• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Mock Draft: Final

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 49ers mock draft is over and wanted to post how it turned out. One of the rules for the draft was all picks had to be used in this draft no trading for future picks. With that in mind I tried to maximize the picks that we had and moved up & down the board to select players that I thought would help the 49ers compete and win our 6th Superbowl.

Trades: I made 4 trades in the mock 2 to move up and 2 to move down.

Miami 1.19 & 6.14 to San Francisco for 1.30, 3.13 & 5.30
Indianapolis 2.27 to San Francisco for 2.29 & 6.14
Chicago 4.17 & 5.16 to San Francisco for 3.30, 7.26, 7.27, 7.28 & 7.30
San Francisco 4.29 to Dallas for 5.18, 7.14, 7.16 & 7.23

Picks:

1.19 Calvin Pryor - FS - Louisville

2.24 Dominique Easley - DT - Florida

2.27 Marcus Roberson - CB - Florida

3.36 Paul Richardson - WR - Colorado

4.17 E.J. Gaines - CB - Missouri

5.16 Jordan Zumwalt - ILB - UCLA

5.18 Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh

7.14 James Wilder Jr. Florida St.

7.16 Shaquille Richardson - Arizona

7.22 Josh Mauro - Stanford

There you have it I think it was a solid draft but I am biased so what do you guys think?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the 49ers mock draft is over and wanted to post how it turned out. One of the rules for the draft was all picks had to be used in this draft no trading for future picks. With that in mind I tried to maximize the picks that we had and moved up & down the board to select players that I thought would help the 49ers compete and win our 6th Superbowl.

Picks:

There you have it I think it was a solid draft but I am biased so what do you guys think?

I would have went elsewhere for CB help but overall I'd be ecstatic about that draft.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have went elsewhere for CB help but overall I'd be ecstatic about that draft.

Why is that 1z? Robinson is a big body CB and has all the raw tools to be a top flight CB in the NFL. Gaines would be able to hold down the nickle spot and Richardson in the 7th is great value IMO.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Calvin Pryor I dont see us going safety in the 1st round. We already have Reid and Bethea so I dont see us drafting a safety in the 1st round to just sit on the bench.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Calvin Pryor I dont see us going safety in the 1st round. We already have Reid and Bethea so I dont see us drafting a safety in the 1st round to just sit on the bench.

If we drafted Pryor I don't think he rides the pine. And Pryor >>>>>>>Than Bethea also Bethea is a stop gap and has 2 years tops with the team. I would rather draft IMO the best safety prospect this year than draft a WR (since by that point both Denard and Gilbert were gone)

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we drafted Pryor I don't think he rides the pine. And Pryor >>>>>>>Than Bethea also Bethea is a stop gap and has 2 years tops with the team. I would rather draft IMO the best safety prospect this year than draft a WR (since by that point both Denard and Gilbert were gone)

I would be down for drafting Pryor if we never added Bethea. But no way will we draft a safety to play over Bethea. Im thinking we go safety prolly in the 3rd or 4th round at the earliest and maybe they can take over in a year or 2.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picks:

I could definitely live with that, but The Pryor pick makes No sense with the Bathea pickup. Love the EJ Gaines and Richardson picks.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like everything but the Pryor pick as well. If we sat at #30 and got him I could live with it, but trading up 11 spots for him???? I just don't see that happening for a player unless they are an immediate upgrade at a position of major need. Those positions right now for us are WR and CB.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like everything but the Pryor pick as well. If we sat at #30 and got him I could live with it, but trading up 11 spots for him???? I just don't see that happening for a player unless they are an immediate upgrade at a position of major need. Those positions right now for us are WR and CB.

:agree:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picks:

First of all I applaud your effort. I do however have several issues with this draft. The biggest issue is that you lost a 3rd round pick to move up for a player that we didnt need. I agree that Bethea is a stop gap but he is also too pricey to ride the bench. Also he is still a solid safety for two years. However if you would have taken Pryor at 30 I would have been okay with it if he is the BPA. You did not address Center or OLB which are areas of need.C is one of the 3rd rounders you lost to move up. richberg or martin could have solidified our oline. and we could have got an OLB later in the draft for depth. Good try though.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I applaud your effort. I do however have several issues with this draft. The biggest issue is that you lost a 3rd round pick to move up for a player that we didnt need. I agree that Bethea is a stop gap but he is also too pricey to ride the bench. Also he is still a solid safety for two years. However if you would have taken Pryor at 30 I would have been okay with it if he is the BPA. You did not address Center or OLB which are areas of need.C is one of the 3rd rounders you lost to move up. richberg or martin could have solidified our oline. and we could have got an OLB later in the draft for depth. Good try though.

We are going to disagree on Pryor which is fine to each its own The Aldon incident happened when we were already in the 5th/6th round of the draft so no one was worth a pick at that time. As far as Center is concerned I believe Kilgore is going to handle his responsibilities well and Looney is going to be a good backup so I don't believe Center is a need IMO

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, its a good haul in terms of prospects and where they were selected IMO.

Now, as a faithful, I can't give an A or a B+ on the Pryor selection. I'm still on the stance that one, the trade up for him wasn't the best for the niners and selecting him after we signed a "stop gap" that high seems such a waste to me.

I understand that Pryor is > Bethea but one of two things will happen, that first rd prospect we traded for is sitting on the bench for at most 2 years or the "top FA" we just signed is sitting on the bench or cut... either way it seems like a waste for the win the chip now mode. Pryor isn't a development guy, he can start and play now IMO. If you had drafted him at our original position, I may be more less criticizing as he may have been the BPA(trade back or someone else to select truthfully) but you traded up high for him and that confuses me...

but to each their own, overall solid draft as far as who the niners came out with but the first rd trade up for Pryor wasn't wise IMO.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to disagree on Pryor which is fine to each its own The Aldon incident happened when we were already in the 5th/6th round of the draft so no one was worth a pick at that time. As far as Center is concerned I believe Kilgore is going to handle his responsibilities well and Looney is going to be a good backup so I don't believe Center is a need IMO

Of course, especially since we all value different players differently. For example I would have made the same move if the player would have been Anthony Barr. I like him more than almost anyone in the whole draft, the exception being sammy watkins. I just think the kid is beast mode and then some. I realize the Aldon incident happened after the first few rounds, and I should have considered it when analyzing your draft. For that I apologize. I simply disregarded everything but the actual draft itself. Again My Bad. it wasnt terrible. I just was trying to acknowledge the route I would have taken.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of you mentioned addressing OLB. If Kyle Van Noy is still there for us in the 3rd round....that is where we should address that position. I can't believe pretty much everyone has him going in the 3rd round. Whoever drafts him (especially if its after the first 2 rounds) they're gonna get an absolute steal! Hope it's us!

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picks:

I'd agree with most everyone else on not needing to draft Pryor for basically the same reasons.

I don't think there's any doubt people agree Pryor is better than Bethea right now, but the team paid starter money for Bethea with a good sized signing bonus so cutting Bethea isn't an option this year or next. The team can't afford to use a 1st round pick to fill a position they already paid to do so even if the guy is better.

The last few draft classes have determined the NFC West. 2011 gave us the guys we needed to get over the top and win the NFC West in 2011 and 2012. The bust of the 2012 draft class let the Seahawks overcome us this year. Our 2013 class could get us over the top again if Carradine, Lemon, and Lattimore are the guys we think they are, but I think we need to use our 1 and 2's on guys who are either going to be day 1 starters or guys that can fill roles/spell our starters and then take over in a year. Example being WR, we're not drafting any WR that is going to start day 1, but could very well be the guy after Crabtree probably leaves.