• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Snow White (2024)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The live-action remake of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will be released on Friday, March 22, 2024 and star Rachel Zegler as Snow White and Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. Logo:

FcQBx0QaQAE8Py5.jpg

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if people will cry and pretend not to be racist in that the actress selected for snow white is half Colombian. Then explain that the fake tale of where she was sleeping in the forest in that there is no way she could have been spanish.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if people will cry and pretend not to be racist in that the actress selected for snow white is half Colombian. Then explain that the fake tale of where she was sleeping in the forest in that there is no way she could have been spanish.

Frankly... if it is like the Little Mermaid: a few assholes and trolls complaining about it, but the uproar against these few useful idiots is inmense, coming even from very high-profile people. If I was a cynic, I would say that this is a fabricated controversy just to great positive buzz around a movie, when without it we could criticize Disney for being so devoid of new ideas that all their big tentpoles seem to be just marvel, star wars or remakes of their old hits.

Without the controversy, The little mermaid = the remake of Pinocchio = movie with zero buzz and support.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old enough to remember Snow White in its original animated form. Also Pinocchio, Dumbo, Cinderella and the like. Disney owned animation back then. Except for the howls of the woke crowd, the originals are probably better than anything they could make today.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old enough to remember Snow White in its original animated form. Also Pinocchio, Dumbo, Cinderella and the like. Disney owned animation back then. Except for the howls of the woke crowd, the originals are probably better than anything they could make today.
and don't forget the best one...Song of the South.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea, I don't understand remaking the animation version... you either adapt it from the animation, or update the animation...

but I have no problem with who they cast, its a fictitious and fantasy world... they don't need to be stuck casting based on the animation...

never understood why people care who is casted, in anything, as long as they explain what they need to and ignore what they don't...

you hear it in any show/movie based on a book... what they casted this person, they don't look like how they are supposed to in the book.... do I care whether a redhead plays a role that a brunette is supposed to??

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I don't understand remaking the animation version... you either adapt it from the animation, or update the animation...

but I have no problem with who they cast, its a fictitious and fantasy world... they don't need to be stuck casting based on the animation...

never understood why people care who is casted, in anything, as long as they explain what they need to and ignore what they don't...

you hear it in any show/movie based on a book... what they casted this person, they don't look like how they are supposed to in the book.... do I care whether a redhead plays a role that a brunette is supposed to??

Exactly. There's little to no point in "remaking" an animated movie. But Disney is trying to generate more dollars from IP they already own. Making live action versions of all their animated classics is an easy (and lazy) call. They don't really care if it ends up better or worse than the original animated film, the goal is to generate more income from existing IP

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a handful of years ago they did a Snow White movie with Kristin Stewert as Snow White and Chrlize Theron as the queen.

Now they cast anybody as Snow White and Gal Gadot as the queen.

It's like they don't understand the whole plot of the movie.

The movie should have started and Charlize Theron asks the magic mirror who's the the best looking bitch in town, and the mirror would be like, "uh obviously you." And then Theron would ask if the mirror was sure that she didn't have to kill the Twilight bitch? And the mirror would be like, "Oh her, I wasn't even considering her, she's like 8th or 9th. At best." And then the movie ends.

Likewise when Gal Gadot asks if she's a bigger thot than some Columbian chick that's not even in anybody's top 10 the movie should just end.

Likewise when the whole plot of the movie revolves around "who is the fairest one of all?" It's pretty fucking stupid to make the competition between dark haired ethnic broads.

But I guess I'm not really their target audience anyways, and I wouldn't watch it no matter who they cast, so my vote doesn't count for much.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this looks amazing ...

not.

View attachment 334431
BTW, those are the stand-ins, not the actual actors.

Anyway....

Point for: If you wanted to watch Disney's Snow White, watch the original. Something like this is made different to give people a reason to watch it.

Point against: That said, I'm not a fan of Disney milking this cow over and over.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway....

Point for: If you wanted to watch Disney's Snow White, watch the original. Something like this is made different to give people a reason to watch it.

Point against: That said, I'm not a fan of Disney milking this cow over and over.

There are conflicting reports, the guy at the front looks really similar to the actor playing the prince, and even if they are stand ins (including a little person), the character designs seem to be accurate. But really, I hope the actual movie is good (those outfits look really awful). The original Snow White is almost 100 years old and it shows. I don't like them milking the cow with newer movies (Moana is just a few years old, ffs), but Snow White could use a more modern version.

I completely disagree with the reasoning behind getting rid of the "dwarves" (which weren't supposed to be normal little people humans), but as long as the story is good, that shouldn't be a major factor.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to echo what @Edonidd said and that if you cast Gal Gadot as the villain then you've already messed up. Thats like casting the Rock as Lex Luthor. Not only does Gal Gadot have a large fanbase as a popular icon but she is more attractive than 99.99% of people. She is probably one of the best strong female leads you could cast right now.

If you want to make this movie then fine but I don't understand why you'd attach the Snow White name to this outside of just trying to make money. I realize making movies like Encanto and Moana is hard but they'll live on forever and Disney will be making money on them forever as pillars of their Disney+ and in their theme park. These live-action movies will sit in the back with the straight to video Disney crap that I grew up with.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Wonder Woman (at times), I haven't really been impressed by Gal Gadot.

She's really pretty, but can't really act. We'll see if she can really pull off a villain (if she's actually a villain in this film, which is not a sure thing).

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to echo what @Edonidd said and that if you cast Gal Gadot as the villain then you've already messed up. Thats like casting the Rock as Lex Luthor. Not only does Gal Gadot have a large fanbase as a popular icon but she is more attractive than 99.99% of people. She is probably one of the best strong female leads you could cast right now.

If you want to make this movie then fine but I don't understand why you'd attach the Snow White name to this outside of just trying to make money. I realize making movies like Encanto and Moana is hard but they'll live on forever and Disney will be making money on them forever as pillars of their Disney+ and in their theme park. These live-action movies will sit in the back with the straight to video Disney crap that I grew up with.
you're saying that booking a popular, pretty woman as the big bad in a movie is a bad move?

why wouldn't you want to book The Rock as Lex Luthor?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're saying that booking a popular, pretty woman as the big bad in a movie is a bad move?

why wouldn't you want to book The Rock as Lex Luthor?
Isnt the point of Snow White that she is treated unfairly? If you ask the mirror who the fairest of them all is, shouldn't the villain...not be fair?

Although maybe the whole point is to have them make up at the end and realize that there is no villain. Thats been the norm for Disney since Moana. (or was it Brave that started the trend?)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt the point of Snow White that she is treated unfairly? If you ask the mirror who the fairest of them all is, shouldn't the villain...not be fair?

Although maybe the whole point is to have them make up at the end and realize that there is no villain. Thats been the norm for Disney since Moana. (or was it Brave that started the trend?)
No...just that Snow White needs to be more fair.

The villain here isn't meant to be hideous...but the fact that there is someone better looking is what drives her.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway....

It’s not even the same story

Come up with a new Character

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Wonder Woman (at times), I haven't really been impressed by Gal Gadot.

She's really pretty, but can't really act. We'll see if she can really pull off a villain (if she's actually a villain in this film, which is not a sure thing).

She wasn’t even the hero in the movie

My favorite twist lol