• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Since we have a better recruiting class than the Huskers....

Horndog Husker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Missouri should beat them for the next several years. Pelini cant recruit like Pinkel can and recruiting is how you win games. Not player development or a strong physical defense. It's all about over-hyped QBs out of high school and weather conditions. Oh. And Pelini is low class because he said Owa made a mistake! Who would want to play for one of the best defensive minds in the country and a team on the rise when you could play for a Pac 10 powerhouse like UCLA? Nebraskas glory days are long gone and Missouri is the new face on the Big 12. I'm off to go have a circle jerk with amutiger. Bye.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee that the last full sentence will never happen

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Missouri's class is better than NU's as of the current rankings....obviously we won't know for a couple of years whose class is actually better on the field.

fastest40minutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All BS aside, this rivalry should be interesting the next few years at least. These 2 teams (throw in KSY maybe) should battle for the North for years to come. i think it is actually good for both schools if both are good if that makes sense.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident that Nebraska is extremely close to being "back" and when you build a team around defense I feel you have much more staying power...... I'm very confident in Nebraska's ability to win the North more often than not... Obviously we won't dominate like we did in the Big 8 because there is much more parody.... But I think as far as staying power Missouri and Kansas State are the only ones who can compete, but I think as soon as snyder retires again K-state is done for, I think that Missouri has a much better chance of getting a good coach once Pinkel is gone, thus I think they can stay at this level longer...

In short... Nebraska, Missouri and K-State will be competing for the North every year in the short term...

fastest40minutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
looking at pinkel's recruiting class, i do not see him going anywhere for awhile. Keeo in mind what Mizzou football was like before he got there. Now they are actually recruiting well, his job security is very safe for awhile. I agree with the rest of what you said. mizzou and nebraska should be an interesting 'rivalry" the next few years at least.

jlawksu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For Missouri fans to say throw in KSU maybe for the north, is ridiculous, because we have a way better coach than y'all, and look what Snyder did this year with the least talented team in the Big 6 Conferences. One game away from repping the North. I think if we get Leavitt or Patterson, then KSU is here to stay for a LONG TIME. Missouri and Nebraska are both set up with fairly young coaches though. The North is going to be a battle for the next 10 years or so.

fastest40minutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm confident that Nebraska is extremely close to being "back" and when you build a team around defense I feel you have much more staying power...... I'm very confident in Nebraska's ability to win the North more often than not... Obviously we won't dominate like we did in the Big 8 because there is much more parody.... But I think as far as staying power Missouri and Kansas State are the only ones who can compete, but I think as soon as snyder retires again K-state is done for, I think that Missouri has a much better chance of getting a good coach once Pinkel is gone, thus I think they can stay at this level longer...

In short... Nebraska, Missouri and K-State will be competing for the North every year in the short term...

Well, whoever does win the north will have a really good shot of winning the Big 12 Title. The south teams appear to be down a little, though we will have to wait and see for sure. UT and OU usually reload, but both have some key players leaving.I'd give the slight edge to Nebraska in the North as of now. They get Mizzou in Lincoln as well. Growing up in the early 90's, it still amazes me at times that these two programs are as close as they are now.

fastest40minutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For Missouri fans to say throw in KSU maybe for the north, is ridiculous, because we have a way better coach than y'all, and look what Snyder did this year with the least talented team in the Big 6 Conferences. One game away from repping the North. I think if we get Leavitt or Patterson, then KSU is here to stay for a LONG TIME. Missouri and Nebraska are both set up with fairly young coaches though. The North is going to be a battle for the next 10 years or so.

their are 2 ways to look at KState last year. You can say they were within one game of winning the North. or you can say they were not even bowl elible and were beaten by some inferior opponents OOC. That being said, I respect Snyder and I have no reason to believe he will not get it turned around. It will be tough with Mizzou and Nebraska outrecruiting him the majority of the time, but he has succeeded with less talent before. I think kstate will hang around...