• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skinny Matt Stafford

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to be the asshole but apparently you don't watch Russell Wilson much. He does this multiple times a game every game.....And you shrug it off, Stafford does it and then it becomes impressive.

This type of play should be expected from NFL QBs not celebrated like a once in lifetime play.:noidea:

What the fuck are you talking about? I might get tired of your pro Squawks routine, but I respect the hell out of Russel Wilson as an up-and-coming QB. I just think he gets too much credit from casual fans because he was the QB of a Super Bowl winning team. Russel Wilson did not lead them to that win, he just didn't his job as a piece of the puzzle. He's made strides as a passer since coming into the league, though, and his arrow is definitely trending upward.

As to his mobility, obviously he does that all the time. That is his game. He's undersized with an average arm- he has to be mobile, otherwise he wouldn't be an NFL QB. Nobody is shrugging off his impressive mobility at all.

As to it being impressive when Stafford did it, well, that's exactly why it's impressive- because Stafford did it. Stafford is not Russel Wilson, quite the opposite, in fact- a pure pocket passer with a rocket arm and no mobility. If he suddenly has the ability to scramble and throw like that it's a huge development for him. He'll never be on Wilson's level as far as mobility goes (conversely Wilson will never be on Stafford's level in arm talent), but just being able to escape pressure like that an still make a play isn't something we've seen out of him consistently until Monday night.

Fuck me for being excited about our QB looking much better than he finished last season, and sorry for not praising Russel Wilson enough to keep you satisfied. The dud is a good young QB who is only getting better. Thing is, though, that this is the Lions board, so prolly not a lot of Russel Wilson discussions going on around here...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want sqwauk talk? Go to the NFL main board...

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Stafford fact:

By the way, just to show you how weird Stafford's career really is: Monday was the first time since 2012 that the Lions won a game when Stafford DIDN'T throw an interception. The Lions had been 0-6 in games where Stafford didn't throw a pick. Usually, teams lose when their quarterback is throwing interceptions, the Lions were losing when Stafford wasn't throwing interceptions.

So when he throws a pic our chances increase? Odd.

Six out of 32 Games!?!

Holy Hot Fudge Sundae!

Fat or not fat, he needs to protect the football if were going to do anything of merit this season. (No fumbles and no picks, any idea how many times THAT happened outta Numba Nine?)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If stafford can continue to make plays with both his arm and legs he will be six times the qb russell is.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If stafford can continue to make plays with both his arm and legs he will be six times the qb russell is.
6 times? Why not 4 times or 7 times? 6 times seems odd.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 times? Why not 4 times or 7 times? 6 times seems odd.

6! whats wrong with you? 6 is the key number! No one can be 7 times better. And who would only want to be 4 times better? 6 times! 6!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some clarification. Thanks Old Lion.:suds:It all makes sense now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6! whats wrong with you? 6 is the key number! No one can be 7 times better. And who would only want to be 4 times better? 6 times! ]

So if I am 6 times fluffier than the other guy, it is all good?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The giants defense isnt bad, not sure where that idea came from. The lions offense is just that good.

I still find it funny you are labeled to be negative here. People hate straight shooters

IMO many teams will have difficulties stopping Lions O... I still need to see more defense to see if Austin's scheme will compensate for secondary.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always supported Matty Pimp.....22/32 for 346 2 TDs and 0 INTs......That's impressive. What's the over/under on him putting up the same stats against Carolina?