• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

smoak

seattle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why in the world would you start Smoak over Morrison today. I sometimes think we are trying to loose the series

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh just saw the lineup and he moved Morales back to cleanup. I guess LOMO will keep his over .300 BA against lefties since Lloyd will never let him see another lefty again.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comment.

seattle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoak hasn't had a hit since April but lets play him. I must be missing something

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why in the world would you start Smoak over Morrison today. I sometimes think we are trying to loose the series

Funny thing, he's the only M to have gotten a hit tonight.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing, he's the only M to have gotten a hit tonight.

That may be true, but the fact that one more important ABs of the season came down to Justin Smoak is unacceptable. He literally got a mistake meatball in the middle of the plate in 7th and couldn't do anything with it. On the flip side Cron took advantage of a Farquhar mistake a hit it a mile. We haven't relied on Smoak for 3 months so why start now? I don't blame Smoak as a person because he is what he is, but LMC has made some garbage decisions the last couple of weeks and maybe no coincidence we have lost 7 of 10.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true, but the fact that one more important ABs of the season came down to Justin Smoak is unacceptable. He literally got a mistake meatball in the middle of the plate in 7th and couldn't do anything with it. On the flip side Cron took advantage of a Farquhar mistake a hit it a mile. We haven't relied on Smoak for 3 months so why start now? I don't blame Smoak as a person because he is what he is, but LMC has made some garbage decisions the last couple of weeks and maybe no coincidence we have lost 7 of 10.

Agreed, I was screaming at my tv for a pinch hitter. My wife actually told me to quite down I was gonna wake up the baby! lol

I knew it the second he popped out the game was over.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Smoak era is almost over in Seattle. He will be going into his second year of arbitration eligibility this year and despite spending a significant portion of the 2014 season in the minors, he could probably still get close to $3 million through arbitration. The Ms will undoubtedly non-tender him rather than overpay him. They may attempt to re-sign him prior to arbitration, but it would be for a significantly lower value and I doubt if Smoak would be willing to that with an organization where he has had no success and no future guaranteed starting job.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if he ended up back in Texas.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally vomit every time I see this loser at the plate. When the game was on the line couple of nights ago, as expected he popped out. Just need to GTFO this team already.:gaah:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Smoak era is almost over in Seattle. He will be going into his second year of arbitration eligibility this year and despite spending a significant portion of the 2014 season in the minors, he could probably still get close to $3 million through arbitration. The Ms will undoubtedly non-tender him rather than overpay him. They may attempt to re-sign him prior to arbitration, but it would be for a significantly lower value and I doubt if Smoak would be willing to that with an organization where he has had no success and no future guaranteed starting job.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if he ended up back in Texas.

Where he will undoubtedly bounce back and be the hitter we all waited for............

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him because he always took accountability for his play but he just sucks. He needs a change of scenery big time if anything is going to happen for him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him because he always took accountability for his play but he just sucks. He needs a change of scenery big time if anything is going to happen for him.

And Smoak was Jack's golden boy completely screwing over Mike Carp and throwing a huge monkey wrench into developing a first baseman and corner outfielder.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is they face a lefty tomorrow, Dallas Keuchel. If Smoak or Hart plays and Lomo sits I will lose a lot of faith in Lloyd and maybe vomit.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Smoak was Jack's golden boy completely screwing over Mike Carp and throwing a huge monkey wrench into developing a first baseman and corner outfielder.

You can't lay that down at Smoak's feet though. Z sucks but he's better than the alternative because I don't think anybody worth hiring would take this job right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't lay that down at Smoak's feet though. Z sucks but he's better than the alternative because I don't think anybody worth hiring would take this job right now.

A. I think they are much better options than Jack but it would actually take baseball guys to do the interviewing and doing their homework on candidates. Sorry, I will still be negative on his extension.

B. I'm not blaming Smoak but they had a serviceable 1B in Carp but they chose Smoak and get Carp in AAA switching him from LF to RF and not allowing other young guys develop. Very much IMO similar to the Adam Jones fiasco. Not saying someone could've magically developed but blocking positions of need because of a black hole on the big club.