• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something different-One & dones in this year's play-offs.

Who goes home?

• Total voters

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of the same old, "who's gonna win?", let's have a poll and discuss who's gonna lose their first post season game. I've got the Seahawks and Dolphins with no more than a fluke chance. I think the Cowboys get bounced by Brady. I think the Chargers lose to the Jags. And the Ravens get blown out by the Bengals. Giants at Vikings is the toughest one to call. The Gmen have no business being where they are based on their roster but Daboll has gotten more out of that then anyone thought possible. The Vikings are an enigma. Even their own fans have no clue what to expect and have shaky faith in Cousins and that defense. I'm going with the Giants in a narrow upset.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that everyone is going to pick the Giants to win in an "upset." That always scares me. If the Vikings get the lead at home it will be a tough task to catch them. But, given the offensive line woes, I can see the Giants D causing major issues. I'll go with the Vikings winning, but only because everyone is on the Giants on this one.

I'm also interested to see if Brady can pull a huge game out of his ass, send Dallas packing and bring Sean Payton right back into the conversation. It feels like that would be more realistic if Tampa had shown anything this year, but they really have not, so I don't trust it.

Those two games were the only two that I considered the betting underdog.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that everyone is going to pick the Giants to win in an "upset." That always scares me. If the Vikings get the lead at home it will be a tough task to catch them. But, given the offensive line woes, I can see the Giants D causing major issues. I'll go with the Vikings winning, but only because everyone is on the Giants on this one.

I'm also interested to see if Brady can pull a huge game out of his ass, send Dallas packing and bring Sean Payton right back into the conversation. It feels like that would be more realistic if Tampa had shown anything this year, but they really have not, so I don't trust it.

How is Kirk Cousins vs the blitz? That’s who the Giants are under Martendale. I give the edge to Cousins. If I remember correctly, he performs well vs blitz and they’ve already seen the Giants scheme from having played them earlier this year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Vikes/ Giants is a tossup imo. If the Giants can keep it close, they have a legit shot. They gave the Vikings all they could handle Christmas Eve and only a last second FG saved Minny. I just can't trust Minnesota's defense and Kirk is Kirk until he legitimately proves otherwise. They have been pulling nailbiter victories out of their ass all year. At some point, their luck has to run out.
Cowboys are the early favorites vs. the Bucs but only -2.5 to -3 which could shift as people will be betting against that, imo.
Chargers are -1 to -1.5 which is basically a pick-em at this point but I think the Jags win outright.
The Seahawks are the biggest dogs for obvious reasons but knowing the history of these 2 teams and the rivalry and meeting for the 3rd time this season, 10 points seems like a lot.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Kirk Cousins vs the blitz? That’s who the Giants are under Martendale. I give the edge to Cousins. If I remember correctly, he performs well vs blitz and they’ve already seen the Giants scheme from having played them earlier this year.
Cousins torched them pretty good in their meeting so maybe Martindale switches things up a bit and follows Green Bay's script. Eliminate Jefferson above all else and make Kirk beat them with something else.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars have all of the makings of a 1 and done imo. Young team coming from a bad division. They did crush the Chargers earlier in the season, though, so maybe I'm wrong but I think LA gets it done.

Historically speaking, I see the Cowboys with their playoff woes and I see Brady and I'm thinking that's an obvious pick. Bucs are the worst running team in the league though so they actually need prime Brady to win.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has never beaten Brady is getting huge play and Prescott is no Roders for McCarthy.

What else?
They are playing on grass, not turf so it slows down Dallas' defense a little, imo. Tampa also still has a good run defense so maybe they force the Boys hand somewhat. I think it's less about history and more about a favorable match-up. This regular season gets thrown out the window, imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has never beaten Brady is getting huge play and Prescott is no Roders for McCarthy.

What else?
Cowboys seem to have an extra gear than the Bucs. Cowboys have dropped 40+ points on four teams iirc. Bucs haven't done that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are playing on grass, not turf so it slows down Dallas' defense a little, imo. Tampa also still has a good run defense so maybe they force the Boys hand somewhat. I think it's less about history and more about a favorable match-up. This regular season gets thrown out the window, imo.
Yes and the grass thing too.

Brady going to Brady Dallas without question. Very favorable matchup.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen, and didn't vote for it, but man - would love a Dolphins upset so Cincy can win and host another game...

It's hard to see many upsets because most of the teams that made it in by way of wild-card are not exactly inspiring a lot of confidence to go on the road and win a game. Dolphins have stunk, Ravens have stunk, Chargers have stunk, etc...etc....

Of the teams, I'd say the Cowboys have the best shot to go on the road and win a game followed by the Giants (and that's really more about how wobbly I think Minn is more so than the Giants).

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens, Seahawks and Dolphins seem like safeish bets to go home.

The other 3 games are more of the toss ups.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals are my pick.

In their last matchup the Ravens gifted them 2INTs, 2 fumbles and a turnover on downs.

The Bengals line is in rough shape and Justin Houston can be a real issue.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know.
Technically The Eagles & Chiefs could go one & done as well, but they arent on the list. :think:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know.
Technically The Eagles & Chiefs could go one & done as well, but they arent on the list. :think:
Nope. By virtue of their strong regular season (and in the Chiefs case shenanigans) they have already advanced to the second round.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know.
But we dont know who they'll play so thats a whole different level of speculation

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we dont know who they'll play so thats a whole different level of speculation
not that any of us would pick them, but there is always "that one guy" in the crowd :heh:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that any of us would pick them, but there is always "that one guy" in the crowd :heh:
Odds are, one of us will lose. I'd have to look back but 1 seed rust is pretty common.