• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Siemian playing?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that he was out of practice due to a foot injury.

I'm in a survivor pool and thinking of picking the Broncos this week. Just looking for info on the injury front.

Thanks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that he was out of practice due to a foot injury.

I'm in a survivor pool and thinking of picking the Broncos this week. Just looking for info on the injury front.

Thanks

Right now you know as much as we do about the injury. He was in a walking boot with a foot sprain is the way they described it. And honestly the Broncos will probably play this one pretty close to the vest to force Jacksonville to prepare for both QB's. Sorry couldn't be more help but just the way I think it will go down.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Schelerth and others on talk radio in Denver this morning, almost certain that Lynch will be starting. And could be for awhile.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is going to start from all the talking heads I follow and it could be multiple weeks, maybe even rest of season if it is Lisfranc which many fear (again, how 'insider' are these guys but that is what I have heard)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not a good injury. Paxton has a golden opportunity now to prove he can be the guy going into next year. With that OL it is going to be rough for him though just like Siemian.

Ironic. Siemian has by far his best game and gets injured.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not a good injury. Paxton has a golden opportunity now to prove he can be the guy going into next year. With that OL it is going to be rough for him though just like Siemian.

Ironic. Siemian has by far his best game and gets injured.

Lynch is bigger and a better athlete, so that is a plus for him against our oline

But

He also has a shit motion compared to siemian and isn't as quick mentally

So its a wash imo, maybe even favoring siemian

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is bigger and a better athlete, so that is a plus for him against our oline

But

Well I say this knowing we have limited information to go on but in the game and a half that Lynch played in his actual time from snap to release it was close to a second faster than what Siemian's has been this year. So he might actually be a better fit with the OL we have and then you throw in his athleticism to extend plays that was huge against the Chiefs for our offense to not have so many 3 and outs and if Siemian does have a foot injury you have to think he would struggle to take off running if the situation calls for it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching all day and haven't heard the Lesfranc possibility being nothing other than unsubstantiated speculation. That said, I expect Lynch to play mostly as cautionary with tough schedule coming up after Jags and they feel a watered down playbook for Lynch and their D should give them enough to come out with win and give Trevor extra time to heal his " sprained " foot. Would not be that surprised to see Trevor start Sunday either. One good thing I heard also was interview Palmer had with Lynch was that he has been able to prepare more in case he starts compared to the short week he had after replacing Trevor and the start following week. Something to that effect.Anyway, both would have same difficulties with this O line.:)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But

I dunno about it being a wash right now... Paxton has a lot more upside, but Siemian can think a lot faster with his experience. His reaction time is a lot faster. But it is getting near the end of his rookie year so this is the time you expect Paxton to start picking things up, but until he gets game experience he will have his ups and downs.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about it being a wash right now... Paxton has a lot more upside, but Siemian can think a lot faster with his experience. His reaction time is a lot faster. But it is getting near the end of his rookie year so this is the time you expect Paxton to start picking things up, but until he gets game experience he will have his ups and downs.
What is it again about Paxton's " lot more upside " over Siemian that we've seen so far ? I forget.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got better physical tools. Doesn't mean he will be better or worse, he's got better tools. Nobody says we have "seen it" yet....

Paxton was a first rd pick, Siemian barley sniffed rd 7. Denver was the only team that ever contracted him. Again, doesn't mean he will end up better, but yes, it means he has better tools/upside to work with. Siemian really didn't show any tools off in college, Paxton did, thus better upside.. He's just simply got more to develop into being something special. Siemian has a limited ceiling, but with the right people around him could be an "ok" QB.. He wont win many games for ya though like Paxton's physical tools can allow... Who knows if we will ever see those tools develop, but let's hope so.

There is a big difference between saying someone has "better physical tools", and "this person is better then this person", nobody can deny that Lynch has better physical tools.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it again about Paxton's " lot more upside " over Siemian that we've seen so far ? I forget.

There might not be a bigger fan of Lynch than me on this site. I have watched most of his college games and seen his growth over the time he started for Memphis. The upside is definitely there. He has one of the strongest arms I have seen in a while. He can fit passes into windows that most QB's in the league can only dream of. He also had a beautiful deep ball in college. Then you throw in there are comparisons that his athleticism for his size compares to that of Marcus Mariota and you can see the high upside that a guy like Lynch has. Doesn't mean he will ever pan out. WE have seen plenty of big arm athletic QB's come into the NFL and wash out after a couple of years of teams thinking they could turn those skills into something.

Beyond that though it is his leadership that excites me most. At Memphis his first year he was not popular with his teammates. He was put into the starting role over a Senior that many of the players and fans of Memphis really liked. Heck there was a point after a few games where Lynch was struggling that some of the Senior players came to the coach and told him he should bench Lynch. Yet Lynch fought through that and won those players over to his side. He was loved by his fellow teammates by the end.

I could go on as you know he was my favorite player in the draft. Now that doesn't mean that I was hoping he would be starting over Siemian right now. I have actually enjoyed seeing how Siemian has fought through so much this year with injuries, terrible OL, non-existent run game, and the list can go on yet just continuing to go out and give great effort and show some signs of improvement. Like I said I loved watching him in this Chiefs game where you could see his footwork vastly improved, his drop depth was incredible most of the game, he worked the middle of the field more than in the past, and so on. He was showing growth and that is all you can ask from a young QB. So I hate to see him injured and Lynch get the start because of that. Still I am excited to see Lynch play again and just see if there has been much growth from his last start. I figured this rookie year for him would most likely need to be spent on the bench. He played in the worst offense possible during his college career to try and then translate to the NFL. I'm also interested to see what type of offense do the Broncos run with him. Do they go shot gun or actually have him run the true Kubiak offense?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just as a note for Lynch hopefully finding some success...In his limited reps this year he actually has a higher completion percentage (62.7% compared to 60.0% for Siemian) and has a lower interception per attempt than Siemian. Again those are limited reps so if Lynch gets a couple of games here we will have a more apples to apples comparison.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might not be a bigger fan of Lynch than me on this site. I have watched most of his college games and seen his growth over the time he started for Memphis. The upside is definitely there. He has one of the strongest arms I have seen in a while. He can fit passes into windows that most QB's in the league can only dream of. He also had a beautiful deep ball in college. Then you throw in there are comparisons that his athleticism for his size compares to that of Marcus Mariota and you can see the high upside that a guy like Lynch has. Doesn't mean he will ever pan out. WE have seen plenty of big arm athletic QB's come into the NFL and wash out after a couple of years of teams thinking they could turn those skills into something.

Beyond that though it is his leadership that excites me most. At Memphis his first year he was not popular with his teammates. He was put into the starting role over a Senior that many of the players and fans of Memphis really liked. Heck there was a point after a few games where Lynch was struggling that some of the Senior players came to the coach and told him he should bench Lynch. Yet Lynch fought through that and won those players over to his side. He was loved by his fellow teammates by the end.

I could go on as you know he was my favorite player in the draft. Now that doesn't mean that I was hoping he would be starting over Siemian right now. I have actually enjoyed seeing how Siemian has fought through so much this year with injuries, terrible OL, non-existent run game, and the list can go on yet just continuing to go out and give great effort and show some signs of improvement. Like I said I loved watching him in this Chiefs game where you could see his footwork vastly improved, his drop depth was incredible most of the game, he worked the middle of the field more than in the past, and so on. He was showing growth and that is all you can ask from a young QB. So I hate to see him injured and Lynch get the start because of that. Still I am excited to see Lynch play again and just see if there has been much growth from his last start. I figured this rookie year for him would most likely need to be spent on the bench. He played in the worst offense possible during his college career to try and then translate to the NFL. I'm also interested to see what type of offense do the Broncos run with him. Do they go shot gun or actually have him run the true Kubiak offense?

Are you going to get a coach 22 film analysis on Siemian from the Chiefs game?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, just cause your tools might be Craftsman and mine are Imports doesn't make you big man on the block buddy. Now for the serious part....weren't we getting stories out of Denver from players,coaches and media that the guy who impressed the most with arm strength,etc was Siemian I remember. And that silly 2nd post Cd about Lynch's comp % and int ratio vs Trevors is ridiculous. If I need to explain why.....well that would be ridiculous also. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kubiak and friends don't arrange the offense around Paxton's strengths at this time they are idiots. Don't want to see the Kubiak's under center offense unless Lynch has mastered it to the same degree as Trevor which is highly unlikely.

Already blundered last game by evaluating Sambrillo ready to compete against an All Pro and leaving him in way too long.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just as a note for Lynch hopefully finding some success...In his limited reps this year he actually has a higher completion percentage (62.7% compared to 60.0% for Siemian) and has a lower interception per attempt than Siemian. Again those are limited reps so if Lynch gets a couple of games here we will have a more apples to apples comparison.
Very limited. Need a larger data size .

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kubiak and friends don't arrange the offense around Paxton's strengths at this time they are idiots. Don't want to see the Kubiak's under center offense unless Lynch has mastered it to the same degree as Trevor which is highly unlikely.

Already blundered last game by evaluating Sambrillo ready to compete against an All Pro and leaving him in way too long.

Last year we did great with improvising on offense. This year it seems Kubiak wants to stick to the plan for too long.

As for which QB we like, I think Trevor is serviceable and may get better but I am also excited to see what Lynch can do. Not a slight on Siemian, just want to see what Lynch has too.