• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox33OSU's Week 2 Top Fives

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure this would be a decent thread to have and maybe keep going throughout the year in the WSIS section, seeing as how many of us are looking at similar conundrums on a weekly basis.

QB
1. Peyton Manning - Aside from the obvious week 1 blowup, showing off his new toys, he's also got a spotty running game and will be going against a familiar foe facing the same RB issues.
2. Aaron Rodgers - That Washington defense looked awful suspect vs. a much lesser passer in Vick. This Packers defense also isn't exactly elite, and RGIII has some decent weapons. I see Rodgers with 350/3 with another possibly on the ground.
3. Eli Manning - They're now looking at Brandon Jacobs getting time. He threw the ball 42 times against Dallas; he'll be doing it even more this week with big bro likely lighting the NYG secondary up. This is gonna be a fun one to watch.
4. Drew Brees - Geno Smith was able to go for 256/1 against them. Brees should have 256/3 just in the first half.
5. Robert Griffin III - Even though he's a little hobbled, he's gonna be needing to throw and throw a lot. Kaep absolutely carved GB apart, I don't think RGIII will have any problem either.

RB
1. Adrian Peterson - He's the Alabama of NFL RBs: Until he's knocked off, he's #1. 3 TDs in week 1 solidified that notion. Racked up 308 total yards and 2 TDs last year vs. Chicago in 2 games.
2. Lesean McCoy - The 2-headed monster of Ben Tate and Arian Foster totaled 112 on the ground against SD. A fully healthy and in the zone McCoy should have similar numbers as week 1. Extra PPR points (8 RB receptions by Houston vs. SD).
3. Reggie Bush - A legit threat to go 100/100, Jim Schwartz said he's fine and they aren't gonna lighten his load. PPR+++
4. Jamaal Charles - Could've played more on Sunday but clearly wasn't needed. He's just fine. He will be needed against Dallas, and expect to see a steady diet, on the ground and through the air.
5. Matt Forte - Detroit had plenty of success on the ground vs. Minnesota, there's no reason Forte won't as well. Obvious a huge PPR bonus, as well.

WR
1. Demaryius Thomas - He's gonna be seeing his share of targets this week, along with the rest of the weapons in Denver, in what will likely become a shootout. This guy is an absolute monster.
2. Julian Edelman - Perhaps moreso in a PPR format, but he is gonna be getting his name called a LOT in week 2. Wouldn't be shocked to see 2-3 TDs.
3. Calvin Johnson - Come on... you knew he'd be here. It will be a hell of a test with Patrick Peterson and possibly Honey Badger draped over him, but he saw what were nearly 2 TDs narrowly taken away last week. He'll get his.
4. Victor Cruz - Has a WR ever started a season with 6 TDs in his first 2 games? Gotta like his chances. Against Denver, he'll get 14-16 targets at least.
5. Vincent Jackson - He had a ton of yards and catches in a low-scoring affair against NYJ. What's he gonna get against an abysmal NO defense that is gonna be supporting a high-flying NO offense? He could end up having the best week of them all.

TE
1. Jared Cook - Boy, does Bradford love this guy. He will need him against Atlanta's offense.
2. Jordan Cameron - Weeden is not Peyton, but we all saw what Julius Thomas did vs. Baltimore. Cameron is clearly Weeden's #1 target.
3. Julius Thomas - He isn't guaranteed to have huge numbers again with those weapons there, but they are gonna be throwing the ball a ton again, that's a guarantee.
4. Jason Witten - Bryant is dinged up, and while Austin looks great, we all know who Romo loves most.
5. Vernon Davis - Seems like he and Kaep are on good terms, and with Boldin being locked onto by Sherman, Davis is going to be needed.

DEF/ST
1. New England - I do not care about Buffalo having success, they are clearly more talented offensively than the NYJ. I don't see the Jets finding the end zone more than once.
2. Cincinnati - This Pittsburgh offense looks really stale, and they have 0 running game. We may be looking at a very long season in the Steel City.
3. Oakland - I have to say, they didn't look horrible @Indy, and I thought they'd give up 35 easy. Against Jacksonville in their home opener, I really like this matchup for them.
4. Houston - Tennessee looks out of sorts on offense, which is surprising given all of the offseason additions. Jake Locker's days are numbered. Held Tennessee to 14 or less in 3 of last 4 meetings.
5. Carolina - This is a really, really good defense. Buffalo looked OK Sunday, but Carolina has all of the tools to keep them in check.

Good luck everyone!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it's a bad list or anything, but is this meant to a be a start/sit guide? Start AP?

I humbly submit that the only reason to mention top-60 ADP guys in a start/sit forum is if you recommend sitting them.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it's a bad list or anything, but is this meant to a be a start/sit guide? Start AP?

I humbly submit that the only reason to mention top-60 ADP guys in a start/sit forum is if you recommend sitting them.

It actually came up from the thread surrounding starting Eli over Brady. The RB portion may be a bit redundant, but the other ones are relevant, IMO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually came up from the thread surrounding starting Eli over Brady. The RB portion may be a bit redundant, but the other ones are relevant, IMO.

I enjoyed your commentary. It was a fun read, but did you HAVE to put Jared Cook so high? I wasted two years dicking around with that guy, and now all of a sudden, he's a stud. :gaah:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was beginning to think I was the only guy drinking the Edelman kool-aid! And not even I would toss him up to 2! Heuvos grande there

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed your commentary. It was a fun read, but did you HAVE to put Jared Cook so high? I wasted two years dicking around with that guy, and now all of a sudden, he's a stud. :gaah:

Haha, I feel your pain, dude. He was always on my bench during those weeks (as rare as they were) that he'd blow up. He showed insane versatility on Sunday, though. Clearly Bradford is comfortable looking his way on short routes and the deep ball. He's a mismatch nightmare, and now it looks like he is actually being used the right way.

Can you imagine if New England had gotten in on him? :scared:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was beginning to think I was the only guy drinking the Edelman kool-aid! And not even I would toss him up to 2! Heuvos grande there

Brady loves feeding the guys he's comfortable with. Thompkins looked very much a rookie, and for some reason Brady decided not to call on Sudfeld. Even with his big week, I wouldn't have had Edelman quite this high except for the news that Amendola is out, as is Vereen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful with Edelman. I agree that he is a must start in 3 WR leagues and a really good option in 2 WR leagues, but Belicek's unpredictability makes it unwise to count on any NE receiver other than Gronk as an elite option. The match-up looks good, but you just never know for sure how the Hoody will use his players.

Also, I suspect that the Jets are aware that Edelman is the only active pass receiver with any kind of credentials. Could he see some extra attention from the D on Thursday?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful with Edelman. I agree that he is a must start in 3 WR leagues and a really good option in 2 WR leagues, but Belicek's unpredictability makes it unwise to count on any NE receiver other than Gronk as an elite option. The match-up looks good, but you just never know for sure how the Hoody will use his players.

Also, I suspect that the Jets are aware that Edelman is the only active pass receiver with any kind of credentials. Could he see some extra attention from the D on Thursday?

I dunno. Brady absolutely loves his short, white, athletic slot WRs and has for years. As far as the rest of the offense, when has Brady ever had trouble making something out of nothing? Hell, I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Matthew Slater or Josh Boyce get a TD.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Brady absolutely loves his short, white, athletic slot WRs and has for years. As far as the rest of the offense, when has Brady ever had trouble making something out of nothing? Hell, I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Matthew Slater or Josh Boyce get a TD.

That is exactly why you need to be careful with Edelman. He has a lot of upside this week for sure, but there is a much higher possibility of a clunker too when comparing him to elite WRs.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly why you need to be careful with Edelman. He has a lot of upside this week for sure, but there is a much higher possibility of a clunker too when comparing him to elite WRs.

I see your point, and you're definitely right. This seems like it could end up being one of those "too good to be true" things, especially for me because Edelman is now in my starting lineup. I just can't remember the last game Brady didn't use his slot guy a lot, and with my league being PPR, this is exceptionally relevant.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the rest of the offense, when has Brady ever had trouble making something out of nothing?

The six years of his career when he didn't have Welker/Moss or Welker/Gronk/Hernandez. (He'd win, mind you, but none of his receivers had much fantasy value.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this applies directly to Edelman, but I am strongly considering starting Vick over Brady in MBBRL this week.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The six years of his career when he didn't have Welker/Moss or Welker/Gronk/Hernandez. (He'd win, mind you, but none of his receivers had much fantasy value.)
I totally agree. . but it brought to mind a season where it seemed like every other week Troy Brown would do something to win a close game for me. .one specifically was a tipped pass to the forward receiver which just happened to fall to Brown who waltzed in for a really long TD. lol.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Extra? No, but Cromartie for sure. Likely why I disagree with a 2nd overall rating. Although, over the long haul, I see your point and he's probably a nice weekly play in 3-WR leagues.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra? No, but Cromartie for sure. Likely why I disagree with a 2nd overall rating. Although, over the long haul, I see your point and he's probably a nice weekly play in 3-WR leagues.

Honest question - does Cromartie usually cover the slot guy? I know nothing of the Jets defense, but I suspected he'd be out wide covering Thompkins.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought was they moved him around to cover the threat. After looking at the game, Cromartie seemed to stay on one side last week, and wasn't "blanketing" V-Jax. So maybe I was premature in stating Cromartie would be covering Edelman.