• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who's the 2nd line center next year?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Modano saying its Wings or retirement, who do you think will be next years 2nd line center?

The way I see it there are three ways to go at it.

Way #1
Get a 2nd line FA center

Way #2
Move Flash up to 2nd line center and get a 3rd line FA center

Way #3
Move Flash up to 2nd line center, move Steckel up to 3rd line center, move Gordon over from RW into the center spot and have some AHLer like Steve Pinizzotto fill that spot

So which way should we go, and which way will we go?

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't mention Perreault.

McPhee keeps saying there are likely 3 guys they see coming to the team full-time next year from the Bears. We all know Alzner and Carlson are two of them, especially with the lack of D-man signings so far.

I think it's safe to say Perreault is the 3rd guy coming up, though I don't think it's guaranteed he stays all year. I kinda like him on the 3rd line. Speedy, agressive forechecker and you already have size/physicality there with Chimera and Fehr. I think the three might work really well together.

My guess is we'll see Perreault on the 3rd and Flash on the 2nd, and they'll wait and see how that works and make changes midseason if need be. That's just my hunch.

I will say I don't think Steckel on the 3rd is an option. Too slow, not enough stick handling/passing ability. Love the guy, but he's a 4th liner.