't have the opportinuty to happen.

ERA is what it is! Ya the Cards had some flukey stuff happen, but it usually all evens out when a guy makes a great catch or play, or how many times is there a line shot right at someone.

While strikeouts are great, it's also very unrealistic to count on striking someone out. Even the best strikeout pitchers only average a little over 1 an inning, which means the average Major leaguer averages less than a strikeout per inning. Anderson did his job, other than not covering first on the ground ball to Gonzo.

A true pitcher is still better than having a guy that just throws hard! Would you take Greg Maddox in his prime?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw manned up. Brilliant.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig comes off injury and the Dodgers win, coincidence??? Dodgers, one of the deepest and best teams in the league.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys get too caught up in the moment. The season is only a third of the way through.

Also, winning and losing a season series is not a premonition of what will happen in the playoffs. The Dodgers beat the Cardinals in the regular season in the last two seasons. Look what happened in the playoffs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys get too caught up in the moment. The season is only a third of the way through.

Also, winning and losing a season series is not a premonition of what will happen in the playoffs. The Dodgers beat the Cardinals in the regular season in the last two seasons. Look what happened in the playoffs.

I'm just copying lasportzphan's posting style.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just copying lasportzphan's posting style.
I would recommend against that! ;)

This team is not the best in baseball. That's no surprise to anyone. But they're not bad...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would recommend against that! ;)

This team is not the best in baseball. That's no surprise to anyone. But they're not bad...

You may be right, it was supposed to be satirical but it seems I've crashed and burned in terms of getting that point across.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals get guys on base, timely hits and win late again. Dodgers score no more than two runs in either game. Bullpen falters.... Again.