• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soo.. Whats going on with NBA ratings?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father was in the Navy during Vietnam, my 2 favorite Aunts were in the Army during the Korean War, one of my closest friends was in the Army, another close friend was a Marine and a cousin that I am fairly close with was in the Army during the Gulf War.

My father and 2 Aunts are gone, none of them would have allowed politics to stop them watching sports and my 2 friends and cousin are also still watching all sports. In fact, my friend that was in the Army will be here tomorrow to watch the Lakers game. My cousin is a die hard Arizona Cardinals, Suns and D'Backs fan. I get texts from him talking shit on my Seahawks, Lakers and Dodgers pretty regularly. lol

None of them like what is going on and don't like the kneeling, etc., but they also understand that is their right. It actually bothers me more than it does them.

Everyone is reacting differently. I just don't think folks who have decided to stop whatever sport(s) for whatever reason shouldn't be in forums making negative comments to people who choose to continue watching.
Having the right to do something doesn’t make it not trashy and disrespectful. I don’t get texts from my family who have died for that flag anymore. For anyone in the NFL, NBA, NHL, or any other league who decide to kneel for it are disrespecting them and it’s no wonder people tune out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the right to do something doesn’t make it not trashy and disrespectful. I don’t get texts from my family who have died for that flag anymore. For anyone in the NFL, NBA, NHL, or any other league who decide to kneel for it are disrespecting them and it’s no wonder people tune out.

Why people are so triggered by athletes peacefully protesting people getting killed by police officers sworn to protect and serve is absolutely astounding to me.

Don’t agree? Fine.

But to get so worked up by it?

That is your issue. They have made it extremely clear. The protests are not about the flag or the soldiers who fought for it. The choice to continue misrepresent the message is on the people who continue to do it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why people are so triggered by athletes peacefully protesting people getting killed by police officers sworn to protect and serve is absolutely astounding to me.

Don’t agree? Fine.

But to get so worked up by it?

That is your issue. They have made it extremely clear. The protests are not about the flag or the soldiers who fought for it. The choice to continue misrepresent the message is on the people who continue to do it.
Actually, the man who started it has done exactly that.

People get worked up over it because a lot of people died for their rights. Yet some meathead athlete comes along and tells us it was for white supremacy and that they hated black people.

The biggest name in basketball then tells the lie that police wake up in the morning to hunt black people. When people hear that and then start literally hunting police officers he has nothing to say. LeBron is a real class act.

When your Regular Joe sees the organization strewn about the court of the NBA after watching that organization assault random people, cops and store owners, tearing down monuments, destroying religious statues, committing arson, and looting all across the nation it’s going to make them a little bit upset to see that along with nearly everyone kneeling to disrespect the flag. It is meant to symbolize disrespect because they won’t stand for a flag that they believe represents racism and antipathy towards black people. Why do people get worked up by it? Because that’s a lie and 45% of former NBA fans don’t want to see someone preaching blatant lies.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People get worked up over it because a lot of people died for their rights. Yet some meathead athlete comes along and tells us it was for white supremacy and that they hated black people.

The biggest name in basketball then tells the lie that police wake up in the morning to hunt black people. When people hear that and then start literally hunting police officers he has nothing to say. LeBron is a real class act.

When your Regular Joe sees the organization strewn about the court of the NBA after watching that organization assault random people, cops and store owners, tearing down monuments, destroying religious statues, committing arson, and looting all across the nation it’s going to make them a little bit upset to see that along with nearly everyone kneeling to disrespect the flag. It is meant to symbolize disrespect because they won’t stand for a flag that they believe represents racism and antipathy towards black people. Why do people get worked up by it? Because that’s a lie.
I think a major problem with black athletes calling a white person who isn't a racist a racist and talking about white privilege is that most of them make more in a year than 90% of white people will make in their lifetime, and they ask for empathy for those killed by cops while showing non for cops killed by blacks

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a major problem with black athletes calling a white person who isn't a racist a racist and talking about white privilege is that most of them make more in a year than 90% of white people will make in their lifetime, and they ask for empathy for those killed by cops while showing non for cops killed by blacks

You do get that white privilege is not calling anybody racist, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When your Regular Joe sees the organization strewn about the court of the NBA after watching that organization assault random people, cops and store owners, tearing down monuments, destroying religious statues, committing arson, and looting all across the nation it’s going to make them a little bit upset to see that along with nearly everyone kneeling to disrespect the flag. It is meant to symbolize disrespect because they won’t stand for a flag that they believe represents racism and antipathy towards black people. Why do people get worked up by it? Because that’s a lie and 45% of former NBA fans don’t want to see someone preaching blatant lies.

Get educated about the issues from a non-right wing slant and you might actually learn a little about why so many people are upset.

Like I said, it is on you if you simply swallow right wing propaganda like you clearly have.

LeBron’s quote definitely a major exaggeration. But so too is saying the NBA supports terrorism. That is equally wrong and harmful.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get educated about the issues from a non-right wing slant and you might actually learn a little about why so many people are upset.

Like I said, it is on you if you simply swallow right wing propaganda like you clearly have.

LeBron’s quote definitely a major exaggeration. But so too is saying the NBA supports terrorism. That is equally wrong and harmful.
Who am I going to believe, you or my lying eyes?

“You have no idea how that cop that day left the house,” James said. “You don’t know if he woke up on this side of the bed, you don’t know if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, you don’t know if he had an argument at home with his significant other, you don't know if one of his kids said something to him and he left the house steaming. Or maybe he just left the house saying that today is going to be the end for one of these Black people. That’s what it feels like.”

Last edited:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the group the NBA decided to put on their courts.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually read my quote?

Going with no.
Saying it was an exaggeration would imply that there was a semblance to truth to it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the group the NBA decided to put on their courts.

Those are extremists who have hijacked the message.

That is not what most people who support the movement believe.

And people like you who continue to highlight the extremists instead of listening to the message from the masses are just as guilty as the people from the video you posted in creating divide.

Notice I am saying they are guilty too.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some discipline there.

I'm watching NFL, college football, NBA, MLB and UFC.

Some nights I go to bed feeling like I've been playing all of those sports all day. lol
I really am not that interested in MLB or the NBA.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, folks that support BLM believe in violence. Show me a BLM demonstration that isn't followed by violence.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say keep politics out of sports. The owners should have the balls to tell the players what the rules are and not visa versa.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, folks that support BLM believe in violence. Show me a BLM demonstration that isn't followed by violence.

I support the BLM movement.

I do not believe in violence. Most people who support it are think more like me that like these self proclaimed “leaders”.

You are wrong.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support the BLM movement.

I do not believe in violence. Most people who support it are think more like me that like these self proclaimed “leaders”.

You are wrong.
No, I am right about violence and the BLM movement.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And people like you who continue to highlight the extremists instead of listening to the message from the masses are just as guilty as the people from the video you posted in creating divide.

Notice I am saying they are guilty too.
Some of those extremists are the people who created BLM. Not to mention that rhetoric is the norm not an aberration. The NBA is endorsing it wholesale on their courts hence a 45% decline In ratings.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am right about violence and the BLM movement.

Do you have any idea how many people would say they support the concept of BLM and social justice?

It is a big number.

Yeah, there are people who have taken advantage of the protests and done some bad things. That is a very small minority.