• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soo.. Whats going on with NBA ratings?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with BLM so much in terms of riots/protests. BLM existed peacefully in many areas well before this years shit show.

I moreso have an issue with the message itself. So... you want to stop cops shooting innocent black men. Well.... seems a lot aren't innocent? Yah I get shit is going to happen like Floyd (although STILL never saw the footage between him taken to the cruiser car and then the knee on his neck, and he had multiple criminal charges - not saying it's right, just.... k?), white people get shot plenty as well and the news just skips out on that. Of course black lives matter... INNOCENT and HARD WORKING black lives... not fuckin' assholes. And then BLM supports defunding of police and accepts donations from multiple orgs, when funding the police MORE is what you want, to clean up the massive black on black violence problem with this Country so black youth actually stand a chance... so... like... WTF is your message?

I also find it rather hilarious BLM is in and of itself, racist. Because you're identifying a race and saying there's matters and others don't or just don't 'need the help'? Eh whatever.

I find the whole message ironic and rather eye rolling, but at the same time - I have no issue with people supporting it or freedom of speech. Just stop making me feel like I did something wrong (never have) every time I turn on a fuckin' sports game or go out in public, which leads me to answering the original question and TLDR:

TLDR: Don't understand the real message behind BLM or what they really want, I bring this up because it was brought up in this thread already (BLM), and the big problem in sports ratings today is people are sick and tired of tuning into a program with multi millionaires and getting blasted with politics and agendas 24/7 when a large majority of the viewers are innocent and just looking to tune out the fuckin' horrors of the world for 4 hours.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of watching bubble basketball should be known by now. I do not like it.

But I've watched almost every minute of both Conference Finals and tFinals.

Still haven't watched an entire football game. Haven't watched a baseball game in over a month.

Wish my lack of interest was politically motivated, but I just don't like watching what they're providing me with.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I condemned the violence and destruction, what do you want? It is literally true that the vast majority of BLM events have not resulted in violence. Not everyone is Portland.
I'm not sure what you are referring to as propaganda or why you think presenting data is toxic. What middle ground are you even referring to?
Yet you still support a toxic group? Do you condemn the KKK and still financially support them too? They’re simply the other side of the racist coin.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me of what that is because yours resulted in arson, assault, and murders.

That's not the middle either. Nor is he saying he condones that.

That's what I'm saying. You want to have a productive conversation but then immediately jump to dramatics?

All the sudden we've got people who revel in stats like shootings in NY when they didn't give two fucks before. Stats like that are only useful in context... Compared against themselves in a historical view.

But again that would be having a legitimate argument and discussion.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that @trojanfan12 we should probably move this to the pf since most of the people who are posting in this don't give a shit about the NBA

I wonder why they aren't as equally vocal over what the nfl and nhl have done?

Shoot me when I become so bitter that I'm rooting against sports to be successful

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the middle either. Nor is he saying he condones that.

That's what I'm saying. You want to have a productive conversation but then immediately jump to dramatics?

All the sudden we've got people who revel in stats like shootings in NY when they didn't give two fucks before. Stats like that are only useful in context... Compared against themselves in a historical view.

But again that would be having a legitimate argument and discussion.
That is what they’ve accomplished and it is what you’re supporting when you show that brand. I bring it up because both the NBA and you pretend it doesn’t exist and that it isn’t extremely toxic. It’s almost like a variation of being a Holocaust denier. I posted a video in this thread of BLM leaders explicitly calling for murdering the police.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what they’ve accomplished and it is what you’re supporting when you show that brand. I bring it up because both the NBA and you pretend it doesn’t exist and that it isn’t extremely toxic. It’s almost like a variation of being a Holocaust denier. I posted a video in this thread of BLM leaders explicitly calling for murdering the police.

Lol you just keep upping the ante

Prey tell how does an organization protesting for equal treatment in any way shape or form even in the slightest fucking way represent the Holocaust?

Millions of people died just in concentration camps. Not even counting to effects of the war itself.

I don't deny some of the protests got violent. That's a far fucking cry from the holocaust

Like you could compare eating breakfast to the holocaust and it would make as much sense.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the NBA to start the movement about civil/human rights in China. A few ideas for the back of the jersey slogans;

"Get my mama & grandma out of the sweat shop"
"$1.50 a hour is not a live able wage"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we have a prime example of what is wrong with discourse today. Provided with data that runs contrary to ones belief the options should be find facts to refute the data or accept the data and modify ones hypothesis. Instead, option C is chosen: don't bother to look at data, declare it bullshit and dig in on the provably wrong hypothesis. An inability to change worldview based on facts only drags us down.

Now, the report still says that 7% of the BLM protests still have violence. With the number of protests there have been that is still far too many. The people who participate in violence and destruction should be held accountable, but to paint the whole with a wide brush is lazy and ignorant; I'm sure you don't want the same done with the few bad apples in the police or military.

I would also like to add that while I agree 7% is way too many, of that 7% of protests that have ended in violence, in most of those cases it is a very small minority of protestors who take part in the violence.

Based on your data, it seems that well over 95% of BLM protestors are peaceful. And there are millions upon millions (like me) who support the movement, but won’t ever show up to a protest.

I find it hateful that people work so hard to discredit a well intentioned and needed movement over the views of a few extremists.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is pretending these elements don’t exist. Nobody.

All we are saying is that you are purposefully choosing to assume that every BLM supporter identifies with the extremists. That is just blatantly false.

It would be like me equating everyone on your side of the discussion to white nationalist groups.

I wouldn’t do that though, because that would be stupid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the NBA to start the movement about civil/human rights in China. A few ideas for the back of the jersey slogans;

"Get my mama & grandma out of the sweat shop"
"$1.50 a hour is not a live able wage"

Tell me this:

Why in the world would NBA players be expected to fight for civil rights in China, when things still aren’t right over here?

I applaud anybody who wants to stand up for China. But to expect that is pretty lame.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings are dipping imo because there is just so much basketball all at once. If there were only two games a day you’d like have a more interested audience. I’d turn in to watch all playoff games because there were two back to back. But now there’s 4 games on, I just pick and choose which one I want to watch the most out of the four.
Nope.

No one wants to watch these pansy little political peddlers.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you just keep upping the ante

Prey tell how does an organization protesting for equal treatment in any way shape or form even in the slightest fucking way represent the Holocaust?

Millions of people died just in concentration camps. Not even counting to effects of the war itself.

I don't deny some of the protests got violent. That's a far fucking cry from the holocaust

Like you could compare eating breakfast to the holocaust and it would make as much sense.
That is explicitly not what they are protesting for. They were so embarrassed by their “what we believe” page on their website that they deleted it all. You are denying reality and downplaying it to an extreme extent. Some violent protests don’t result in the largest insurance payout in the history of the world, it doesn’t result in dozens of deaths across the nation, it doesn’t target and assault thousands of cops across the nation, and it sure doesn’t have four straight months of riots. It’s shocking that you are being this intentionally obtuse about that group.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These disgusting chinese loving thugs don't deserve a damn thing from any American.

Some real Americans love the sport though so they are stuck until someone can unpussify it.

Good thread, OP.
Nailed it

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is pretending these elements don’t exist. Nobody.

All we are saying is that you are purposefully choosing to assume that every BLM supporter identifies with the extremists. That is just blatantly false.

It would be like me equating everyone on your side of the discussion to white nationalist groups.

I wouldn’t do that though, because that would be stupid.
It’s like saying Hitler was mostly an art enthusiast. He only spent a fraction of his time killing Jews. It’s highly intellectually dishonest and nobody has denounced their behavior in the NBA.

If the KKK did half of what BLM did this summer and the NBA chose to display their name across their court a lot of people would be rightfully upset.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with BLM so much in terms of riots/protests. BLM existed peacefully in many areas well before this years shit show.
No, BLM hardliners killed Cops in Dallas in 2016.

It's almost as if the Democrat donors that fund BLM use it to terrorize the country every presidential election.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is explicitly not what they are protesting for. They were so embarrassed by their “what we believe” page on their website that they deleted it all. You are denying reality and downplaying it to an extreme extent. Some violent protests don’t result in the largest insurance payout in the history of the world, it doesn’t result in dozens of deaths across the nation, it doesn’t target and assault thousands of cops across the nation, and it sure doesn’t have four straight months of riots. It’s shocking that you are being this intentionally obtuse about that group.

You are attributing all the damage to BLM. That is the farce here. You telling me the Atlanta protests were organized by the BLM? Or did they maybe just sprout up organically? Most of the people looting and burning shit aren't going to meetings. They go back to their old shit once everything has calmed down.

And the largest payout in history? lol. Dude. Not even close. Largest payout for rioting in the US. Yes. Not even close in terms of natural disasters. And as I've pointed out before the King riots were nearly half that in a scope of a few days as this was over four months.