• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soo.. Whats going on with NBA ratings?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do it emoji GIF by stickfiguregirl

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we have a prime example of what is wrong with discourse today. Provided with data that runs contrary to ones belief the options should be find facts to refute the data or accept the data and modify ones hypothesis. Instead, option C is chosen: don't bother to look at data, declare it bullshit and dig in on the provably wrong hypothesis. An inability to change worldview based on facts only drags us down.

Now, the report still says that 7% of the BLM protests still have violence. With the number of protests there have been that is still far too many. The people who participate in violence and destruction should be held accountable, but to paint the whole with a wide brush is lazy and ignorant; I'm sure you don't want the same done with the few bad apples in the police or military.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we have a prime example of what is wrong with discourse today. Provided with data that runs contrary to ones belief the options should be find facts to refute the data or accept the data and modify ones hypothesis. Instead, option C is chosen: don't bother to look at data, declare it bullshit and dig in on the provably wrong hypothesis. An inability to change worldview based on facts only drags us down.

Now, the report still says that 7% of the BLM protests still have violence. With the number of protests there have been that is still far too many. The people who participate in violence and destruction should be held accountable, but to paint the whole with a wide brush is lazy and ignorant; I'm sure you don't want the same done with the few bad apples in the police or military.
Post of the week :clap:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, the report still says that 7% of the BLM protests still have violence. With the number of protests there have been that is still far too many.

Exactly. I don't want to downplay the seriousness of the riots. But the riots have been pretty well isolated to just a few cities. The vast majority of people are not rioting whether they support BLM or not.

But go to social media and you'd think the riots are happening in every city in the country.

7% is still a lot of people and it's bad and unacceptable. But it's not "happening everywhere".

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched a game since they started back up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, totally relevant to the discussion. Thanks for participating fudgepackers.
I’m just making a point that stating the percentage of protests that aren’t violent is stupid. You'd also have to be a complete idiot to trust that statistic whole cloth.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just making a point that stating the percentage of protests that aren’t violent is stupid. You'd also have to be a complete idiot to trust that statistic whole cloth.

How so? To believe your crowd, you'd have to think there's massive riots sweeping every city. There's hardly anything like that, especially now. lebron23james talks about SF burning down. I live here, it's been almost completely peaceful this entire time. No deaths, no riots, no disruptions besides the occasional march on a bridge (peaceful).

You guys are total snowflakes.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be equivilent we would have had to have been discussing how peaceful the cities that riots have taken place in were for 19 hours of the day. See how that has no bearing on the total number of riots or lack of riots?

I don't believe that anyone has been disputing that there have been riots, just how wide spread they have been. So show me the data that others have collected to dispute the numbers. Again, just denying it because it runs counter to what you feel is the problem.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Over 130 straight days of riots at this point says you’re just using propaganda to cover for left-wing violence. There is a middle ground here, yet people like you are toxic.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 130 straight days of riots at this point says you’re just using propaganda to cover for left-wing violence. There is a middle ground here, yet people like you are toxic.
I condemned the violence and destruction, what do you want? It is literally true that the vast majority of BLM events have not resulted in violence. Not everyone is Portland.
I'm not sure what you are referring to as propaganda or why you think presenting data is toxic. What middle ground are you even referring to?

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I condemned the violence and destruction, what do you want? It is literally true that the vast majority of BLM events have not resulted in violence. Not everyone is Portland.
I'm not sure what you are referring to as propaganda or why you think presenting data is toxic. What middle ground are you even referring to?

His idea of middle isn't middle

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, I tell ya. it's just a phase. I mean, we blacks have had it great in this country for so long and have never said a word about how we're treated until now...oh wait...

View attachment 255058
I've been saying, this year really reminds me of 1968 (what I read about it). It's not exactly the same obviously but it rhymes...racial unrest and some violence, divisive election, even an Asian Flu. Eerie.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying, this year really reminds me of 1968 (what I read about it). It's not exactly the same obviously but it rhymes...racial unrest and some violence, divisive election, even an Asian Flu. Eerie.

Based on what I read about the 60s, there's not nearly enough topless hippies running around for that to be an accurate comparison.