• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sharks / Kings 12-27-2014

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is over, but.....

This is why nobody cares about this season. Watching last night was exactly like watching the last 4 games of their playoff series last year. Completely owned by the Kings. The only thing the Kings didn't do was change their diapers...again. At the end of 2 periods Kings dominating the shots and 3 to 1 advantage in hits. Sharks first 2 lines only 4 shots in the first 2 periods. Just like last year when they turtled. This just shows when the Kings want to play (and in the regular season that isn't every night) they can do what they want to the Sharks. Most likely a 1st round matchup and this time the Kings won't go down 3-0. It hasn't happened yet, but we all know what is coming when the Sharks play the Kings in the playoffs again.

P.S. Has Marleau taken the money and run? Heading for his worst goal production since his rookie year. Not too promising for the next two years of his lofty contract.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Game is over, but.....

This is why nobody cares about this season. Watching last night was exactly like watching the last 4 games of their playoff series last year. Completely owned by the Kings. The only thing the Kings didn't do was change their diapers...again. At the end of 2 periods Kings dominating the shots and 3 to 1 advantage in hits. Sharks first 2 lines only 4 shots in the first 2 periods. Just like last year when they turtled. This just shows when the Kings want to play (and in the regular season that isn't every night) they can do what they want to the Sharks. Most likely a 1st round matchup and this time the Kings won't go down 3-0. It hasn't happened yet, but we all know what is coming when the Sharks play the Kings in the playoffs again.

P.S. Has Marleau taken the money and run? Heading for his worst goal production since his rookie year. Not too promising for the next two years of his lofty contract.

Yeah, 3 goals in the last 31 games (since gave 6 of the season). Its amazing given his performance coupled with hertl's decline, Nieto's disappearance, and all the injuries that the sharks are even competitive. That said, it is definitely not a good sign when patty is this dry for this long.

Definitely not looking good for any deep runs. I still have hope that dougie will start looking forward to the future instead of holding on to the past.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[/B]

Yeah, 3 goals in the last 31 games (since gave 6 of the season). Its amazing given his performance coupled with hertl's decline, Nieto's disappearance, and all the injuries that the sharks are even competitive. That said, it is definitely not a good sign when patty is this dry for this long.

Definitely not looking good for any deep runs. I still have hope that dougie will start looking forward to the future instead of holding on to the past.

Yeah, they just can't beat LA. I hate this new playoff format. Makes it even tougher on teams that play in good divisions.
The only way I see Wilson doing that is if they fall out of the playoff picture. He'd have a hard time explaining the fan base why he's trading guys off if they are still in contention. I'd be fine with it, but I'm sure a lot of people would not.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That entire line has struggled to produce 5-on-5 offense since they took Marleau off the forecheck and put him back as the primary defensive forward. That line needs Marleau's speed on the forecheck to be effective and create offensive chances but Couture was failing pretty badly as the primary defensive forward. If the coaching staff keeps with that set up the even strength offense is going to be few and far between for that line. The best thing they could do is put Nieto back with Couture and Marleau when he's healthy to get that speed back on the forecheck.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id say Hertls decline is due to not to playing on a line with Burns. Actually I believe a lot of the forwards offensive production is due to Burns being put back on D...