• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soo.. Whats going on with NBA ratings?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me this:

Why in the world would NBA players be expected to fight for civil rights in China, when things still aren’t right over here?

I applaud anybody who wants to stand up for China. But to expect that is pretty lame.

What is going on in China is far worse than any perceived transgressions here in the USA.

People aren't asking for NBA players to fight for Chinese civil rights, they are expecting them not to be hypocrites. You shouldn't stuff your pockets with Chinese money while criticising USA institutions, when what is going on in China is infinitely worse & you don't dare say a peep for fear of losing access to all that money.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are attributing all the damage to BLM. That is the farce here. You telling me the Atlanta protests were organized by the BLM? Or did they maybe just sprout up organically? Most of the people looting and burning shit aren't going to meetings. They go back to their old shit once everything has calmed down.

And the largest payout in history? lol. Dude. Not even close. Largest payout for rioting in the US. Yes. Not even close in terms of natural disasters. And as I've pointed out before the King riots were nearly half that in a scope of a few days as this was over four months.
All of that damage is on them because it happened during their riots. You are in complete denial of supporting terrorism.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know nothing of whom I support financially or otherwise. Someone asked for data regarding violence and BLM protests and I provideded it. They simply posted bullshit and I sent a message about not addressing data being the problem with discourse today. I support everyone's right to demonstrate, you know, the first amendment. It doesn't mean that I have to agree with what they are demonstrating for. And it definitely doesn't mean that I support violence, theft, and destruction (things clearly not covered by the first amendment).
It wasn’t bullshit, it just truth you’re not willing to accept. Mostly peaceful protests don’t end up with burned down buildings, random people getting assaulted, and people getting murdered.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn’t bullshit, it just truth you’re not willing to accept. Mostly peaceful protests don’t end up with burned down buildings, random people getting assaulted, and people getting murdered.

The protests locally in Rochester have had more instances of the police hurting people firing pepper balls into the crowds than anything from the protesters.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was being quite literal: it was an gif of bullshit. Scroll back up and look.

And yes, that is my point, most BLM protests don't end up with burned down buildings, random people getting assaulted, and people getting murdered. If you have data show otherwise please present it as a counter to the information provided. Just because you see the sensational stuff on the news does not mean that is what is happening everywhere.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that damage is on them because it happened during their riots. You are in complete denial of supporting terrorism.

I bet your rhetoric is a real hit with your black friends

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was being quite literal: it was an gif of bullshit. Scroll back up and look.

And yes, that is my point, most BLM protests don't end up with burned down buildings, random people getting assaulted, and people getting murdered. If you have data show otherwise please present it as a counter to the information provided. Just because you see the sensational stuff on the news does not mean that is what is happening everywhere.

And basically what it has all come down to is this:

If a white person does something within a riot or protest it's ANTIFA
if a black person does something within a riot or protest its BLM

Every single person that's committed a crime within protests or looting is a member of one of these two "organizations" I use quotations because ANTIFA has almost no organization whatsoever.

That's the spin job going on. Not that opportunists are taking advantage of a situation so as to loot/riot etc...because that's likely far more the case

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on in China is far worse than any perceived transgressions here in the USA.

People aren't asking for NBA players to fight for Chinese civil rights, they are expecting them not to be hypocrites. You shouldn't stuff your pockets with Chinese money while criticising USA institutions, when what is going on in China is infinitely worse & you don't dare say a peep for fear of losing access to all that money.
Winner

The players fear China.

And they are too dumb to know the only thing that protects them is the United States.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All friends matter

Of course they do. He's made a point in the past that he had a lot of black friends. I find it exceptionally hard to believe in this day and age his POV getting very far with them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The protests locally in Rochester have had more instances of the police hurting people firing pepper balls into the crowds than anything from the protesters.
And the corrupt Rochester mayor is _ _ _ _ _

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fine. Then I expect every institution that does business with China to have no opinion on anything domestic.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do. He's made a point in the past that he had a lot of black friends. I find it exceptionally hard to believe in this day and age his POV getting very far with them.
Let's just say that all blacks aren't as dumb as the ones they put on TV and showcase on twitter.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. Then I expect every institution that does business with China to have no opinion on anything domestic.
Yes.

Now how do we get there, from here. The golden question.

This isn't my first choice, but we could start by restricting their business with China. (In this case, the NBA specifically.)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say that all blacks aren't as dumb as the ones they put on TV and showcase on twitter.

Right. Because I'm sure if they happen to have the Lakers game on being told they're akin to holocaust deniers will really stoke that positive exchange of ideas.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do business with China without being a hypocrite who remains silent about the atrocities in China while criticising far less egregious perceived actions here in the US.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do business with China without being a hypocrite who remains silent about the atrocities in China while criticising far less egregious perceived actions here in the US.

As I said that would mean you are basically unable to criticize anything within the states.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said that would mean you are basically unable to criticize anything within the states.

No. It means that you when make public statements about perceived injustices, you don't shy away from statements about other, more egregious, perceived injustices, just because you are in bed with the perpetrator.

You can criticize both. But when you obviously refuse to comment on or criticize what many perceived to be far worse transgressions, due to financial ties, that makes you hypocrite who's message loses value.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It means that you when make public statements about perceived injustices, you don't shy away from statements about other, more egregious, perceived injustices, just because you are in bed with the perpetrator.

You can criticize both. But when you obviously refuse to comment on or criticize what many perceived to be far worse transgressions, due to financial ties, that makes you hypocrite who's message loses value.
I can appreciate your viewpoint on that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't hockey ratings down significantly as well? Lol but we won't say anything about them for the obvious reasons