• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl mysfit

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some tweets from the weigh in

WesBunting Wesley Bunting
#BoiseState QB Kellen Moore under 6-0, skinny frame #seniorbowl

yeah we know

#BoiseState RB Doug Martin was a beast at 5-9 219, compact , thick, broad #seniorbowl

Finally, #BoiseState DL Shea McClellin wasn't the most impressive looking of guys, but he could be a real winner down here #SeniorBowl

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're pretty well represented in the senior bowl

with those 3 plus Winn and Iloka.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore didn't a good day

Martin was great

Winn and McClellin were kind of back and forth, they had some good moments

Iloka had a great day though, seems like he might be helping his stock a lot.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Chadd Cripe
[email protected]
© 2012 Idaho Statesman

MOBILE, Ala. — Here are some quick highlights from the North team’s practice in full pads Tuesday morning at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. I’ll post some quotes and a photo gallery shortly.

Kellen Moore: As is typical for Moore, he didn’t look great during drills. All of the quarterbacks struggled with their timing with the new receivers and Moore was involved in back-to-back fumbled snaps. But when the practice turned competitive, Moore was at his best. He was 7-for-7 in 1-on-1 passing drills, including a pretty deep fade on his first throw. He stayed hot during 7-on-7 passing drills, hitting his first three throws to three different receivers. He was 4-of-6 in that session with one drop — the Vikings’ coaches were more upset than Moore, because it was a nice throw into a hole in the defense — and one incompletion on a deep ball. In the 11-on-11 session, Moore only got three snaps. He threw an incompletion (couldn’t tell for sure from my angle, but looked catchable) and was forced to throw the ball away after a shotgun snap at his feet. His third play was a run.

Doug Martin: He didn’t get much of a chance to carry the ball, but he was the only running back who was able to hold up in the blitz pickup drill. While others were getting whipped, Martin put one defender on the ground and drew cheers of, “Nice job Bronco!” from the Vikings coaches on another block. Martin also looks like the primary kickoff returner and, despite playing personal protector on the punt team, still was one of the first players in the returner’s face in punt coverage.

George Iloka: He followed up a strong first day with the best play of the second day — a diving interception in front of Massachusetts tight end Emil Igwenagu. The pass was thrown by Michigan State’s Kirk Cousins. Iloka played free safety and strong safety, at times lining up over the slot receiver. He looks very comfortable and confident on the field.

Shea McClellin: He spent the day at linebacker again, playing almost exclusively inside. He did line up at rush end once and was blocked out of the play.

Billy Winn: I didn’t get a good look at Winn because the area where I had to stand to take pictures was 80 yards from where the defensive line was working. I hope to get a better look at him tomorrow.

Read more here: Senior Bowl: Big interception for George Iloka, Kellen Moore gets hot, Doug Martin plays strong | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iloka and Martin have been especially great

hearing Martin won't get past the Bengals in the 2nd round, I kind of hope the Bengals get him, I may just go to Bengals games just to see Martin play.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the muscle hamster in red and gold

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
evansilva Evan Silva
by murphsturph
ESPN's Todd McShay on Kellen Moore: "I think he's tall enough to play in a West Coast system." Says Moore has "turned heads" @ Senior Bowl.
woohoo

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great to hear

things weren't looking good yesterday, good to hear things turning around.
yeah it's pretty clear there are some folks who really want to see him fail based on the tweets of 'KM is going to be exposed has crappy arm strength' nonsense.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith said he was impressed with Moore on Monday, which was his first look at him, and he isn’t bothered by his lack of size.

“Drew Brees has helped a lot of guys that don’t have the prototype size per se,” Smith said. “To me, it’s how they play the game.”

On the five Broncos, Smith said: “Outstanding group.”

Read more here: Senior Bowl: Big interception for George Iloka, Kellen Moore gets hot, Doug Martin plays strong | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's pretty clear there are some folks who really want to see him fail based on the tweets of 'KM is going to be exposed has crappy arm strength' nonsense.

indeed

it's a bit rediculous.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL

One of the writers who has been the biggest nay sayer on Kellen also claimed today that Doug Martin hadn't done much. Which is on stark contrast to just about everyone else.

Mid major hater is all I can say.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL

One of the writers who has been the biggest nay sayer on Kellen also claimed today that Doug Martin hadn't done much. Which is on stark contrast to just about everyone else.

Mid major hater is all I can say.

pretty much, guess no one's taking that person seriously.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
7 invites from Alabama

6 invites from Wiscocin

5 invites from Boise St...Most represenitves frrom any confrence :lalala:

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to note that all the writers who talk about how crappy Moore looks don't stop to consider whats going on like Cripe has here in his story.

Martin continues to have a monster showing and one person called him a bowling ball.

By Chadd Cripe
[email protected]
© 2012 Idaho Statesman

MOBILE, Ala. — Here are some Boise State highlights from the Wednesday morning Senior Bowl practice by the North team, in full pads:

Kellen Moore: He didn’t throw to wide receivers nearly as much as Tuesday. His 1-on-1 session was with the running backs and tight ends. In 7-on-7, he was 2-for-3. The first pass was a smart check-down throw to Doug Martin, who made a big gain. On the incompletion, it appeared the receiver stopped when Moore expected him to keep running. Chemistry between quarterbacks and receivers is an obvious issue this week. In team, Moore was 2-for-3. His two completions came on rollouts, and the second one was a nicely timed out route about 15 yards downfield, the type of throw some question whether he can make. The incompletion was on a throw downfield. It sailed over the receiver’s head, which has been an issue for Moore all week on vertical routes. It seems like he’s expecting the receivers to be quicker out of their breaks than they are.

Doug Martin: Martin looks like one of the best players on the field at all times. In every drill, he shines. He made three catches in the 1-on-1 passing drills, including two against Shea McClellin. Two of the catches were down the sideline. He also broke a long run in the team session.

Shea McClellin: He’s playing inside linebacker this week, and he says that’s partly by his choice. The Vikings offered to let him play more end/outside linebacker, but he likes getting exposed to inside linebacker and having scouts see him play there. He’s working with former Bears star and San Franciscco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary, which helps. At the beginning of practice, Singletary coached McClellin through an agility drill. “You’re getting better today! You’re getting better today!” he told McClellin.

Billy Winn: He got his helmet knocked off on the first play of run-game practice, but he still got penetration. It’s a difficult position for me to evaluate but a couple of NFL Draft websites reported that they were impressed with Winn after an unimpressive showing Tuesday.

George Iloka: He never had a chance to make a play on the ball Wednesday, but he continues to stand out with his range and athleticism.

Read more here: Doug Martin shines at Senior Bowl practices again; Shea McClellin learning fast at inside linebacker | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Iloka seizes opportunity to make impact | Boise State Football | Idaho Statesman

MOBILE, Ala. — On Monday night, George Iloka said he wanted to prove to NFL talent evaluators that his goose egg in the interception column was a product of opportunity, not ability.

On Tuesday morning, he delivered. Iloka made a diving interception, coming across the field to slip in front of the tight end on a pass thrown by Michigan State's Kirk Cousins.

The play might have been the highlight of day two at the Senior Bowl practices.

“I've got to show them the fact I didn't have an interception this year was not because I'm not a playmaker, but because teams didn't come my way,” Iloka said. “They were targeting our young corners.”

Iloka was reminded of the difference between college and NFL rules as he stayed on the ground with the ball. The Senior Bowl is played with NFL rules, which means he was allowed to get up and run.

“I heard someone saying, ‘Go score. Go score,’ ” he said.

TUESDAY HIGHLIGHTS

Æ You might see some poor reviews of quarterback Kellen Moore's perfor-mance, and that's from people who only watched the early drills — with no defenders. Moore missed a couple throws as he tried to develop timing with his new receivers and fumbled a couple snaps.

But in real situations, he was on fire — 7-for-7 in 1-on-1 passing drills and 4-for-6 with a drop in 7-on-7 drills. He only took three snaps in 11-on-11, with one incompletion that might have been catchable, one throwaway because of a bad shotgun snap and one run play.

The people who watched Moore closely during those sessions seemed impressed. He should get more 11-on-11 work Wednesday.

“The practices go really fast,” he said. “You get a few reps in there and before you know it they blow the horn.”

Æ Tailback Doug Martin was one of the best athletes on the field. He stuffed a couple of blitzers, harassed the punt returners despite lining up in the backfield as the personal protector and flashed explosiveness as a kick returner.

Æ Defensive end Shea McClellin (Marsing High) spent most of his day at inside linebacker for the second straight practice. He did get some chances on the outside, as a pass rusher, and did a nice job.

Æ Defensive tackle Billy Winn had the worst day of the Broncos. He didn’t make much of an impact and needs to bounce back Wednesday.

Minnesota Vikings and North coach Leslie Frazier said the five Broncos share one common trait.

“Probably the biggest thing is how hard they're playing,” he said. “They're practicing hard, and that's what you want to see is guys with great work ethic. That's one thing you don't want to have to coach.”

Read more here: George Iloka seizes opportunity to make impact | Boise State Football | Idaho Statesman

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for Billy he needed it

McShay13 Todd McShay
DT Billy Winn stood out on Wed. Best day yet and better than much of '11 tape I've seen.Quick hands.Owned Wis OG Zeitler on a couple 1on1's

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iloka continues to impress

Trio from the North boosting stock at Senior Bowl - CBSSports.com

FS George Iloka, Boise State: At nearly 6-4 and 222 pounds, Iloka looks more like a potential linebacker than a free safety, but his athleticism and instincts have been on display all week long. He intercepted a pass during Tuesday's practice, making an impressive diving pick-off of Michigan State's Kirk Cousins in front of Massachusetts' H-back Emil Igwenagu. Iloka is not surprisingly a bit high in his back pedal but he showed surprising agility and burst when asked to drop down and cover receivers when the offense switched to a three receiver set. In a relatively weak year for safeties (outside of Alabama's Mark Barron), Iloka's size, athleticism and experience (40 consecutive starts) stand out.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior Bowl notes from Mobile, Day 2 - Bleeding Green Nation

Gerell Robinson beats George Iloka on a deep post. Got wide open. Iloka is a big boy at safety at almost 6'4 and 222. Very big frame. He looks bigger than quite a few linebackers out here on both sides. That is a bad drill for him, as he's not going to match up well 1-on-1 against wide receivers.

7 on 7′s

- Kellen Moore with 3 consecutive nice balls to Emil Igwenagu, Marvin McNutt, and Gerell Robinson. Realizing that sentence would have been funnier if it 2 consecutive nice balls. Moore had a nice day today. That's how I'd classify it, personally... Nice, as opposed to some other reports I've been hearing about him today. He looked good throwing in the short-intermediate zones, but I can't recall him completing anything longer than 15 yards downfield.

- Michael Egnew with a drop from Kirk Cousins.

- I've been watching Lavonte David in coverage in these 7 on 7 drills. He looks great. On consecutive plays I watched him blanket DeVier Posey. David is a LB. Posey is a WR. David doesn't have good size at 6'0, 225, but he can certainly cover.

- Little checkdown to Isaiah Pead. Yesterday, in the North Team practices, the buzz was that Pead looked like the best RB. I didn't attend that practice. Personally, I liked what I saw from Vick Ballard today. More on him in a bit.

- Russell Wilson hits McNutt on 10 yard out. Nice zip on the throw. McNutt then catches another 10 yard hitch, followed by a deep ball from Kellen Moore that falls incomplete. McNutt just keeps getting open, and the North Team QBs are giving him a ton of targets.

- Really nice pass from Kellen Moore to Brian Quick. His best ball of the day. The big questions about Moore are his size, which is obvious in person, and his arm strength. This was a legitimate pro throw. He put it high where the 6'4 Quick could go get it. Crisp throw down the seam. Well done.

- Another nice pass from Moore to Igwenagu. Drop. That's his 2nd drop of the day.

- Russell Wilson with a 5 yard stop to Quick. Slow decision making here by Wilson. Stared Quick down, took a beat, then decided to throw. Release was pretty slow as well. That's a completion in 7 on 7 drills at the Senior Bowl. It'll be a lot uglier in the NFL.

- Wilson with a better pass this time. Hits a wide open Posey over the middle.

11 on 11′s:

- Great penetration by Kendall Reyes from the DT position. Split two offensive linemen and blew up the play. Kirk Cousins was immediately flushed from the pocket.

- Diving interception by George Iloka. Cousins faced immediate pressure again, tried to roll right and fit one in near the sideline, but Iloka dove in front and made the pick. Really well done. I talked about Iloka earlier. He struggled a bit in 1-on-1′s against receivers, but he's a big boy at 6'4, 222. Showed some nice awareness here.

- Kevin Zeitler is in at center. He's typically a guard. Zeitler had a low snap in shotgun, and Kellen Moore had to throw the ball away, and later there was another mishandled snap. I didn't see if the 2nd mishandled snap was on Zeitler or the QB, but it certainly looks like Zeitler isn't particularly comfortable as a center. But again, it's not his normal position.

- After a generally very good day, McNutt drops a deep ball from Kirk Cousins. Really good throw from Cousins. 50 yards into the wind, and it was on the mark. Cousins is pretty clearly the best North Team QB, and I'd put him 2nd among all the QBs here behind Brandon Weeden.