• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skyrim Legendary Edition

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't already own it I would pick it up. I own the game and feel like I got my moneys worth without the DLC.

Same. The only reason I'd get it was for the DLC (since PS3 owners got hosed on that deal).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got the Legendary edition last week, and have played a little bit over the weekend. I never played Skyrim before, but I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout3 (both DC and Vegas).

Any quick tips for me as I go? I just took out my first dragon, and have established "home" in Anise's cabin (at least until I can afford a home in Whitehall(?) - or whatever that first city is called).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I like the changes between Oblivion and Skyrim. However, one thing I hate is that the containers are not organized anymore. If you or your follower are carrying any items, they are sorted between weapons, apparel, books, etc. But containers just dump everything into one "bucket". Oblivion further allowed you to view your current inventory alongside the containers contents.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix this? It makes my hording tendencies hard to manage.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I like the changes between Oblivion and Skyrim. However, one thing I hate is that the containers are not organized anymore. If you or your follower are carrying any items, they are sorted between weapons, apparel, books, etc. But containers just dump everything into one "bucket". Oblivion further allowed you to view your current inventory alongside the containers contents.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix this? It makes my hording tendencies hard to manage.

I'm sure you could find a mod that fixes this, the Elder Scrolls community is usually extremely good in terms of mods. If you're playing on the PC version that is, if you're playing on Xbox or PS3 then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you could find a mod that fixes this, the Elder Scrolls community is usually extremely good in terms of mods. If you're playing on the PC version that is, if you're playing on Xbox or PS3 then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it.

I would love to play Skyrim on my next gen consoles but unfortunately I doubt either of my computers have enough "horsepower" to give the game any justice. I almost wish I didn't sell my 360 and PS3 because there are a ton of games that are dirt cheap now that aren't available on the PS4 or XB1 that I would love to play. For the most part I'm finding a lot of the games releasing now aren't that interesting to me on the next gen consoles...the games I'm really looking forward to won't be coming out until February.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to play Skyrim on my next gen consoles but unfortunately I doubt either of my computers have enough "horsepower" to give the game any justice. I almost wish I didn't sell my 360 and PS3 because there are a ton of games that are dirt cheap now that aren't available on the PS4 or XB1 that I would love to play. For the most part I'm finding a lot of the games releasing now aren't that interesting to me on the next gen consoles...the games I'm really looking forward to won't be coming out until February.

One of the main reasons I don't adapt to the newest gens until 2-3 years after release.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have been playing this for a few months now, and it has become SOOOOO slow. Is there a way to prevent it from taking upwards of 5 minutes just to go through a door?

Why have a huge world with a shit-load of tasks if the memory system cant handle completing the game?

Soooo aggravating!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have been playing this for a few months now, and it has become SOOOOO slow. Is there a way to prevent it from taking upwards of 5 minutes just to go through a door?

Why have a huge world with a shit-load of tasks if the memory system cant handle completing the game?

Soooo aggravating!!

I'm tempted to play the PC master race card here but I won't

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tempted to play the PC master race card here but I won't

The game is too big to want to start over at this point, but I may take this as a learning experience for Bethesda moving forward. Fallout had memory issues late in the game as well for the PS3.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter gave me this game for Xmas and I'm loving it...took me a few days to get used to the controls (my first several boss fights featured me ending up staring at the ceiling while I generally got killed), but they became second nature quickly. I only wish that I could marry Serana and also pay somebody to craft up all my dragon parts into nice weapons instead of having to learn how to smith...or, maybe I can and I just haven't figured that out?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter gave me this game for Xmas and I'm loving it...took me a few days to get used to the controls (my first several boss fights featured me ending up staring at the ceiling while I generally got killed), but they became second nature quickly. I only wish that I could marry Serana and also pay somebody to craft up all my dragon parts into nice weapons instead of having to learn how to smith...or, maybe I can and I just haven't figured that out?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Skyrim:Alchemy/Enchanting_Loop

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The actual smiting is easy, it's that you have to put points into smithing so you can keep upgrading what armor you can use. From what i remember, the dragon scales are at the top.

The real real crazy part is you find clothes that help you make better potions that make even better clothes that make even better potions. Then you make potions that make clothes that make better armor while smithing.

lol And thats not even all of it there is something else that comes into play. I can't remember it all.

Skyrim is a beautiful world, take your sweet time playing and just disappear in it.

ps I had my laptop set up on the side so I could research whenever I got confused or stuck on something.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skyrim is much better than Oblivion imo. (Which was still good) The best of the series. I bought some of the DLCs but I haven't play Skyrim in years after logging 1000's of hours.

I still like Morrowwind even if it's outdated. One those incredibly detailed, insanely long and difficult games that were impossible to finish without a guide book.

I remember looking for a particular cave in a sandstorm, missing it and fighting in one cave after another (thinking THIS was the cave) until I had pretty much worked my way across the entire island.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put so many hours into Skyrim. Just an amazing game.

I kind of wish Bethesda would just give it a little facelift, and release it for next gen systems. That's how much I love it.

Did anybody else create god characters with the restoration potion glitch? Like so you can craft armor and jewelry to give you 100,000 magicka, health, and stamina? It's pretty fun, IMO.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like video games but am typically not a gamer, however, this game stole my life for awhile. I am fascinated to see how the next gen systems will handle Elder Scrolls VI (are we talking full fledged battles? online play? More customization, homes, businesses etc?).

I was sick for about 3 days recently, couldn't get out of bed and decided to start a new file in this. It really is just an amazing game, and highly replayable.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, Skyrim is the greatest game ever created. I've spent thousands of hours on the game. I've replayed it with new characters about 20 times, pushing each character I play with (up to or) past the original level 81 cap. There is a limitless number of ways to play the game and the open world is so massive that it never gets old.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, Skyrim is the greatest game ever created. I've spent thousands of hours on the game. I've replayed it with new characters about 20 times, pushing each character I play with (up to or) past the original level 81 cap. There is a limitless number of ways to play the game and the open world is so massive that it never gets old.

I have been playing MMO's since 1992. They were not even called that back then.
The box games just could not compete with the immensity and endless content that an MMO could give you.
And there is no way you could tell me that a box game could ever give you the look, feel and near endless content that a MMO can.

Then came Skyrim. It literally
shattered my idea of what was possible in a box game.

I still don't know how they did it.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been playing MMO's since 1992. They were not even called that back then.
The box games just could not compete with the immensity and endless content that an MMO could give you.
And there is no way you could tell me that a box game could ever give you the look, feel and near endless content that a MMO can.

Then came Skyrim. It literally
shattered my idea of what was possible in a box game.

I still don't know how they did it.

I just don't have the time for the MMO's although I can see why people love them so much. I spent a good deal of time on-line with Diablo and that was a lot of fun but I could never compete with those who lived on there even when I spent 100's of hours. Same goes for cooperative play. I have my own schedule and so the box games fit perfectly into that.

The Elder Scrolls do a great job of content especially with the DLCs. If you ever get one of the huge guidebooks it's amazing how much stuff is there. I've never been able to do everything on any of their games.